Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like whit is coming back
(03-07-2017, 08:07 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The only people that I ever tend to hear or see say anything positive about Paul Alexander are Fred and the Bengals front office.

Just last year Sports Illustrated chose him as the best O-line coach in the league.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/06/07/best-nfl-coaches-paul-alexander-bengals

And a year before that in November of 2015 Paul Alexander got his own feature article in Sports Illustrated entitled "Lay it on the Line".

http://www.si.com/vault/2016/02/11/lay-it-line

Here are some quotes from that.

..."Since 2007, when the stat was first kept, the Bengals rank first in PFF's pass-blocking-efficiency statistic ("a rating that reflects the most efficient pass blockers on a per-pass-blocking snap basis") at 84.1%. The league average is 79.5%. And Cincinnati has been remarkably consistent year to year, ranking outside the top six of that stat just once."

..."there's Alexander's invention, the Rogers Lev Sled, a more complicated blocking sled with pads that can be lifted, which helps players develop the proper technique of driving with their hips. It's now the norm on practice fields."

..."Hue Jackson, Cincinnati's offensive coordinator and former running backs coach. 'When I was made coordinator [in 2014], we spent some time going over all the ways he taught things. Sitting there with him, it made me realize how good he was. How he teaches, the different props and tools he uses—it's different. But the results are outstanding'."

And finally Paul is a regular featured speaker at the renowned Coaches Of Offensive Linemen (COOL) Clinic and college players and coaches from all across the country pay good money to attend Paul's Midwest Linemen Camp in Illinois. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Prepare for the one article in 25 years....lol.

Actually two.

Now prepare for zero articles from any experts claiming Paul Alexander is garbage.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just last year Sports Illustrated chose him as the best O-line coach in the league.

And a year before that in November of 2015 Paul Alexander got his own feature article in Sports Illustrated entitled "Lay it on the Line".

..."Since 2007, when the stat was first kept, the Bengals rank first in PFF's pass-blocking-efficiency statistic ("a rating that reflects the most efficient pass blockers on a per-pass-blocking snap basis") at 84.1%. The league average is 79.5%. And Cincinnati has been remarkably consistent year to year, ranking outside the top six of that stat just once."

..."there's Alexander's invention, the Rogers Lev Sled, a more complicated blocking sled with pads that can be lifted, which helps players develop the proper technique of driving with their hips. It's now the norm on practice fields."

..."Hue Jackson, Cincinnati's offensive coordinator and former running backs coach. 'When I was made coordinator [in 2014], we spent some time going over all the ways he taught things. Sitting there with him, it made me realize how good he was. How he teaches, the different props and tools he uses—it's different. But the results are outstanding'."

And finally Paul is a regular featured speaker at the renowned Coaches Of Offensive Linemen (COOL) Clinic and college players and coaches from all across the country pay good money to attend Paul's Midwest Linemen Camp in Illinois. 

watch using facts.. it might confuse those that don;t like them...  Rock On
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: watch using facts.. it might confuse those that don;t like them...  Rock On

Like the fact that our coaching staff talks about how we're a run first team being in the AFCN, but we're usually around 20th or lower in yards per carry with our running game? I think some of that would have to fall at the feet of our illustrious OLine Coach.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually two.

Now prepare for zero articles from any experts claiming Paul Alexander is garbage.

Nope. One.  The other is more about the COOL clinic...Mudd...McNally and others.  Also...quit spreading crap about a "featured speaker".  He's there because he's with the Bengals and replaced the man who started the whole thing and the clinic is in Cincy.  I showed links from the COOL website that plainly showed the featured speakers were from other teams....colleges...and high schools.  Also....those are opinion pieces. ....one by the embattled Greg Bedard.

The fact that Dalton chucks it out in around 2seconds flat grossly effects those pass pro numbers. Don't believe me? See McCarron...AJ.

There are your facts Essex.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 11:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Like the fact that our coaching staff talks about how we're a run first team being in the AFCN, but we're usually around 20th or lower in yards per carry with our running game? I think some of that would have to fall at the feet of our illustrious OLine Coach.

Or the fact that Andy ran for his life for a whole season. 
Or the fact that his two hand picked guys both suck ass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:39 AM)McC Wrote: Or the fact that Andy ran for his life for a whole season. 
Or the fact that his two hand picked guys both suck ass.

Yup.  Reminds me of the time I read where a guy had posted numerous links to analysts projecting Clint Boling as high as a low second or early third rounder when some other guy pointed to Clint's success as proof that the maestro could coach up late round talent.  The former was told by the latter that "32 NFL teams disagreed".  Well, 31 other NFL teams disagree with the lone analyst touting Piano Man when they don't come calling for his services, and they've all won a playoff game since Bush 1 was president.  For a quarter century. Mellow  What baffles me, is that the best organization in football wanted to replace their o line coach after 2015.  Instead of making a push for our vaunted coach, they brought their old one out of retirement. Hmm 

Reply/Quote
Apparently the Bengals are playing dirty with Andrew Whitworth....

- - - - - - - - - -
" Jay Glazer‏Verified account @JayGlazer

Whitworth also got lot of play but cincy smartly tried to convince teams at combine it was in stone he was back. Whit tried to insist not so"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Apparently the Bengals are playing dirty with Andrew Whitworth....

- - - - - - - - - -

Whitworth also got lot of play but cincy smartly tried to convince teams at combine it was in stone he was back. Whit tried to insist not so"

Not surprising. Have to resort to bs like that when your personnel dept is stretched thinner than the geriatric skin running the show.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Apparently the Bengals are playing dirty with Andrew Whitworth....

- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah.  Piss him off.  That's the way to play it.  The rest of the team is watching this, you know, ya boobs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Lol try to kill interest in his services to protect yourselves from paying market value???

Slippery slope guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 04:35 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Lol try to kill interest in his services to protect yourselves from paying market value???

Slippery slope guys.

Allow me to suggest an alternate term--sorry bullshit.  If this is true and I'm Whit, wild horses wouldn't bring me back now.

Reply/Quote
If I were Andrew Whitworth, I would've already made my plans to bail when I heard the team was limiting their $43m cap space to $15m. Obviously winning now is not the top of the priority list. Now we're hearing they were trying to screw him over by telling other teams it was a done deal he's coming back? If I were him, I'd run as fast as I possibly could to a competent team and contender.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 09:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just last year Sports Illustrated chose him as the best O-line coach in the league.

The same SI contributed claimed the "Jags' O should rule the air for years to come" less than a month after writing about Alexander. The Jags' O finished 20th in passing, 22nd in rushing. They didn't rule anything. 
Reply/Quote
Looks can be deceiving.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Looks can be deceiving.

Ya Got that right! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 04:38 PM)McC Wrote: Allow me to suggest an alternate term--sorry bullshit.  If this is true and I'm Whit, wild horses wouldn't bring me back now.

Have to wonder if Dehner was in on the Shenanigans, too.  Maybe he helped spread the rumor for the front office.  The beat writers around here may not quite be Hobson, but they certainly carry a good amount of water for the family when they are asked critical questions by disgruntled fans.  They probably don't want to piss anyone off that would limit their access.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The same SI contributed claimed the "Jags' O should rule the air for years to come" less than a month after writing about Alexander. The Jags' O finished 20th in passing, 22nd in rushing. They didn't rule anything. 

Yeah.....that writer is garbage...just like PA and this SHIT FO.

Reply/Quote