Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little girl's encounter with Pope a farce
(09-28-2015, 10:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No that's not what they say at all.  I'm not sure who told you that.  

The catholic church told me that.  Since you disagree maybe you'd like to enlighten us then as to the reasoning behind the church's rabid anti-birth control stance?
(09-28-2015, 10:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The catholic church told me that.  Since you disagree maybe you'd like to enlighten us then as to the reasoning behind the church's rabid anti-birth control stance?

Because it takes God out of the equation, and rejects a gift from God.  It violates nature.  It is considered a grievous sin, but it is not considered murder.  Abortion is considered murder.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2015, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They don't say birth control is murder.

Yeah, they pretty much do.  Same as with masturbation.  

We teach marriage classes for our church.  The only acceptable birth control is the rhythm method.

(09-28-2015, 10:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Liberals seem to love this Pope, but they only listen to half of what he says.

Same with Conservatives.  Human nature I suppose.

(09-28-2015, 10:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And people need to learn what Jesus was doing when he said give to Caesar what is Caesar's.  They tried to trap him and he turned it back on them.

Exactly.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-28-2015, 10:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Because it takes God out of the equation, and rejects a gift from God.  It violates nature.  It is considered a grievous sin, but it is not considered murder.  Abortion is considered murder.

As I said, your argument is a semantic one.  I wonder why life support doesn't violate nature?  Ninja
(09-28-2015, 10:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As I said, your argument is a semantic one.  I wonder why life support doesn't violate nature?  Ninja

Murder or not murder is semantic?  Show me where they call it murder.  They flat out call abortion murder.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

You can read something like Humanae Vitae. Doctrinal Principle II to read the Church's reasoning on birth control. It's not the only thing, but it lays it out pretty well.

(09-28-2015, 10:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Because it takes God out of the equation, and rejects a gift from God.  It violates nature.  It is considered a grievous sin, but it is not considered murder.  Abortion is considered murder.

But, birth control isn't 100% effective. So I guess you could call that 1% failure rate a miracle? Wouldn't the rhythm method be nothing more than using our understanding of the reproductive cycle to play God?
(09-28-2015, 10:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, birth control isn't 100% effective. So I guess you could call that 1% failure rate a miracle?  Wouldn't the rhythm method be nothing more than using our understanding of the reproductive cycle to play God?

Sorry I didn't give a link.  If you read it, it gives you a good idea of their reasoning.  i personally don't subscribe to it, and I'm not saying you can't find flaws in their reasoning, I'm just saying they don't call it murder.

http://w2.vatican.va/content/paul-vi/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-vi_enc_25071968_humanae-vitae.html

(09-28-2015, 10:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, they pretty much do.  Same as with masturbation.  

We teach marriage classes for our church.  The only acceptable birth control is the rhythm method.

So..... pulling out is pretty much off the table then ?
Spilling of seed and all that ?

Just curious, as I do not know much of Catholicism (other than watching Python's Meaning of Life).

(09-28-2015, 11:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: So..... pulling out is pretty much off the table then ?
Spilling of seed and all that ?

Just curious, as I do not know much of Catholicism (other than watching Python's Meaning of Life).

Ha!  I was going to post that!

But basically, yes.

Whether the bible citation is sufficient for that or not, that it what we were taught.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-28-2015, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ha!  I was going to post that!

But basically, yes.

Whether the bible citation is sufficient for that or not, that it what we were taught.

So, I'm assuming hummers are out of the question then.
You poor bastards !
Tongue
(09-28-2015, 11:51 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, I'm assuming hummers are out of the question then.
You poor bastards !
Tongue

to completion yes.

(09-28-2015, 11:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: to completion yes.

You all have my utmost sympathies.
Sad

But, you do have Confession and the whole Hail Mary deal to cover the "slip-ups", right ?
(09-28-2015, 12:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You all have my utmost sympathies.
Sad

But, you do have Confession and the whole Hail Mary deal to cover the "slip-ups", right ?

Well remember you are supposed to be married so all that is off the table anyway. Big Grin

Confession only works if you intend to try to avoid the sin in the future.  Last Rites has you covered though. But of course if you die suddenly, then you are SOL.

(09-28-2015, 12:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well remember you are supposed to be married so all that is off the table anyway. Big Grin

Confession only works if you intend to try to avoid the sin in the future.  Last Rites has you covered though. But of course if you die suddenly, then you are SOL.

I just realized I worked oral sex into a thread about a little girl and the pope.
Confused

Pray for me...
LOL
(09-28-2015, 11:51 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, I'm assuming hummers are out of the question then.
You poor bastards !
Tongue

That's why I roll Lutheran. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-28-2015, 12:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's why I roll Lutheran. LOL

Most good Germans do !
I went to my wife's Lutheran church for a while, but when she moved to my town, we found the local one to be rather lackluster.
We found a Methodist church that we both liked.
ThumbsUp
(09-28-2015, 12:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Most good Germans do !
I went to my wife's Lutheran church for a while, but when she moved to my town, we found the local one to be rather lackluster.
ThumbsUp

I was raised as a Dunker (currently called the Church of the Brethren). My wife was raised Catholic. We decided to split the difference.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-28-2015, 12:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was raised as a Dunker (currently called the Church of the Brethren). My wife was raised Catholic. We decided to split the difference.

Thanks for sharing !
I was not familiar with Church of the Brethren.
I learned something new.
I had stayed far away from religion for the largest part of my life.
Now, I find it interesting to learn about, as it really shows how a lot of societies formed and functioned.
(09-28-2015, 12:39 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Most good Germans do !
ThumbsUp

If by good Germans you mean those who are going to hell for turning away from the one true faith as opposed to going to hell for genocide I guess you may be right.   Big Grin