Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou is staying!!!! Cardinals choose Gannon
(02-14-2023, 07:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What makes these other coaches seem intelligent to you but not Bienemy? 

You’re racebaiting but people who dispute Bienemy aren’t disputing other black head coaches

Bienemy, to me, is just a guy who relays whatever Reid tells him.

Reid is the genius. Reid calls the shots.
Reply/Quote
Lou was shafted and deserved to be hired and was clearly the best choice.

That being said GarfieldWhoDey2HappyDancingWho Dey Hell Yes !!!!

Big mistake that I see as a victory for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Rape allegations + everyone knows Reid controls the offense

it's why Bienemy is being allowed to interview for a "lateral position". Go to a team with a defensive-minded HC and prove himself. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What makes these other coaches seem intelligent to you but not Bienemy? 

Most likely because all they know is coaching. EB is a former player at a position that really doesn't require a lot of smarts. 

There's just a sense about these new analytics guys...

Where you thinking something else? 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely because all they know is coaching. EB is a former player at a position that really doesn't require a lot of smarts. 

There's just a sense about these new analytics guys...

Where you thinking something else? 

Nah, I wasn't. I'm not sure I could tell you I have watched an interview with any of these guys aside from maybe McDaniel. It was just a very specific observation so I was curious where he was getting it. 
Reply/Quote

Well I know someone who coached with him. He only said he doesn’t interview well. He’s had a lot of interviews. He’s extremely likable. I’ve.
not seen that on his press interviews. I find it a head scratcher.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
As others stated, great news for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's good to hear. I'll find out in about 5 weeks. 

A year behind but must be pretty close on birthdays. Ides for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t want anything to do with AZ right now. Who wants Murray? If I’m not mistaken he demanded he have a higher contract than Watson, and I don’t know that he’s in the top ten. But I guess maybe Lou could be running out of chances.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I know someone who coached with him. He only said he doesn’t interview well. He’s had a lot of interviews. He’s extremely likable. I’ve.
not seen that on his press interviews. I find it a head scratcher.

He has a major Scandal in his Career.  While he was the recruiting coordinator at Colorado there were multiple alleged Rapes committed at recruiting parties. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 09:19 PM)J24 Wrote: He has a major Scandal in his Career.  While he was the recruiting coordinator at Colorado there were multiple alleged Rapes committed at recruiting parties. 

People still ignore this and continue to ask why he isn’t a head coach yet
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People still ignore this and continue to ask why he isn’t a head coach yet

Folks are stubborn. Some will ignore that the propensity to hire younger coaches is not just a media narrative. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are stubborn. Some will ignore that the propensity to hire younger coaches is not just a media narrative. 

Lou being old doesn’t take him out of the hc race. Any coordinator who is great at his job will continue to get serious opportunities at hc gigs regardless of age. Lou is putting together a really great resume over the last 2 seasons. He obviously needs to keep it up, but I don’t see things falling off unless DJ Reader misses a ton of time
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 09:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wouldn’t want anything to do with AZ right now. Who wants Murray?  I’m I’m not mistaken he demanded he have a higher contract than Watson, and I don’t know that he’s in the top ten. But I guess maybe Lou could be running out of chances.

Murray seems to be a pretty loathed person and player, so maybe a coach figures he can go there and get a pass for as long as the franchise is stuck with Murray because no one can be expected to win with a QB of his "meh" on his ghastly contract.  The bar is low.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are stubborn. Some will ignore that the propensity to hire younger coaches is not just a media narrative. 

(02-14-2023, 10:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lou being old doesn’t take him out of the hc race. Any coordinator who is great at his job will continue to get serious opportunities at hc gigs regardless of age. Lou is putting together a really great resume over the last 2 seasons. He obviously needs to keep it up, but I don’t see things falling off unless DJ Reader misses a ton of time

See what I'm talking about. 

Reply/Quote
Having the OC and DC for a fifth straight season, despite the Bengals success the last two years, is quite remarkable. I'm sure other teams are envious.

It does appear that Lou did a good job in his second interview. According to Ian Rapoport: "In the end, it was between Jonathan Gannon and Lou Anarumo, who really impressed specifically in his second interview. In the end, the relationship built with GM Monti Ossenfort in the offseason helped pave the way for this looming hire."

Having such stability might also make the Bengals an attractive destination for a free agent or so. Particularly, the mad scientist Lou seems quite popular with players.
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised Cardinals chose Gannon, he's the one they want since last year. They kept Lou around as their back up plan, but I'm happy Lou is still with us for another year. I'm still surprised we keep all of the coaches though.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

This was the highlight of my day and a MAJOR development for this franchise. Most certainly our TOP FA retained this offseason! So Important! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:52 PM)mitano Wrote: I'm still surprised we keep all of the coaches though.

Me too.  I'm back to "win it all or ya blew it" mode now.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t think that affects KC as much as you think it does

I dont think it impacts the Chief that much at all Frank.  Why do you assume I do?

Reply/Quote