Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lewis to meet with Brown next week about his future
https://www.12up.com/posts/6259185-report-marvin-lewis-to-meet-with-bengals-owner-next-week-to-discuss-future/partners/40920?fbclid=IwAR2sIuxyTPtp8qENtaB6wdPA_DMSmkd7MBprScjBQCEIlhC9x_Z9wuFsED8
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: u1FcufY.gif?noredirect]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Cheers

Here's to hoping Merv decides to retire. And Hue doesn't take his place !
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Cheers

Amen! 
Reply/Quote
What I see---blah, blah, blah, same ol' same ol'. Blah, blah, blah, we're on the right track. Blah, blah, blah, just gotta play better. Blah, blah, blah, Marvin will be coaching here with a walker.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
MB: Do you want to stay?
Marv: We gotta do a better job.
MB: You’re right, two year extension!
Reply/Quote
Bulls**t.

All they’re doing is talking money/contract extensions Whatever
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin is gone; no way a owner would want to put up with the backlash that he will receive from the fanbase and local media. How can he honestly put his players and coaches threw that and expect it not wear on them? Honestly if he does keep Marvin then he is planning on moving the team come 2026.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Maybe Mike is doing the classy thing instead of just sending him an email saying "sorry, Marye, but you're fired," which seems like something Mike would do.

That, or maybe Marvin comes in and says "build an indoor practice facility, hire more scouts, and hire a GM with unlimited power or I'm gone." Either way, we win (even if not totally).

Worst case scenario is Marvin says "I'll coach one more year and then Hue takes over" or Marvin says "I'm gone if you just promote Hue."
Reply/Quote
We have seen a version of that tweet every year. I’m holding out no great hopes of any changes.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Another dagger in the heart Tuesday. Oh well, no surprise.

Reply/Quote
Lol

Reply/Quote
Title should really read “Marvin Lewis to inform Mike Brown that he is still the coach next year”.
Reply/Quote
Do they really need a meeting for this. Can't it just be a quick see ya tomorrow. What could they possibly discuss? It wont be changes, free agency or which old player need to go. Wendy's did just raises prices on the combos so maybe that's it.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to get my hopes up again. Marvin is like the guest that would never leave. I think Mike Brown leaves the decision up to Marvin and he will say another year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Cheers

Maybe Mike decides to retire and Marvin takes his place... Sad
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think Marvin is gone; no way a owner would want to put up with the backlash that he will receive from the fanbase and local media. How can he honestly put his players and coaches threw that and expect it not wear on them? Honestly if he does keep Marvin then he is planning on moving the team come 2026.

You think a man his age is looking out that far to 2026? His kids may be, but I doubt he does. Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us, but it damn sure ain't promised to him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't want to get my hopes up again. Marvin is like the guest that would never leave. I think Mike Brown leaves the decision up to Marvin and he will say another year.

That’s already been confirmed (not even kidding or exaggerating).

Marvin will be informing Mike of his decision (ie he’ll be telling Mike that he’ll accept his contract option so he will be the head coach next year).
Reply/Quote
Fans need to send Mikey a letter and tell him there's meet about his future. Sadly, the next coach will suck worse than Marv and the cycle of loserism will continue until Mike Brown departs from holding a position with the team.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:56 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Do they really need a meeting for this. Can't it just be a quick see ya tomorrow. What could they possibly discuss? It wont be changes, free agency or which old player need to go. Wendy's did just raises prices on the combos so maybe that's it.

Really ! They could just meet in the parking lot after the game.

Mike Brown: "Marvin, I'm pretty stationary and unchangeable, but"
Marvin Lewis: "Mr. Brown, we're gonna do a better job this time, I swear"
Mike Brown: "Two year extension"
Reply/Quote