Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Ross is playing this week
(10-26-2017, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Particularly, since Dalton has been known to sail balls high over a WR who is 5 inches taller than him.

Erickson isn't much taller than Ross and he seems to throw it to him fine? Why would you want to throw it to a tall receiver down low where smaller DBs can get a hand on it?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's great, like I said I am not knocking him. But so far all I've seen him do is his one fumble. When I look at who is fast and can separate, I look at what I see when I watch them play. Erickson, to me, looks like the fastest player on the field. Now granted Ross has not been out there, and I agree, will be a huge jump in speed over LaFell, and I hope he comes on strong.

I know you weren't knocking him......I was kinda hinting at playing BOTH.....as I noted in an earlier post.  I most certainly like #12 on the field as well. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Erickson isn't much taller than Ross and he seems to throw it to him fine? Why would you want to throw it to a tall receiver down low where smaller DBs can get a hand on it?

I was going to put a sarcasm ninja by that, I swear!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I know you weren't knocking him......I was kinda hinting at playing BOTH.....as I noted in an earlier post.  I most certainly like #12 on the field as well. :andy:

They don't even play the same position so wanting 12 on the field as the same time as Ross isn't detrimental to either so I don't get this whole thing going on here lol. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They don't even play the same position so wanting 12 on the field as the same time as Ross isn't detrimental to either so I don't get this whole thing going on here lol. 

Yeah, as I noted in the post you quoted me.....12 in the slot, Ross out wide.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, as I noted in the post you quoted me.....12 in the slot, Ross out wide.

Yeah Im trying to catch up in the whole convo and the dots aren't connecting for me. lol

Bengals best formations would be 

Ross Erickson Kroft Green

Mixon/Gio

or 

Ross Erickson Green
Gio Mixon

with the ability to flex one into the slot for a mismatch. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah Im trying to catch up in the whole convo and the dots aren't connecting for me. lol

Mixon/Gio

or 

Ross Erickson Green
Gio Mixon

Sounds great to me, and some formations like the bolded would get Gio more involved in the passing game, which we really need to do.

Get our best players on the field and give them some flexibility. Both Mixon and Gio are good receivers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....which is why you roll Ross out as WR2, playe Erickson in the slot, start WJIII at CB, and let Pacman handle return duties.  Seems pretty simple to me....but what do I know?

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds great to me, and some formations like the bolded would get Gio more involved in the passing game, which we really need to do.

Get our best players on the field and give them some flexibility. Both Mixon and Gio are good receivers.

Yep. 

Shouldn't be too difficult  but here we are
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah Im trying to catch up in the whole convo and the dots aren't connecting for me. lol

Mixon/Gio

or 

Ross Erickson Green
Gio Mixon

Love it......especially the last one.

Reply/Quote
Excited to see the kid play even if I was pissed we did not draft trench help first.

Still like the kid and hope he kills it in league.

To be honest the reverse did not bother me as much as most. It was successful in gaining about 11 yards it seems. If not for the fumble of course.

But what did bother me was hardly playing him afterwards and not passing to him at all.

In my book you find a way to get him involved after that so it does not become mental like the Chiefs did with Hunt.

Hope Ross is our missing link, other than OL of course.

If he is this will be a nice draft class. Even if not what we needed to win now.t

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
hopefully goes better than his first game
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They don't even play the same position so wanting 12 on the field as the same time as Ross isn't detrimental to either so I don't get this whole thing going on here lol. 

I think it started because I was hacking on Hobson for saying we need to get all these other guys that don't have catches chances too. I'd be delighted to see Green, Ross, and Erickson on the field at the same time....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to put a sarcasm ninja by that, I swear!!!!

There is an edit button, you know.

Ninja

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think it started because I was hacking on Hobson for saying we need to get all these other guys that don't have catches chances too. I'd be delighted to see Green, Ross, and Erickson on the field at the same time....

Hobson is nearing troll level. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There is an edit button, you know.

Ninja

[Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]

Mellow

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see Ross and hope he's more involved than just a few sweep plays.
I look to the opposite side of Sunday's game to see what John Ross could be - T.Y. Hilton with even faster speed. He's just as shifty, as good of a route runner, and great YAC (at least based on college tape).
Hilton is only 5'9" and 178 lbs but has put up 1000+ yards every year except his rookie year (861 that year) and is on pace for over 1000 yards again this year. He also led the league in yardage last year at 1448 yards. If Ross can stay mostly healthy going forward, I think he could be more productive than T.Y. over their careers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There is an edit button, you know.

Ninja

Ninja

Ninja

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:57 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Apparently they are going to mix it up with him this time around. Instead of doing the reverse from right to left, they will try it left to right.

This is first game Ross plays with Laser as the OC so I say stop the snarly comments and see if Ross is used in a more productive way and can stay healthy. Players get hurt, talented players get hurt. My hope is he turns into a faster Antonio Brown
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 04:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is first game Ross plays with Laser as the OC so I say stop the snarly comments and see if Ross is used in a more productive way and can stay healthy. Players get hurt, talented players get hurt. My hope is he turns into a faster Antonio Brown

And maybe like 1/4 the diva Brown is, too. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote