Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson possibly done for season
(12-09-2021, 09:05 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Help me understand why we didn’t get Cunningham for 275k for remainder of the year. At least that’s what titans will pay.

I’m at a loss.

Cause we've got that Austin dude from the PS. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:11 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: So Kelce is 6’9” and 305?  Or, basically John Ogden?

Might want to recheck your math there, chief.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......maybe we can get Vinnie Ray to step in from the chaplain job he has.

Or, I'm sure Burfict has some gas left in the tank!

[Image: ArtisticSpectacularAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 09:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I thought the same thing. So I rewatched it to see if he contacted a blocker before he fell. But no one was around him I think he just got juked enough by the returner that he lost his balance and fell forward. I think he might've done it just catching his arm under him awkwardly when he fell.

Ah, that's a good point. I hadn't considered that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 02:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Or, I'm sure Burfict has some gas left in the tank!

[Image: ArtisticSpectacularAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif]

Goodell would have a coronary....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: Goodell would have a coronary....lol

Vontaze and Odell.  Two dudes that wasted amazing ability and potential HOF status one day.  Just...*poof*.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Vontaze and Odell.  Two dudes that wasted amazing ability and potential HOF status one day.  Just...*poof*.

Vontaze drew so much attention that it seemed like he was a big star for a few years.  But we really only got ONE great year from him. 2013 league leading 171 tackles, 9 TFL, 5 QB hits, 6 PD, 1 int, Fumble recovery td.  And it was no coincidence that our defense ranked 3rd in yards and 5th in points that year.  Burfict not only played at an elite level he also made sure that the defense was properly aligned and adjustments made when needed.

That was just his second season and he had not yet missed a single game.  He was on track to be one of the truly great players in the league.  But he only played 47 more games over six seasons.  Never more than 11 in any year.  

Not counting the guys on the team right now I think the Bengals have only had 5 real "elite" players over the last decade (Atkins, Whitworth, Green, Eifert, Burfict).  We only got ONE really great season from 2 of the 5.  I don't believe in curses, but we do have some damn bad luck.  It goes all the way back to Icky Woods.

Reply/Quote
Who the heck is this guy?

“With Wilson likely out, the Bengals have announced the signing of linebacker Austin Calitro off the practice squad to the active roster. Calitro has played in three games this season as a practice squad elevation. He has one tackle on special teams.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/12/27/22855942/joe-burrow-news-bengals-qb-covid-19-list-dj-reader-logan-wilson
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:12 AM)Whacked Wrote: Who the heck is this guy?

“With Wilson likely out, the Bengals have announced the signing of linebacker Austin Calitro off the practice squad to the active roster. Calitro has played in three games this season as a practice squad elevation. He has one tackle on special teams.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2021/12/27/22855942/joe-burrow-news-bengals-qb-covid-19-list-dj-reader-logan-wilson

Played college ball at Villanova.....

Quote:Calitro joined Cincinnati on waivers in April, and adds a history of production on both defense and special teams ... Originally a college free agent signee of the N.Y. Jets in 2017, and later spent time with the 49ers, Seahawks, Browns and Jaguars ... Has played in 29 career games (nine starts), and has 79 tackles, 1.5 sacks and two PDs ... Also has six career tackles on special teams ... Spent 2019 preseason with Seattle, and then joined Jacksonville on waivers after final cuts; spent majority of season as a reserve LB for the Jaguars, before taking over starting WLB role for final three games.
Reply/Quote