Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait.
Lafell took over 850 (860) snaps in 2017.

Boyd - 307.

Malone - 247.

Erickson - 185.

Core - 65.

Surprised people aren't wanting to see more of what our young wideouts can do instead of writing them off as not having "beat" out Lafell with their limited opportunities (even for a team out of the race). Then act shocked when we have an all pro like WJIII sitting the bench who we wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for an injury to an aging vet at the position. .

But okay. Enjoy those bubble screens to Lafell for 3 yards.

Nothing personal against Lafell, but we are "rebuilding" or have been for the last 2 years. I think we've invested in wide receivers enough to finally see what we have. Especially for those expecting or wanting us to draft a couple more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 10:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Lafell took over 850 (860) snaps in 2017.

Boyd - 307.

Malone - 247.

Erickson - 185.

Core - 65.

Surprised people aren't wanting to see more of what our young wideouts can do instead of writing them off as not having "beat" out Lafell with their limited opportunities (even for a team out of the race). Then act shocked when we have an all pro like WJIII sitting the bench who we wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for an injury to an aging vet at the position. .

Nothing personal against Lafell, but we are "rebuilding" or have been for the last 2 years. I think we've invested in wide receivers enough to finally see what we have. Especially for those expecting or wanting us to draft a couple more.

You act like LaFell being here keeps those guys from getting their snaps, and no one can see what they can do. They have their snaps, they just do nothing with them. Erickson is the most consistent of the bunch, and everyone wants him cut too. You don't make the team or take the starting spot by getting the most chances, you do that by making the most of the chances you get.
Reply/Quote

Boyd - 307.

Malone - 247.

Erickson - 185.

Core - 65.

But okay. Enjoy those bubble screens to Lafell.

And all the snaps last year, pre seasons, and practices. Wouldnt you rather see a WR do something to earn a spot than just give it to them?

You mention Adam Jones and William Jackson and it's a perfect example. Jones had been the best corner on the Bengals roster for alot of seasons of course he was going to play. After Jones was hurt WJIII earned that corner spot by using his opportunity and playing great now they can move on from the older and more expensive Jones.

Even though Boyd, Core, Erickson, and Malone got opportunities none of them have earned Lafell's spot....yet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jones had been on the decline yet still WJIII didn't get his shot until injury. It's the perfect example, but not because of your spin. You need game reps to prove your worth. That's my point. Give Boyd 860 snaps and who thinks he can't get the 548 yards Lafell got on 52 receptions in 2017? I'll wait........

Hell I might get the 548 yards Lafell got with 860 snaps. You guys act like Lafell is a key piece to the offense. Irreplaceable. I disagree. Completely. And peoples answer is to keep drafting Wideouts?

I personally don't see the love fest. But clearly there's something about those shovel passes and reverses to Lafell you guys are attached to. Or maybe it's his 3Td's average a year. Boyd, Malone, and Erickson got close to that with their limited snaps.

Lafell doesn't require our unconditional loyalty. He isn't a drafted homegrown talent. He hasn't earned the loyalty you guys are giving him. Not sure where all this is coming from.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Typical Fred.  Your hands are dyed red from all your cherry picking.  

Yes, Crabtree had 58 catches for 618 yards and 8 TDs last year, in 14 games.  Crabtree also missed a game against the Broncos because of a bruised lung in week 4.  Up to that point, he had 13 receptions in the first three games for 170 yards and 3 TDs.  (projections simply rounded to 15 games:  65 receptions, 850 yards, 15 TDs.  

How silly of me to "cherry pick" and look at the entire season.  Obviously it is much more accurate to look at 3 games where he averaged 57 yards than the other 13 where he averaged 34.

Rolleyes

(03-19-2018, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He also had 89 receptions for 1003 yards and 8 TDs the year before. 

WOW!  That is a whole 141 more yards than Lafell had the same years.!!  What a deal for twice the price!!

