Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIxon TRADED to Texans
(03-12-2024, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Still, getting a pick for him AFTER you announce he's going to be released is just absolutely wild. What are the Texans doing

Avoiding a perceived bidding war, I guess?  With the way RBs flew off the board yesterday, can't really blame them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Texans have added so many pieces.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Still, getting a pick for him AFTER you announce he's going to be released is just absolutely wild. What are the Texans doing? 

Probably feared the cowboys or some other team would scoop him up. With what Aaron jones got on a 1 year deal, they probably felt that was around Mixon value.
Reply/Quote
Guess the Bengals threw away that released paperwork quickly when they got a trade offer. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
So, looks like Sooner may have been onto something
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting.

Can’t be much more than a 6th or 7th rounder, no? Still better than nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Texans only have 3 7th rounders after round 4 this year. Maybe it's for one of those...or a conditional pick next year?

It cannot be a 4th. That is highway robbery. So I think multiple 7ths or something down the road. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty sure that the signing bonus part is still the responsibility of the Bengals.

If the Bengals are still responsible for the roster bonus ($3 million) that would be bad news. But I suspect they wouldn't be responsible.  I assumed that was one reason they got him off their roster before March 17.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Still, getting a pick for him AFTER you announce he's going to be released is just absolutely wild. What are the Texans doing? 

they wanted to lock him in before he was released and then other teams come into play, he still a valued back in the league and with his pass catching skills will help Stroud out and Texans needed a replacement
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is wild and a hell of a move regardless of the pick.

I guess the Texans thought Mixon was going to get more than 8 million per year on the open market and wanted to lock him down?

Do we then avoid the 2 million dead cap hit Mixon would have brought us?

I love it.

His cap hit with the Texans is only 6.1M, so probably wanted to lock that in, though they could probably have signed him to a 2 year deal and had a lower 2024 cap hit. We still owe him the dead money because that stems from the signing bonus. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals are still responsible for the roster bonus ($3 million) that would be bad news. But I suspect they wouldn't be responsible.  I assumed that was one reason they got him off their roster before March 17.

It would warrant a 4th round pick

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals are still responsible for the roster bonus ($3 million) that would be bad news. But I suspect they wouldn't be responsible.  I assumed that was one reason they got him off their roster before March 17.

ROSTER bonus only applies if he's on the team at the time of the effective date. So, no they aren't responsible for the roster bonus.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

The trade is the best thing financially for Mixon...he keeps his 2024 salary, unless he renegotiates a longer contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It cannot be a 4th. That is highway robbery. So I think multiple 7ths or something down the road. 

I'm wasn't saying it's for a 4th. LOL

I was saying 7th rounders are all they have after the 4th, so maybe it's for one of those.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Texans only have 3 7th rounders after round 4 this year. Maybe it's for one of those...or a conditional pick next year?

The do have two fourths. 

Maybe it is one of those deals where we give them a 5th, and they give us a 4th & a 7th. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The do have two fourths. 

Maybe it is one of those deals where we give them a 5th, and they give us a 4th & a 7th. 

Good point. Can’t wait to hear the specifics.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm wasn't saying it's for a 4th. LOL

I was saying 7th rounders are all they have after the 4th, so maybe it's for one of those.

I heard it was a 6th rounder. Maybe that's not true then.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:32 PM)pally Wrote: this may have lit the fire under the Texans

RB's signed quick in free agency.

So the Cowboys, Chargers, Texans, and maybe 1 or 2 more teams need a RB.

Derrick Henry is still out there (unless he recently signed).

So that worked in our favor.

That said, the WR trade market doesn't look great for Tee.
Reply/Quote
Probably a 7th

This is just to keep him off the open market so i can’t imagine anything higher than a 6th but im gonna say 7

We were literally gonna cut him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Guess the Bengals threw away that released paperwork quickly when they got a trade offer.   Tongue

I think what bothers me is, why weren't they trying to trade him in the first place? The way this went down makes us look unprepared and inept. 

Reply/Quote