Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou is staying!!!! Cardinals choose Gannon
(02-14-2023, 09:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A year behind but must be pretty close on birthdays. Ides for me.

You're a day before my step brother and 5 before me.

First day of spring baby here!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I know someone who coached with him. He only said he doesn’t interview well. He’s had a lot of interviews. He’s extremely likable. I’ve.
not seen that on his press interviews. I find it a head scratcher.

There's definitely something about him. I've heard everything from he isn't the guy in KC to he's an asshole. Who knows, but I am skeptical we will see him get his shot. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re racebaiting but people who dispute Bienemy aren’t disputing other black head coaches

Bienemy, to me, is just a guy who relays whatever Reid tells him.

Reid is the genius. Reid calls the shots.

Well I trust what Andy says and he has mentioned numerous times Eric has been a key to offense success, time he gets a HC if he goes for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I trust what Andy says and he has mentioned numerous times Eric has been a key to offense success, time he gets a HC if he goes for it.

That’s coach speak. Why woulda coach ever voice any criticisms for any player/team coach to the media or public? You’re a dense one, aintcha?

And with this rape allegations, he’s gonna have a hard time finding a hc gig. It’s apparent you don’t care
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There's definitely something about him. I've heard everything from he isn't the guy in KC to he's an asshole. Who knows, but I am skeptical we will see him get his shot. 

Word from Chiefs fans is that he's had words with both Kelce and Mahomes in the past and Nagy was brought back in as sort of a buffer for that. If EB were to leave, the thought is that Nagy would step right back into the OC role he had before leaving for the Bears. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s coach speak. Why woulda coach ever voice any criticisms for any player/team coach to the media or public? You’re a dense one, aintcha?

And with this rape allegations, he’s gonna have a hard time finding a hc gig. It’s apparent you don’t care

I'd be pretty shocked if he ever got serious consideration for a HC job. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Word from Chiefs fans is that he's had words with both Kelce and Mahomes in the past and Nagy was brought back in as sort of a buffer for that. If EB were to leave, the thought is that Nagy would step right back into the OC role he had before leaving for the Bears. 

You can’t convince me otherwise that Bienemy is there mainly as HC bait so KC can acquire more draft picks
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You can’t convince me otherwise that Bienemy is there mainly as HC bait so KC can acquire more draft picks

That would seem to be a poor strategy considering his inability to close the deal. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're a day before my step brother and 5 before me.

First day of spring baby here!

I never thought it was right that I have a winter birthday. I know a sixteenth and a twentieth.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Good stuff. Steadies the ship a little bit. I don't know if we were in the best position to overhaul the defense this summer.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would seem to be a poor strategy considering his inability to close the deal. 

Worth a shot though. A minority coach with the title “OC” for the best qb/offense in the league was a strong strategy. Too bad about the rapes and everyone knowing Reid runs the show
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never thought it was right that I have a winter birthday. I know a sixteenth and a twentieth.

Without actually counting, i believe there are about 6 March birthdays combined in mine and my wife's families. Both of my biological parents have birthdays in the first half of April as well.

Reply/Quote
There is only one conclusion to none of our coaches being hired at higher positions... they simply are not that good.

This obviously shows us that Zac Taylor puts both sides of the ball on his back and carries this coaching staff.

How dare some of you criticize this man who obviously does it all..... keep up the good work Zac.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I trust what Andy says and he has mentioned numerous times Eric has been a key to offense success, time he gets a HC if he goes for it.

Several reasons for a NO.  

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is only one conclusion to none of our coaches being hired at higher positions... they simply are not that good.

This obviously shows us that Zac Taylor puts both sides of the ball on his back and carries this coaching staff.

How dare some of you criticize this man who obviously does it all..... keep up the good work Zac.

Ha ha even I think that’s not the case. Don’t know the answer. I think Lou’s age hurt him and Brian not calling the plays hurt him with the Colts. Like I’ve told you he had a great shot at Arizona. Since he knows Kliff pretty well maybe some of the dynamics there bothered him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:04 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha even I think that’s not the case. Don’t know the answer. I think Lou’s age hurt him and Brian not calling the plays hurt him with the Colts. Like I’ve told you he had a great shot at Arizona. Since he knows Kliff pretty well maybe some of the dynamics there bothered him.

Im sure I'll get a couple haters to just lose their minds on that one....

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:04 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha even I think that’s not the case. Don’t know the answer. I think Lou’s age hurt him and Brian not calling the plays hurt him with the Colts. Like I’ve told you he had a great shot at Arizona. Since he knows Kliff pretty well maybe some of the dynamics there bothered him.

Might be a little if both. I don’t think Lou’s age has anything to do with it. I heard several times that he just didn’t interview well, rubs some people the wrong way or do I’ve heard. Brian, who knows. Not calling plays may be the reason but I’m just glad we keep both so Burrow and the D can just focus on getting better instead of having to learn a new system. It’s a good day.
Reply/Quote
Dodged a bullet. Love it!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 12:33 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Might be a little if both. I don’t think Lou’s age has anything to do with it. I heard several times that he just didn’t interview well, rubs some people the wrong way or do I’ve heard. Brian, who knows. Not calling plays may be the reason but I’m just glad we keep both so Burrow and the D can just focus on getting better instead of having to learn a new system. It’s a good day.

Ian Rapoport thought he did well in his second interview: "In the end, it was between Jonathan Gannon and Lou Anarumo, who really impressed specifically in his second interview. In the end, the relationship built with GM Monti Ossenfort in the offseason helped pave the way for this looming hire."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 06:17 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Sorry Lou, you deserved it but that is the way of today's NFL they do not want to reward the older guys that put in work they hire the new shiny toys. I cannot say I am sad at the outcome though.

Sadly no different than any other organization.  New toys are brought in and given leadership positions that they are not in any way qualified for.  The rest of the organization suffers due to their lack of experience and bad decision making.  

The only difference in the NFL is instead of eventually getting fired they leave themselves to screw up yet another organization.  Gone are the days of rising through the ranks and bringing the knowledge with you which benefits others and makes for a more productive org.  For every Zac Taylor there are generally twice as many Kliff Kingsbury's and the reason there are so many openings every year.  
Reply/Quote