And lets just ignore that Crabtree averaged over 2 yards less per catch (11.3) than LaFell (13.5).

Crabtree is clearly worth twice as much as LaFell because you have heard his name before and think he is still good.

Reply/Quote
In 2016 Boyd as a rookie got 603 yards on 54 receptions with far less snaps. So who earned what again?

And how did that help him in 2017 by those claiming our wideouts are bums because they can't beat out Lafell on a team we all know favors it's paid vets over young players?

Reply/Quote

Boyd - 307.

Malone - 247.

Erickson - 185.

Core - 65.

Meh, if I wanted to see youth just tossed on the field for the hell of it I'd be a Browns fan.
Reply/Quote
Fine. And when they get their shot like Dennard who was finally able to show his worth with more snaps, after sitting behind beloved vets, don't be desperate to hold onto them (again like folks are with Dennard).

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 11:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: Fine. And when they get their shot like Dennard who was finally able to show his worth with more snaps, don't be desperate to hold onto them (again like folks are with Dennard).

Wasn't Dennard, much like Ross, a fine combination of injured and inexperienced while he was being wasted behind a veteran? 
Reply/Quote
Sure if you say the same about WJIII who was placed on IR even tho he was healthy in favor of Peerman his rookie year.

How injury prone was Dennard? He plays pretty physical (extremely physical) and suddenly when we needed him he wasn't shut down so quick.

Billings was quick to be shut down for a MCL sprain. An injury players typically return from and in some cases play with. He was "injured" in July if he made it to camp, I can't remember. I don't remember seeing him in pads, just remember reports he was getting pushed around by 3rd string. They may have shut him down after mandatory minicamps in June.

Ross practiced most of the year even though he was "injured".

Ask McCarron and the judge who ruled in favor of him how the Bengals handle "injuries" to players they want benched in favor of Vets.

Some of these "injuries" are just excuses to sit young players.

Either way I'm not as sold as everyone else that none of these wideouts can get 548 yards with 860 snaps. I still believe in them. Didn't realize so many didn't anymore.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 10:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hell I might get the 548 yards Lafell got with 860 snaps.

You guys act like Lafell is a key piece to the offense. Irreplaceable.

I personally don't see the love fest. But clearly there's something about those shovel passes and reverses to Lafell you guys are attached to.

Lafell doesn't require our unconditional loyalty.

(03-19-2018, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: I still believe in them. Didn't realize so many didn't anymore.

It is comments like this that destroy your credibility.

Not one person here is claiming LaFell is a key piece of our offense that is irreplaceable.  No one heer has lost faith in our young receivers.

You just make stuff up to argue with yourself.

Brandon LaFell is no Pro Bowl WR, but he has started for 3 different teams and is still healthy.

Since he came into the league in 2010 he has 394 receptions, averaged 13.4 yards per catch, and has 29 receiving tds.  Only 13 other WRs in the league have accomplished all of that.  He is not garbage.

Everyone here would be happy to see one of our young WRs play good enough to unseat LaFell.  So why do you have top pretend no one is saying that?  Are you really more interested in making a big show by arguing with yourself instead of having a legitimate conversation?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sure if you say the same about WJIII who was placed on IR even tho he was healthy in favor of Peerman his rookie year.

How injury prone was Dennard? He plays pretty physical (extremely physical) and suddenly when we needed him he wasn't shut down so quick.

Billings was quick to be shut down for a MCL sprain. An injury players typically return from and in some cases play with. He was "injured" in July if he made it to camp, I can't remember. I don't remember seeing him in pads, just remember reports he was getting pushed around by 3rd string. They may have shut him down after mandatory minicamps in June.

Ross practiced most of the year even though he was "injured".

Ask McCarron and the judge who ruled in favor of him how the Bengals handle "injuries" to players they want benched in favor of Vets.

Some of these "injuries" are just excuses to sit young players.

