Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIxon TRADED to Texans
(03-12-2024, 12:46 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I heard it was a 6th rounder. Maybe that's not true then.

They don't have a 5th or 6th this year.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:44 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Good point. Can’t wait to hear the specifics.

Don't get too excited. Probably traded him for Stationwagon. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm wasn't saying it's for a 4th. LOL

I was saying 7th rounders are all they have after the 4th, so maybe it's for one of those.

I know you weren't. I was just working backwards from what Houston has.
Reply/Quote
Getting something for nothing is always a good move. Even if it's just a 7th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote:

This makes a weak Bengals running game even weaker.  For what any might think, Mixon was the best runner Bengals had, and one of the better runners in Bengals history.  Now you add this to Higgins saying he will not play in Cincinnati another game.  Bengals have their work to do in Free Agency and The Draft getting Joe Burrow a good team around him.  

I see Bengals signed Colts Zach Moss to go with Chase Brown. Still, neither have been as good as Joe Mixon has been.  If Bengals lose Mixon and Boyd and Higgins refuses to play as a franchise tag, Burrow is going to need help in Free Agency or The Draft.  On The Draft, this could press for the top WR, RB or TE on the board to get an offensive weapon in here fast to keep a team around Joe Burrow. 

I will add most RB's have short careers due to wear and tear on those legs. I felt the day would come Bengals would have to replace Mixon with young, fresh legs. The Bengals could use a top college running back, and Paul Brown would agree. Paul Brown said it's hard to not draft a top college running back if there is one on the boards when you draft. OK, Moss and Chase Brown, but my guess is the true replacement to Mixon will come via The Draft in 2024 or 2025.

Losing Mixon, Boyd and Higgins is a set back, and let us not pretend it isn't. At least Bengals still have Burrow to Chase, but that is not enough. Plus Chase needs resigned long term before this season starts or Bengals lose Chase to free agency after this season. I would like to see Bengals stay a Super Bowl type team and not go back to Last Place door mats. Front Office has much work to do.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think what bothers me is, why weren't they trying to trade him in the first place? The way this went down makes us look unprepared and inept. 

I think they wanted to make sure they could sign a replacement 1st.

I'd be curious if they tried for Ekelar or a different back.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think what bothers me is, why weren't they trying to trade him in the first place? The way this went down makes us look unprepared and inept. 

They probably wanted to secure a signing first. When Moss signed, they then felt comfortable moving on from Mixon.
Reply/Quote

maybe they were and it just didn't come together until so many top RBs were off the free agent boards.

Sometimes we all act like it is easy to trade players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:58 PM)kevin Wrote: This makes a weak Bengals running game even weaker.  For what any might think, Mixon was the best runner Bengals had, and one of the better runners in Bengals history.  Now you add this to Higgins saying he will not play in Cincinnati another game.  Bengals have their work to do in Free Agency and The Draft getting Joe Burrow a good team around him.  

I see Bengals signed Colts Zach Moss to go with Chase Brown. Still, neither have been as good as Joe Mixon has been.  If Bengals lose Mixon and Boyd and Higgins refuses to play as a franchise tag, Burrow is going to need help in Free Agency or The Draft.  On The Draft, this could press for the top WR, RB or TE on the board to get an offensive weapon in here fast to keep a team around Joe Burrow. 

When did Higgins say that? The run game will be just as fine as it has been, they weren’t exactly setting the world on fire with it, no fault of the RB.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly, last year when Moss was on a tear...the Colts signed JT. And I was like...why didn't they just stay with Moss.

So I do think I like this signing.

The Colts generally have good run blocking though. Interested to see how this goes here. It's a variable change, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: They don't have a 5th or 6th this year.

I went back. The tweet I saw said speculating a 6th round. Well I guess not. Probably a 7th but I'm hoping maybe we packaged a pick to get a 4th.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Mixon may have a SB in his near future.

CJ Stroud is so dang impressive he may be the next Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:02 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wow. Mixon may have a SB in his near future.

CJ Stroud is so dang impressive he may be the next Mahomes.

your ohio state fandom is showing

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:54 PM)cinci4life Wrote: They don't have a 5th or 6th this year.

Perhaps it's a 2025 pick. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: your ohio state fandom is showing

Yesssum Big Grin
Reply/Quote
I could see a swap of picks. We get one of their 4ths for mixon and a fifth. Or it’s a conditional pick next year based on playing time and performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: they wanted to lock him in before he was released and then other teams come into play, he still a valued back in the league  and with his pass catching skills will help Stroud out and Texans needed a replacement

Probably this. The Texans likely called and said hey, tear that release paperwork up and we'll give you something for him, instead of having to outbid other teams. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's probably a pick position swap along with Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:12 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I could see a swap of picks. We get one of their 4ths for mixon and a fifth. Or it’s a conditional pick next year based on playing time and performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be onboard with this! Either way better than nothing
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Andre Perrota is assuming it's a 6th rounder.

That's fair given he was about to be cut.
Always good to have those late-round picks for either ammo for trade-ups or adding more ST/depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote