Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
(12-31-2018, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which makes a strong case for drafting one and using the money elsewhere.

Lots of teams with QB’s on rookie contracts in the playoffs this year.

Mahomes
Goff
Trubisky
Watson
Prescott
Jackson

And the rest (excluding Philly) are the top guys like Brady, Brees, Rivers, Luck, and Wilson.

Is this the year to do that or do you go after Foles or Wentz (serious QB controversy there) OR see what Dalton does under hopefully a competent new coaching staff. Damn my mind is spinning right now. I personally want to see what Dalton (and the rest of the team) does under a competent coaching staff.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: league has changed.. if you don;t have offense in today's game, it is much harder to win.. the person that should have been fired with him would be the savior GM who blames it on the coaches.. he has not drafted a good QB yet...

Today's game? We're comparing 2017 to 2016. 

The Broncos went 9-7 with Siemien in 2016.
The Broncos went 5-11 with Siemien in 2017. (with Vance Joseph)

Elway does need to go, but one of his failures was hiring Vance Joseph. Seriously, what's the love affair with this guy? Took the Broncos, made them worse. He led the 29th ranked defense as DC with the Dolphins. The dude hasn't done anything great in his biggest roles, and people still love him. Why?  
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:25 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Zimmer was a fantastic DC when he was here. No one disputes that. And you're comparing games he DC'd here to games in which he was a HC. These are apples and bananas. 

Ok, so you don't want Zimmer. Probably has no chance of happening anyway. But we could (and may well) do a lot worse.
Totally missed my point, the person said you cant disregard a playoff win because it was a fluke well then you cant disregard how bad zimmers defense was in playoffs even with the success in regular season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally missed my point, the person said you cant disregard a playoff win because it was a fluke well then you cant disregard how bad zimmers defense was in playoffs even with the success in regular season

The Vikings announced they're keeping Zimmer...

But I don't see Zimmer as a guy that can come in and transform our culture here.
Reply/Quote
That was a great press conference! Marvin Lewis handled things very well.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was a great press conference!  Marvin Lewis handled things very well.

I guess one out of ten thousand ain't bad.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was a great press conference!  Marvin Lewis handled things very well.

Yeah almost like he's relieved to be gone isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan HC, Hue OC, Joesph DC. Rex would be great out of NY. Bill Belichick(twice), Pete Carroll, Bill Parcells all failed there. Remember he actually won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah almost like he's relieved to be gone isn't it?

Would you be relieved if Mike Brown was no longer your shoulder surfing micromanaging boss?
Reply/Quote
I'll leave this here...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Would you be relieved if Mike Brown was no longer your shoulder surfing micromanaging boss?

He chose to put up with whatever he dealt with for 16 years, so apparently it didn't bother him THAT much. 

That said, I'd imagine 16 years of not being able to win a playoff game wore on him as much as the fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll leave this here...

Um, I hope this is simply a courtesy. If they actually hire any of those 3, I'm out.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Um, I hope this is simply a courtesy. If they actually hire any of those 3, I'm out.

I've heard Simmons name as a potential candidate around the league but at this point for us I think we need a new voice in house. 
Reply/Quote
I hope interviewing from within is just a respect thing. We truly need a new culture. No leftovers on this one.
Reply/Quote

Pretty much to be expected. In 2003, they interviewed Jimmy Anderson and Mark Duffner from the staff before starting outside interviews.
Reply/Quote
Regarding the "firing" of Marvin Lewis...

[Image: 57RdoS7.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I've heard Simmons name as a potential candidate around the league but at this point for us I think we need a new voice in house. 

There's a difference between seeing a name thrown around and seeing him actually interviewed and hired. Simmons has an overall fairly mediocre track record as a ST coach, and I certainly don't want a Marv-lifer as the next HC. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's a difference between seeing a name thrown around and seeing him actually interviewed and hired. Simmons has an overall fairly mediocre track record as a ST coach, and I certainly don't want a Marv-lifer as the next HC. 

A lot of times coaches are judged by teams not just by results for their specific units but how they handle the bigger picture stuff. Special teams is always difficulty because you get the "left overs" a lot of times. He has done a pretty good job mixing and matching guys in. We don't put our best players on teams like a KC, Pitt, etc who loan their offensive start to ST for returners and such. We take a guy like Brandon Tate or Alex Erickson and make them above average returners. 

Harbaugh was kind of unheard of when the Ravens hired him. I'm not saying I want him as I pointed out above, but I don't think being ST precludes him.
Reply/Quote

I am not really sure what to think of Simmons and Lazor. Simmons is a really good ST coach, but is he really HC quality? Lazor, well when all your impact players get injured and your big FA LT pretty much shits the bed, it's hard to guage where he is at. Hue, no way! I honestly want to clean house and start over. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I've heard Simmons name as a potential candidate around the league but at this point for us I think we need a new voice in house. 

PFT is reporting that both Simmons and Lazor are being interviewed for HC...
Reply/Quote