Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the Browns
what ever happened to Josh Gordon is he out of the league? or just taking another year off suspended?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what ever happened to Josh Gordon is he out of the league? or just taking another year off suspended?

Suspended for the year, but the league has the option to extend it. He's basically in Odell Thurman territory.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what ever happened to Josh Gordon is he out of the league? or just taking another year off suspended?

Browns are still holding onto his rights during his suspension... He'll get another chance in Cleveland. Why? Because they're the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's such a bad commercial

I could be wrong, but I think that is the fellla (hot dog vendor consultant) that I play poker against at the Horseshoe.

If so, he is as goofy in person as he is on TV

Why Him to represent us?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think that is the fellla (hot dog vendor consultant) that I play poker against at the Horseshoe.

Why Him to represent us?

NFL thinking that they're being funny.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
For me, its like this.

They have every reason to win.

Both teams coming off short week so that excuse is nullified.

1. Bengals are a better team.

2. This is a chance to start rewriting the big stage game franchise nemesis that's plagued them, by winning more than just once out of 4 or 5 games.

3. They have a chance at 'home field' revenge. (Yes, they got revenge at their house last year, but the Browns DID come into their house and embarrass them.)

My concern is they had huge incentive last year to beat them, with the Devon Still thing going on, and failed miserably.

The difference, this year is, so far, they have shown that mental toughness, which I don't think they had a complete handle on until this year.

I'm hoping the mental toughness can shine through, once again!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For me, its like this.

They have every reason to win.

Both teams coming off short week so that excuse is nullified.

1.  Bengals are a better team.

2.  This is a chance to start rewriting the big stage game franchise nemesis that's plagued them, by winning more than just once out of 4 or 5 games.

3.  They have a chance at 'home field' revenge. (Yes, they got revenge at their house last year, but the Browns DID come into their house and embarrass them.)

My concern is they had huge incentive last year to beat them, with the Devon Still thing going on, and failed miserably.

The difference, this year is, so far, they have shown that mental toughness, which I don't think they had a complete handle on until this year.

I'm hoping the mental toughness can shine through, once again!
They had a bad day offensively last week and still willed their way to win.  That's where mental toughness takes you.  And this mental toughness has been on display every week this season.  I don't think it's going away. 

They have a very firm grasp on what it takes to win and  the belief that no matter what happens, they will still get the job done.  They truly believe.  All the mental and physical pieces have come together.  Marvin and his team kept looking until they found the way.  And this feels built to last too.

Last year's Thursday night debacle is a distant memory.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Manziel to start.... Uh oh! Can you say trap?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:51 PM)Gohards Wrote: Manziel to start.... Uh oh! Can you say trap?

I wonder if Browns fans would be scared if we were starting some crappy bust instead of our best QB.

Trap game, my arse!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:51 PM)Gohards Wrote: Manziel to start.... Uh oh! Can you say trap?

As in "the Browns fell into a trap by drafting him and now they are f'ed"??  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

No, I can't, mainly because I am sick to death of that phrase.

I don't expect the him to be as bad as last year(though it wouldn't surprise me if he was) but there is no way that guy beats us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

divisional games are never trap games they are always doubly important
Reply/Quote
Johnny Fartball doesn't throw as many TDs as McCown, but he runs around like a moron and is 5'6 so that wackiness is terrifying. Just kidding.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:59 PM)McC Wrote: No, I can't, mainly because I am sick to death of that phrase.

I don't expect the him to be as bad as last year(though it wouldn't surprise me if he was) but there is no way that guy beats us.

Barring some sort of bubonic plague outbreak in the Bengals' locker room, I feel very good that the team will be 8-0 on Thursday night!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think that is the fellla (hot dog vendor consultant) that I play poker against at the Horseshoe.

Why Him to represent us?

Same thing I ask every time I see that Foam Finger schmuck.

(Bracing for the inevitable how-dare-you's: "That guy is my friend's brother-in-law's uncle!" and "He feeds homeless people while reading bedtime stories to cancer patients!")
Reply/Quote
Well Cleveland almost shipped off Joe Thomas.
Reply/Quote