Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Logan Wilson getting attacked
“What is he supposed to do? Cuddle the quarterback to the ground?”

- Marvin Lewis, reacting to a bogus personal foul call on Justin Smith
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: They would have to ban roll tackles because that is where the whole "hip-drop tackle" thing comes from. The roll tackle was developed to protect the head of the defender and the knees and ankles of the ball carrier.

People think the this tackle causes alot of ankles injuries well they are going to go back to chopping people knees and feet at full speed see how many ankle injuries happen then lol. 

Yeah, it would just lead to more problems. The entire thing is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what's the Defense suppose to do use harsh language?

Huff and puff and blow them down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Tom Brady's comment, which is relevant to this discussion of Logan Wilson, may also include a shot at Harbaugh on what he had complained about Logan's tackle (I bolded that part):

"I look at a lot of players like Ray Lewis and Rodney Harrison and Ronnie Lott and guys that impacted the game in a certain way -- and every hit they would have made would have been a penalty [today]," Brady said. "You hear coaches complaining about their own player being tackled and not necessarily -- why don't they talk to their player about how to protect himself? ... We used to work on the fundamentals of those things all the time. Now they're trying to be regulated all the time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38951659/tom-brady-bemoans-nfl-play-says-there-lot-mediocrity
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think Tom Brady's comment, which is relevant to this discussion of Logan Wilson, may also include a shot at Harbaugh on what he had complained about Logan's tackle (I bolded that part):

"I look at a lot of players like Ray Lewis and Rodney Harrison and Ronnie Lott and guys that impacted the game in a certain way -- and every hit they would have made would have been a penalty [today]," Brady said. "You hear coaches complaining about their own player being tackled and not necessarily -- why don't they talk to their player about how to protect himself? ... We used to work on the fundamentals of those things all the time. Now they're trying to be regulated all the time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38951659/tom-brady-bemoans-nfl-play-says-there-lot-mediocrity

Spot on Tom, spot on. Mellow
Reply/Quote
These national media outlets often make the most sensational claims just to get attention. Herbstreit is usually a college guy, right? He probably knows little about the Bengals and just remembers Burfict.

The Ravens (mainly Harbaugh) are always going to run their mouths. They follow the old "Steeler way" of playing and talking dirty to get an edge.
Playing dirty doesn't fly much these days, so they flap their gums.

They know the media will mostly side with them. Then the ball is in the Bengals' court. How do our players respond? Do they get flustered when we play them again? Lose their cool? That's what teams like the Ravens and Steelers look for.

This is also good for motivating their guys for division games.

I've never heard anything about Wilson being dirty prior to this week. This is a nothing burger.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote