Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Vigil, Gilberry and Dennard will get more playing time
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Defensive-changes-stir/ffe8256a-25f5-47a3-bd48-8b4ddfd95254

Dennard over Shaw surprises me most.

Vigil seems to have skills Ray M lacks.

Gilberry mixed in with Michael Johnson and Clarke.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think I hate Hobson's writing style. So hard to comprehend.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I mean honestly, that is one of the poorest written articles I have ever read.

"In his third season of playing sparingly since he was taken in the 2014 first round, Dennard is more than ready after first playing behind starters and then last Nov. 22 blowing out his shoulder to end his season. Barely had he got back this past training camp when he hurt his ankle, an injury Dennard says has been cleared up now for about a month and he’s poised."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Defensive-changes-stir/ffe8256a-25f5-47a3-bd48-8b4ddfd95254

Thoughts?

Dennard over Shaw is stupid. Shaw is a better slot CB and Dennard in better in the perimeter. Also, Shaw has actualy done well. Sure, some mistakes here and there, but overall has been good.

Was never big on Vigil, but it may be time to move on from Maualuga. He has been struggling big time this year. So I'm cool with it.

Meh. Gilberry has done virtually nothing the past 2 years and I don't see this doing anything other than adding another body to our struggling pass rush.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Defensive-changes-stir/ffe8256a-25f5-47a3-bd48-8b4ddfd95254

Thoughts?
More Dennard?  are we declaring the season over?  I understand getting him more reps but he hasn't done that well with the ones he has.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean honestly, that is one of the poorest written articles I have ever read.

"In his third season of playing sparingly since he was taken in the 2014 first round, Dennard is more than ready after first playing behind starters and then last Nov. 22 blowing out his shoulder to end his season. Barely had he got back this past training camp when he hurt his ankle, an injury Dennard says has been cleared up now for about a month and he’s poised."

As an aspiring editor, this hurts me.

That's something a high school student writes the night before his paper is due.

Reply/Quote
The biggest change I WISH they would make is allowing Fisher to take more snaps. Especially if Ogubehi is struggling. Sure. We know what we have in Winston, and he's actually done pretty well in his limited snaps. But Fisher is our supposed future RT

Reply/Quote
Gilberry should get the majority of his snaps at DT, Virgil meh I would play him very little if anything move shawn Williams to OLB with Vincent Rey playing middle, and agreed that Shaw shouldn't be benched but maybe Kirkpatrick or Pacman should to let Dennard in.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't have a problem with them wanting to see if Dennard can offer us anything. I do have a problem with them doing it at the expense of Shaw.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Whose Fisher?

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Gilberry should get the majority of his snaps at DT, Virgil meh I would play him very little if anything move shawn Williams to OLB with Vincent Rey playing middle, and agreed that Shaw shouldn't be benched but maybe Kirkpatrick or Pacman should to let Dennard in.

If they should bench someone in place of Dennard, it should be Pacman. Kirkpatrick has actually done a good job this year outside of ticky-tacky penalties. But Pacman has done them as well and given up big plays this year.

I think we're seeing the end of Pacman, sadly.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean honestly, that is one of the poorest written articles I have ever read.

That is painful to read
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

Skills like moving sideline-to-sideline? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So, with Dennard, are you saying there is politics or another reason why him over Shaw? Gotta believe since we are only privy to a small part of what the coaches are privy to, that if the practices and tapes don't show them what they are stating, it has to be politics playing the role in Dennard over Shaw.

I know some of the coaches in here will bash the coaches saying they are unqualified and such, but again, these are some of the same guys that whenever a player has a bad game they are screaming to trade them.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If they should bench someone in place of Dennard, it should be Pacman. Kirkpatrick has actually done a good job this year outside of ticky-tacky penalties. But Pacman has done them as well and given up big plays this year.

I think we're seeing the end of Pacman, sadly.

My sentiments exactly.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but gotta believe that Hobson is just assuming here.  I'll wait to hear word from practice tomorrow before I take it as gospel that Dennard is starting over Shaw.

I could be way, way, way off base but I really believe that Dennard will be stealing snaps away from Pacman. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: As an aspiring editor, this hurts me.

That's something a high school student writes the night before his paper is due.

Oh, get ready. If that's the path you're looking to take, "Barely had he got back" is practically Bill Shakespeare. 
Reply/Quote
While I can certainly understand wanting to get your much lauded, yet injury daunted, 1st round CB on the field and really see what he can do; I cannot understand the attempt of cramming a square peg into a round hole, as Dennard was outstanding as a boundary CB in College. He specializes in the hand fighting, using the sideline, and other positional savvy nuances to craft his trade. Meanwhile, Shaw has better raw athleticism, mirroring skills and top end speed to handle the rigors of Slot CB.

Puzzling...

But that's likely why I watch games, and those guys get paid to coach pro athletes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thank God they are benching Maualuga. He hadn't done a damn thing in 5 years. What a waste.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Gilberry should get the majority of his snaps at DT, Virgil meh I would play him very little if anything move shawn Williams to OLB with Vincent Rey playing middle, and agreed that Shaw shouldn't be benched but maybe Kirkpatrick or Pacman should to let Dennard in.

How many times do they have to put Vinney in the middle and have him stink the place up for you to realize he is not a good middle linebacker???
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 07:19 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Thank God they are benching Maualuga.  He hadn't done a damn thing in 5 years.  What a waste.

Has this been announced?  I may have missed this.  
Reply/Quote