Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIxon TRADED to Texans
(03-12-2024, 12:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly not much.   Just enough to make sure the Texans can have him and he not hit the market

Yep, Dallas wanted him and guess he Had some value.
I hope he's happy with the Texans. They are an up and coming team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep, Dallas wanted him and guess he Had some value.

As did the Chargers.

He had quite the robust market for a player many were trying to get rid of. The media is loving him again as a Texan. Selling as a big move.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Remember all those players we released in the past and never got anything for them... how times have changed! Glad o' Mikey is no longer running the show.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably this. The Texans likely called and said hey, tear that release paperwork up and we'll give you something for him, instead of having to outbid other teams. 

They tried to trade him earlier but the market changed drastically and rapidly yesterday
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep, Dallas wanted him and guess he Had some value.

Could be playing the Texans with Mixon in the Playoffs. You never know.
Reply/Quote
Probably a 7th when they realized we were going to cut him which prevents him from hitting the market and they appear fine with his contract. For us, Moss is younger, less wear and tear, better YPC, Yards after contact, broken tackles, long runs, but probably a little less in the passing game, not that he can't do it. Perfect to pair with Chase B
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote: The trade is the best thing financially for Mixon...he keeps his 2024 salary, unless he renegotiates a longer contract

Yep, I like that part of the deal as well. Worked out for both sides.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They tried to trade him earlier but the market changed drastically and rapidly yesterday

There wasn't going to be a market for Mixon with the RB FAs that were available yesterday. Seems like the Texans were left out of the sweepstakes and they decided Mixon was the best of the bunch left and didn't want to get in a bidding war with another team(s).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There wasn't going to be a market for Mixon with the RB FAs that were available yesterday. Seems like the Texans were left out of the sweepstakes and they decided Mixon was the best of the bunch left and didn't want to get in a bidding war with another team(s).

For sure
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:26 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: No longer upset about us treating him badly LOL

It's business.  You should never have been upset about his "treatment".
Reply/Quote
Happy with this for sure. I don't hate Joe Mixon, but he was clearly not 'the guy' at RB, and this was about the right time to try something new. To get anything for him is a win.
Reply/Quote
Got something. Draft a punter or whatever.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:58 PM)kevin Wrote: This makes a weak Bengals running game even weaker.  For what any might think, Mixon was the best runner Bengals had, and one of the better runners in Bengals history.  Now you add this to Higgins saying he will not play in Cincinnati another game.  Bengals have their work to do in Free Agency and The Draft getting Joe Burrow a good team around him.  

I see Bengals signed Colts Zach Moss to go with Chase Brown. Still, neither have been as good as Joe Mixon has been.  If Bengals lose Mixon and Boyd and Higgins refuses to play as a franchise tag, Burrow is going to need help in Free Agency or The Draft.  On The Draft, this could press for the top WR, RB or TE on the board to get an offensive weapon in here fast to keep a team around Joe Burrow. 

I will add most RB's have short careers due to wear and tear on those legs. I felt the day would come Bengals would have to replace Mixon with young, fresh legs. The Bengals could use a top college running back, and Paul Brown would agree. Paul Brown said it's hard to not draft a top college running back if there is one on the boards when you draft. OK, Moss and Chase Brown, but my guess is the true replacement to Mixon will come via The Draft in 2024 or 2025.

Losing Mixon, Boyd and Higgins is a set back, and let us not pretend it isn't. At least Bengals still have Burrow to Chase, but that is not enough. Plus Chase needs resigned long term before this season starts or Bengals lose Chase to free agency after this season. I would like to see Bengals stay a Super Bowl type team and not go back to Last Place door mats. Front Office has much work to do.

Weaker? You can’t get any weaker.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
7th Round picks are largely worthless outside of special teams players.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 7th Round picks are largely worthless outside of special teams players.

7th round is for UDFA's you want to make sure come to your camp basically.

But the guy that just Started QB at a superbowl also came from round 7
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: What did we get back?

Anything is better than cutting him and getting nothing. I love how the Bengals FO has handled free agency up to this point. Bringing in Stone, Moss, and Gesicki are all really good moves for the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 7th Round picks are largely worthless outside of special teams players.

That’s perfect for this team. Seeing as how we have resigned mostly special teamers
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 7th Round picks are largely worthless outside of special teams players.

Until they are not. Think of how many players have gone undrafted only to be studs in the NFL... Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Warren Moon, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Antonio Gates, John Randle, Jason Peters, Priest Holmes, Nate Newton...these are just ones that I can think of but I would be willing to bet a far larger list could be put together. So a chance to get a player like this is far better than just releasing Mixon for nothing more than a dead space cap hit.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Weaker?  You can’t get any weaker.

That's what I came on to say. We were the worst running team in the NFL last year and we add a new RB to change it up and some 
are complaining. I don't get it. Zack Moss helps in short yardage and yards after contact where Mixon was about the worst. He also 
helps in pass protection. We can add another RB in the Draft as well, but you couldn't get a more solid of a RB to add than Moss IMO.

This is a lot like bringing a younger Perine in. We can add another electric RB like Chase Brown in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:42 PM)depthchart Wrote: Could be playing the Texans with Mixon in the Playoffs. You never know.

Could be the same scenario, just with him with divisional rivals, I'm OK with this deal. Although, historically, we've played poorly vs Texans in playoffs...

Miss the Oilers btw.
Reply/Quote