Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIxon TRADED to Texans
(03-14-2024, 07:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Word around Norman is his agent didn’t have much trouble convincing the Texans how awful the Cincy run blocking was. But even I’m shocked. But they had to have done some due diligence film wise

The Texans Coaching Staff & Front Office seem like an up and coming Group that have been making some good moves recently.

I just hope that we don't end up watching Mixon & the Texans move along in the Playoffs while the Bengals get eliminated.

Which Front Office is right here because the Bengals had Mixon fairly cheap by comparison for one more year and let him go.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 07:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Texans Coaching Staff & Front Office seem like an up and coming Group that have been making some good moves recently.

I just hope that we don't end up watching Mixon & the Texans move along in the Playoffs while the Bengals get eliminated.

Which Front Office is right here because the Bengals had Mixon fairly cheap by comparison for one more year and let him go.

I think you’ll see our OL sucks at run blocking for Mixon and he’s been better than many give him credit on here. But his pass blocking sucks and Chase Brown they need to see. Mixon was great in the passing game. He could have been a perfect short yardage, redzone and third down back but he wasn’t a fit. I’ll find out eventually if there was division on keeping him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 07:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Texans Coaching Staff & Front Office seem like an up and coming Group that have been making some good moves recently.

What's the phrase? Better a year too early than a year too late?  Besides, Joe had way too many 2/ypc games compared to "Damn, Joe is hitting the hole hard today!" games.
Perhaps he'll be the magic potion that the Texans need to get over the top, but he looked worn out here with the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 07:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think you’ll see our OL sucks at run blocking for Mixon and he’s been better than many give him credit on here. But his pass blocking sucks and Chase Brown they need to see. Mixon was great in the passing game. He could have been a perfect short yardage, redzone and third down back but he wasn’t a fit. I’ll find out eventually if there was division on keeping him.

I'm curious to see how this plays out in terms of which rookie gets added in the draft. (if any)

Zac's idea of a fit may be different than many fans idea of a fit.

After all, Zac has kept Mixon around the entire time that Zac has been here since 2019.

Zac also mentioned valuing Mixon's ability to be tough to tackle and to wear down defenders.

Could there be a rookie still to come (say 2nd round or with one of the two 3rd round picks) and 

may that rookie be the type that is tough to tackle and can wear down defenders.

*Would they go with a rookie that Fans automatically think is a fit  -or-  could Zac actually want one with some similarities to Mixon ?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's the phrase? Better a year too early than a year too late?  Besides, Joe had way too many 2/ypc games compared to "Damn, Joe is hitting the hole hard today!" games.
Perhaps he'll be the magic potion that the Texans need to get over the top, but he looked worn out here with the Bengals.

He looked like he was running behind a sub-par run blocking OL and a scheme that wasn't advantageous for RBs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 08:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He looked like he was running behind a sub-par run blocking OL and a scheme that wasn't advantageous for RBs.

I have the feeling that Mixon is going to have a very good statistical year with the Texans. (rushing & receiving)
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 08:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: He looked like he was running behind a sub-par run blocking OL and a scheme that wasn't advantageous for RBs.

It's easy to say that, but some of us watch the replays, too. And yes, there are plays where the Bengals have run "predictably" and the play gets blown up. However many times, if he would just go to the original hole hard, he would have moderate to good gains.  When he questions, stutter steps, attempts to change direction, is when he gets into trouble.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

They’ve flipped and flopped from zone and gap blocking. Joe is better with gap blocking. Give him the hole and he does better. But are our linemen better suited for zone blocking? I’m not qualified to answer that. But you’d have to think the Texans certainly think he was handcuffed. I’d sure look at the film all day to decide to extend like that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Mixon was pretty hurt by the shock of the trade, but has only good feelings towards Cincinnati:

"I gotta say it was definitely shocking," Mixon said on Thursday. "I took that 24 to 48 hours to hurt. It took a while and I'm still having emotional feelings about it. But that's the place where I can forever feel like that's home for me."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39733529/texans-give-joe-mixon-3-year-27m-extension-sources-say
Reply/Quote
Gonna pissed if Mixon ends up becoming worthy of that first or second round fantasy draft pick I’ve been burning on him for way too many years.

I was pretty shocked at the downfall Pierce had last year losing the job to singletary. I thought Pierce would run away with that starting job after the year he had prior.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think what bothers me is, why weren't they trying to trade him in the first place? The way this went down makes us look unprepared and inept. 

Ehhh not really

We only got a 7th so that means there was no competition for him

Texans don’t trade for him and no one is coming calling
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 07:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Word around Norman is his agent didn’t have much trouble convincing the Texans how awful the Cincy run blocking was. But even I’m shocked. But they had to have done some due diligence film wise

Word is after his agent’s TED talk on the Bengals’ run blocking, the Texans’ coaches were so grateful they are hiring him as a consultant.
Reply/Quote
I wish Mixon success with the Texans. He was good for Cincy while he was here. Not so sure he is on the downside now. The Texans will use him well.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Word is after his agent’s TED talk on the Bengals’ run blocking, the Texans’ coaches were so grateful they are hiring him as a consultant.

He put them under his spell lol

Reply/Quote
I took seeing Mixon cut harder than I thought given we knew it was coming and I had even called for it in the past. Still Mixon stuck through some hard times and always gave good energy, was never a locker room problem, and was good to the fans.

Then he was traded and I felt at least they did right by him. Then he was extended and hell Mixon got a good deal out of all of this.

I think he'll thrive motivated for the Texans for next season anyway. He'll star for them in primetime and under the bright lights.

In 2025 they'll see some of the troubling signs we saw as it relates to hitting holes and breaking tackles / big runs....

But for 2024, I think the Texans will see a motivated Mixon worth the trade.

I do wonder if the Bengals even tried to trade him last season or prior to announcing his release. At first it seemed like a 7th round pick just to get him, but with the extension, it looks like he was someone they had really liked, and with the Chargers also in the hunt and ready to pay him, maybe Mixon had more suiters than even the Bengals realized. The media sure is treating him as a big get an top back in their reporting of his trade / signing with the Texans.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Well the Texan’s have a good orange thrower lol

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
Well the Texan’s have a good orange thrower lol

#4B...
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 02:26 PM)Destro Wrote: #4B...

Not really a jersey guy, but I'd rock his... Penis Jr.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The absolute most grossly underrated aspect of Joe Mixon's game is and always will be ball security. Since 2017 Mixon only had 6 fumbles and zero in the past two seasons. 1 fumble every 300 carries over his career.. Does anyone realize just how hard that is to do in this league with defenses always trying to rip the ball out of the ball carrier's hands?   Say what you want, but Mixon very rarely gave the ball back to the other team..  And he did that with some of the worst offensive lines in the league.. That's going to be missed..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote