Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Logan Wilson getting attacked
The other story from last night is that "Logan Wilson is a dirty player". Even during the game, Herbstreit talked about Logan's "bad intentions" We can ignore the fact that when TJ Watt makes the exact same plays, he is lauded as the best defensive player in the NFL. Wilson made 3 tackles and unfortunately, players were injured. Mark Andrews will be lost for the season because he badly rolled his ankle when tackled. He was going for the strip of Beckham. The slippery field put Lamar into a bad position. Exatly HOW was Wilson supposed to tackle those players? The NFL isn't flag football which would have been the ONLY way he could have taken down Andrews or Beckham without you know actually tackling them

Not one of his tackles was illegal nor had injurious intent but that won't change the storyline

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:52 AM)pally Wrote: The other story from last night is that "Logan Wilson is a dirty player".   Even during the game,  Herbstreit talked about Logan's "bad intentions" We can ignore the fact that when TJ Watt makes the exact same plays, he is lauded as the best defensive player in the NFL.  Wilson made 3 tackles and unfortunately, players were injured.  Mark Andrews will be lost for the season because he badly rolled his ankle when tackled.  He was going for the strip of Beckham. The slippery field put Lamar into a bad position.  Exatly HOW was Wilson supposed to tackle those players?  The NFL isn't flag football which would have been the ONLY way he could have taken down Andrews or Beckham without you know actually tackling them

Not one of his tackles was illegal nor had injurious intent but that won't change the storyline

I thought Herbstreit meant it has a figure of speech to describe hardnose play rather than an indictment against Wilson, perhaps not. I don't think Logan did anything wrong with any of the tackles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair his uniform was kind of grass stained.. I doubt Wilson is going to lose any sleep over what a few nitwit pundits are saying..I'm certainly not.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I know that was mentioned on the broadcast and then repeated on Twitter. They're has been way too much tape on Wilson to think he's a dirty player.
I personally dislike the hip drop tackle but his play on Andrew is why I wouldn't want it to be a rule because his looked more like a slip. Can't remember exactly how he came in on Lamar but he waited until the last possible second to try and flip it away so that's more on him in my eyes. Then he did straight flatten Odell but that just happens sometimes when your dancing around.
Reply/Quote
NFL is considering banning hip tackles. If they do that then you might as well play flag football.

Why is there never any controversy when a Steelers hurt a player with a dirty hit like what happened with Chubb but Logan makes a legitimate legal tackle and someone gets hurt there is a controversy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
You are witnessing the media creating a narrative in action. And that narrative is Logan Wilson is dirty. And possibly the bengals

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:04 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: NFL is considering banning hip tackles.  If they do that then you might as well play flag football.  

Why is there never any controversy when a Steelers hurt a player with a dirty hit like what happened with Chubb but Logan makes a legitimate legal tackle and someone gets hurt there is a controversy.  

There was quite the controversy when Chubb got hurt. There were plenty of people up in arms saying that Fitzpatrick did it intentionally and that he was a ditry player. 
Reply/Quote
If the NFL bans hip drop tackles then the NFL might as well go full idiot and put weight limits in. Need to go youth football and go with putting stripes on helmets so that if you weigh more than X lbs you can’t carry the ball and more than Y lbs you are an O lineman restricted to 5 yards of the O line.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There was quite the controversy when Chubb got hurt. There were plenty of people up in arms saying that Fitzpatrick did it intentionally and that he was a ditry player. 

Chubb was wrapped up by 2 guys, going nowhere, and Minkah went full 200% speed right into his knees. Straight up launched.

Do I sound biased? Maybe. But I believe Fitzpatrick was looking to make an impact where it wasn’t necessary

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
If only the rest of the Bengals’ defense played with Logan Wilson’s intensity…
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh definitely escalated the situation by stating, "“It was definitely a hip-drop tackle. It is being discussed. It’s a tough tackle. Was it even necessary in that situation?”
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If only the rest of the Bengals’ defense played with Logan Wilson’s intensity…

that be great
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Harbaugh definitely escalated the situation by stating, "“It was definitely a hip-drop tackle. It is being discussed. It’s a tough tackle. Was it even necessary in that situation?”

if Offensive players dont want to be hip tackled they should go down immediately on contact.
Reply/Quote
'Defensive players from any team are supposed to ask the ball carrier to either 'please fall down' or ask 'where would you like me to try and tackle you so I don't get a flag thrown?' Seriously what part of a ball carriers body is considered a legal hit? I really don't know the specifics. No low hits to the legs? No high hits to head or neck area? No hip tackle? No helmet to helmet contact? Where are defenders allowed to hit a ball carrier?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if Offensive players dont want to be hip tackled they should go down immediately on contact.

It is the NFL players association that has been opposed to ending the hip-drop tackle, because it would make it hard on the defense to tackle opposing players. Mark Andrews is 6'5", 260 pounds. He would drag defenders for several yards trying to bring in down by methods that might work on a smaller player. 

Harbaugh is a real ass trying to paint Wilson as a dirty player. What a contrast with Zac Taylor, who said Burrow "fell" rather than blame the defender who tackled him.
Reply/Quote
Wilson has never come across as a dirty player. He plays hard and has never done anything intentional. Sure there may be plays that are perceived as a bit sus, but that is only because he is going 110% in a quite violent sport for 30 minutes a game perse.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:04 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: NFL is considering banning hip tackles.  If they do that then you might as well play flag football.  

Well the Chubb hit was scrutinized a ton and they're have been several rule changes I think were brought on by Steelers plays. But they have definitely had they're moments of getting passes.
Reply/Quote
The real narrative is that the NFL is rigged so multiple Ravens players and Burrow were injured so they can get one step closer to Taylor Swift raising the Lombardi.  That's a zillion dollar situation, and we all know how making money is always the right choice. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The real narrative is that the NFL is rigged so multiple Ravens players and Burrow were injured so they can get one step closer to Taylor Swift raising the Lombardi.  That's a zillion dollar situation, and we all know how making money is always the right choice. 

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or just witty, but it would be a dream scenario for the NFL to have Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. Bring in a lot of new fans and attention.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:47 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't know if you are being sarcastic or just witty, but it would be a dream scenario for the NFL to have Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. Bring in a lot of new fans and attention.

It started out as a joke, but as I typed it I realized that it's got to be a completely orgasmic idea for the NFL to have this happen.  
Reply/Quote