Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the Browns
Its a short week, we have 3.5 days...maybe...to talk about this game so, let's talk about it.

Ok ok, there's really not much to talk about, Dalton may throw 8 TD's on Thursday night. Hayden will be out with a concussion and that's pretty much about all they have.

I know, Battle of Ohio, throw the records out the door, don't sleep on the Browns and whatever other cliche' that's out there that can be said. I'm sorry, the Browns don't or shouldn't have a chance in this game on Thursday night.

This is the perfect game for the Bengals Offense to take out some frustration on the Browns not only from last years arse whooping the Browns put on the Bengals but the frustration of coming out flat against the Steelers after the Bye.

Too early after the win today? Probably but I'm ready for Thursday in Prime Time to make a statement.

Let's go Bengals!

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Would Thursday be too early to talk about a Sunday game? I think not.lol

But anyways there is no reason why we should not win Thursday.

-No Whitner = Eifert day
-No Haden = Green day(lol)
-No McCown? = Manziel?
-Burfict back = body bags
-payback from last year = WHODEY!
Reply/Quote
Not only the injuries for the Browns, but what the heck is going on in their front office? These trade rumors are a bit odd. I don't think their heads will be on straight.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
The Browns front on Defense is no joke though...

Hell, who am I kidding, I don't know if it's any good, just going off what I heard back during pre-season.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
They have a good tight end in Barnridge........ yup.
Reply/Quote
Earlier this season, we hoped Pittsburgh and Baltimore would beat each other up, hoping we'd catch Balt coming off of a physical game in a short week to take advantage of. Well, this is exactly how Clev gets us now.

The Thursday night game is controversial, it becomes even more so when it's the second game of back to back divisional games. Whoever scheduled this needs to be re evaluated.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:28 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Its a short week, we have 3.5 days...maybe...to talk about this game so, let's talk about it.

Ok ok, there's really not much to talk about, Dalton may throw 8 TD's on Thursday night. Hayden will be out with a concussion and that's pretty much about all they have.

I know, Battle of Ohio, throw the records out the door, don't sleep on the Browns and whatever other cliche' that's out there that can be said. I'm sorry, the Browns don't or shouldn't have a chance in this game on Thursday night.

This is the perfect game for the Bengals Offense to take out some frustration on the Browns not only from last years arse whooping the Browns put on the Bengals but the frustration of coming out flat against the Steelers after the Bye.

Too early after the win today? Probably but I'm ready for Thursday in Prime Time to make a statement.

Let's go Bengals!

WHO-DEY!!!

TBT, on paper we should have destroyed pissburgh yesterday..we will not walk away from this game with an easy victory

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Half their team may be traded before Thursday, I think the Browns will take any serious offers on Mack, J Thomas, Kruger and more.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Earlier this season, we hoped Pittsburgh and Baltimore would beat each other up, hoping we'd catch Balt coming off of a physical game in a short week to take advantage of. Well, this is exactly how Clev gets us now.

The Thursday night game is controversial, it becomes even more so when it's the second game of back to back divisional games. Whoever scheduled this needs to be re evaluated.

Why can't the NFL make the Thursday night games teams coming off a bye, does this make too much sense?  I realize they would be able to do this every week but for more than half of them they certainly could.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: Half their team may be traded before Thursday, I think the Browns will take any serious offers on Mack, J Thomas, Kruger and more.

I would think Thomas would fly off the shelf.  Mack would too if not for his contract structure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Browns are not as bad as their record shows. I think McCown got hurt, not sure. Funny if Manziel starts/plays. They have nothing to lose regarding that. Browns Defense can be a beast.

I'm curious about some high throws Dalton was having in Pittsburgh's game relative to all year, hope he has it back to normal on Thursday.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:28 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Its a short week, we have 3.5 days...maybe...to talk about this game so, let's talk about it.

Let's go Bengals!

WHO-DEY!!!

I love the enthusiasm, but here is a dose of reality:

The Bengals just played an incredibly physical game against the steelers.

Last year, after an incredibly physical game against the steelers, they looked flatter than a pancake at Indianapolis.

The Browns do have talent, but they can't seem to finish games.  They were up on AZ by 10 points in the second half.  If they get out to a lead on a primetime game, their energy will soar.

The Bengals are clearly the better team, but they can't afford to fall behind early again.  I'm hoping for a lot of power running with Hewitt blocking and Hill pounding.  Take some shots off play-action and play the same great defense they played yesterday.

Someone also needs to tie Brandon Tate to the goalpost so he doesn't do stupid returns from 8 yards deep and make it to the 10 yard line. 

I'm so glad Burfict his back, even in a reduced role.  He is a Brown killer, and I think his energy and toughness are infectious. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Earlier this season, we hoped Pittsburgh and Baltimore would beat each other up, hoping we'd catch Balt coming off of a physical game in a short week to take advantage of. Well, this is exactly how Clev gets us now.

Agreed.  And the team that has to "travel" is usually on the shorter end of the stick.  However, the travel from Cleveland is nothing.  I'm confident in this team, but I don't think this will be the walk in the park some are making it out to be.
Reply/Quote
If it's brown, flush it down.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:42 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Browns front on Defense is no joke though...

Hell, who am I kidding, I don't know if it's any good, just going off what I heard back during pre-season.

Danny Shelton has been awful and they are missing Jamaal Sheard (free agency) badly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I get that divisional games can be surprisingly tough and anything can happen in the NFL and blah blah blah, but come on now.

Half of the Browns secondary will be out, their d-line is underperforming, and our offense has proven to be top notch.

I won't be surprised at all to see Andy throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs......in the first half. Seriously, that wouldn't shock me one bit and I'm really not one to make overly optimistic predictions like that. Andy will prove that those sailing throws @Pitt aren't going to be recurring this year. Our line should give him plenty of time against Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Night game and a short week and the Browns always play us tough but...I just don't see us doing anything but rolling over them. Their team has to be demoralized and a mess right now.

Reply/Quote
Its Primetime folks...

I expect a win, but I know what can happen when this team takes the field during Primetime games.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:01 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Night game and a short week and the Browns always play us tough but...I just don't see us doing anything but rolling over them. Their team has to be demoralized and a mess right now.

I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks.

We get the W but in typical AFC N warfare style
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: Half their team may be traded before Thursday, I think the Browns will take any serious offers on Mack, J Thomas, Kruger and more.

I wouldn't mind getting B. Mingo..  - He'd be a nice addition to our LB corp 
Reply/Quote