Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
Every friggin loss we experience by the Steelers is the worst loss in history. Even if it doesn't count!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bill Walsh! Whether it be for his ability as a coach and motivator and what this team could have been under his leadership, or the fact that Paul Brown did him dirty and that cursed the Bengals in their 2 losses to the Niners in the Super Bowls (many have chosen either or both of these as the worst loss). I feel the Bengals would definitely have some SB rings and Lombardi Trophies on display at PBS...
Reply/Quote
I was really young in the 89 Super Bowl. For me the 2005 loss hurts the most. I really don't care to talk about it.
Reply/Quote
The SB's hurt but at least it was the SB and we had mega Bengals parties all the way through.

Every steeler loss of course.

But the last playoff loss to the steelers that was nearly impossible to lose hurt the most to me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The most hurt moment was when Carson was hurt right in front of my seats as 2 steeler fans toasted it beside me.

To all I had not to get a charge for punching one of those a-holes.

The stadium went totally silent immediately as all gazed on in complete shock.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 12:06 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Also the Leon Hall pushing the ball up in the air to the Denver receiver ( Decker?) a few years ago.

It was brandon stokley. That was a horrible game, I was at it an stayed till the last second. Visiting Denver fans had left the stadium. Neither team could score in that contest, I believe Kyle Orton was the bears QB at the time. Just an all around crappy game. Only positive, is that I walked away thinking Cedric Benson could get the job done. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 12:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing will ever hurt as bad as losing the Super Bowl in the last minutes to San Francisco.....twice.

Yeah, this ^.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:35 PM)Bengalmaniac Wrote: Bill Walsh! Whether it be for his ability as a coach and motivator and what this team could have been under his leadership, or the fact that Paul Brown did him dirty and that cursed the Bengals in their 2 losses to the Niners in the Super Bowls (many have chosen either or both of these as the worst loss). I feel the Bengals would definitely have some SB rings and Lombardi Trophies on display at PBS...

This is a really excellent post :andy:
Reply/Quote