Either way I'm not as sold as everyone else that none of these wideouts can get 548 yards with 860 snaps. I still believe in them. Didn't realize so many didn't anymore.

I still have hope for Boyd, Ross, and Malone. But that's partially because if I really like the players leading up to the draft, I typically keep the faith through their first three years.
I also think Boyd can get 548 because he got 603 his rookie year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is comments like this that destroy your credibility.

Not one person here is claiming LaFell is a key piece of our offense that is irreplaceable.  No one heer has lost faith in our young receivers.

You just make stuff up to argue with yourself.

Brandon LaFell is no Pro Bowl WR, but he has started for 3 different teams and is still healthy.

Since he came into the league in 2010 he has 394 receptions, averaged 13.4 yards per catch, and has 29 receiving tds.  Only 13 other WRs in the league have accomplished all of that.  He is not garbage.

Everyone here would be happy to see one of our young WRs play good enough to unseat LaFell.  So why do you have top pretend no one is saying that?  Are you really more interested in making a big show by arguing with yourself instead of having a legitimate conversation?

I don't care about no credibility on a message board. I'm not here to gain any favor, or judge anyone's opinion as credible or not. I say what's on my mind speak my opinion and leave it at that. Where were you during the rest of the argument? Waiting for me to say something you disapproved of so you can pounce on it?

I don't have to prove myself to someone who's been banned before. You need credibility to judge credibility, and I won't be shamed by someone who has to get their account unlocked to give their opinion. At least I got that going for me.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't care about no credibility on a message board. I'm not here to gain any favor. I say what's on my mind speak my opinion and leave it at that.

Actually you don't "leave it at that".  If this were true you would respond to what people actually say instead of making stuff up in a desperate attempt to give your argument some legitimacy.

No one here thinks LaFell is a key piece of our offense that is irreplaceable.  No one has lost faith in our young WRs.  If you can not accept that then just "leave it at that".
Reply/Quote
I started this thread. You saying I don't have the right to comment in it? However I choose? Sorry Fred. In terms you may understand a little better.....

Your case is dismissed.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: You saying I don't have the right to comment in it? However I choose?

You have the right to comment.  But you don't have the right to make believe and claim people are saying things they are not.  And if you keep doing it I will keep pointing it out, but for now I am finished with this thread until someone goes back to talking about Lafell.
Reply/Quote
Then skedaddle. You the one judging folks credibility. I was talking about Lafell.

Reply/Quote
LaFell is not irreplaceable, you just have to have someone to replace him with. No one currently on the roster has shown they can outperform him. It's really not that hard. You can't cut someone until you have someone better......
Reply/Quote
Cody Core is going to have to have a MONSTROUS camp & preseason to even make this team.
I like the kid as much as any of us, but his best hope is that the team re-signs Adam Jones. Otherwise, Erickson is definitely going to be on the roster. That means they will probably draft another WR to compete as a PR/KR.

We're looking at AJ,BL,Malone,Ross,Boyd, and Erickson barring injury. Perhaps, Ross can be used as a return guy? I still think they draft at least one rookie, and that's not counting UDFA signings.

Core is gonna have to ball out in order to make the cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Well if Core has not broke out yet he probably will not.

Know he is loved around here but not sure he will be around much longer unless he steps up this year.

Boyd will still get his I believe and hopefully Malone emerges this year to make LaFell expendable in future.

See no real problem here actually.

Tab Perry
Bennie Brazell
Mario Urrutia
Freddie Brown
Dezmon Briscoe
Ryan Whalen
Cobi Hamilton
James Wright
Mario Alford
Cody Core

It seems almost every year this team takes a WR in the 6th or 7th round, and that WR get way overhyped on here. It's basically a Bengals Board tradition. 

I personally would've cut LaFell and looked for a vet #2 with better wheels for a similar price, but I'd rather keep LaFell than have zero veteran options.

Ross and Malone are big question marks and Core is a bottom of the roster type. I still have major hope for Ross though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote