Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
ML is gone, he should have been gone a long time ago. So, who is next, but more importantly how do fans react to process and then selection of our next HC?

I looked into my crystal ball and here are some of my predictions:

Some fans will lock onto their guy, if he is not picked, MB will be called out as a moron for choosing the POS

Some fans will be all giddy, until in 2019 we have another losing record.

It is about winning in the NFL, winning now and not next year or 2 years from now with a veteran team. The new guy needs to get us back to the playoffs and a playoff win minimum, if not he will also be a failure in my eyes.

So, what are your predictions to our fans reactions?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Can we really celebrate something that is 6 years too late?

Odds are they go with a former Bengal: Bienemy, Joseph, Zimmer, Jackson, or Gruden.

Other than that...impossible to know.
Reply/Quote
I predict the path of least resistance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ML is gone, he should have been gone a long time ago. So, who is next, but more importantly how do fans react to process and then selection of our next HC?

Some fans will lock onto their guy, if he is not picked, MB will be called out as a moron for choosing the POS

It is about winning in the NFL, winning now and not next year or 2 years from now with a veteran team. The new guy needs to get us back to the playoffs and a playoff win minimum, if not he will also be a failure in my eyes.

Without adding talent to the offensive line and LB positions, I don't think we can win.

Probably a guy like Burfict will be gone unless the coach is Hue, Zimmer, or Joseph. I don't see many non-Bengals coaches keeping him.
Reply/Quote
My prediction is Eric Bienemy. Or Vance Joseph
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ML is gone, he should have been gone a long time ago. So, who is next, but more importantly how do fans react to process and then selection of our next HC?

Hmm, you actually think we are a playoff team? I'd say we have to WIN a playoff game to actually bring some spark back. 

But, I'm not exactly sure that the team is playoff material. We possibly have the worst LBs in the league, corners who couldn't make a pick all season, and our best players are aging.

Maybe I see it differently from others, but from what I saw, I worry about Geno's consistency, and AJ's health now. I'm not 100% convinced he isn't beginning to decline. I love the guy, but it does worry me. 

Our LBs are going to take longer than a season to replace, since this team really fails to pick up good ones in FA. We need a faster defense nowadays, and I don't see us being there. 

Our O-line still is far from what I'd consider they need to be to be formidable in the playoffs. Imagine we went in the wild card this week.. how are we stopping guys like the Texans? 

I think this team is closer to a "rebuild" then playoffs. We have some good young players, so I'd prefer something similar to what the Seahawks are doing. But our QB isn't Russell Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Without adding talent to the offensive line and LB positions, I don't think we can win.

Probably a guy like Burfict will be gone unless the coach is Hue, Zimmer, or Joseph. I don't see many non-Bengals coaches keeping him.

If you are correct, then changing of the HC is only for posturing to a fan base, giving them hope we can win when in reality we just don't have enough talent. I know we did have a ton of injuries, more so than the Ravens, more than the Steelers and more than the Browns. We can't predict health, but this was one of worst injury years to our best players and position groups like WR and TE I have seen in recent memory for any NFL team.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: My prediction is Eric Bienemy. Or Vance Joseph

I think Bienemy is the best we can hope for.

That said, I don't know if he can win here without Reids structure.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we really celebrate something that is 6 years too late?

Odds are they go with a former Bengal: Bienemy, Joseph, Zimmer, Jackson, or Gruden.

Other than that...impossible to know.

I'd take a chance on Bieniemy. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:33 PM)thillan Wrote: Hmm, you actually think we are a playoff team? I'd say we have to WIN a playoff game to actually bring some spark back. 

But, I'm not exactly sure that the team is playoff material. We possibly have the worst LBs in the league, corners who couldn't make a pick all season, and our best players are aging.

Maybe I see it differently from others, but from what I saw, I worry about Geno's consistency, and AJ's health now. I'm not 100% convinced he isn't beginning to decline. I love the guy, but it does worry me. 

Our LBs are going to take longer than a season to replace, since this team really fails to pick up good ones in FA. We need a faster defense nowadays, and I don't see us being there. 

Our O-line still is far from what I'd consider they need to be to be formidable in the playoffs. Imagine we went in the wild card this week.. how are we stopping guys like the Texans? 

I think this team is closer to a "rebuild" then playoffs. We have some good young players, so I'd prefer something similar to what the Seahawks are doing. But our QB isn't Russell Wilson.

So, you are saying (I don't disagree), it is not on the head coach, it is on scouting, drafting and the front office. If so, then sadly changing the HC will change nothing in 2019.

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph.

Hope I'm wrong.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you are correct, then changing of the HC is only for posturing to a fan base, giving them hope we can win when in reality we just don't have enough talent. I know we did have a ton of injuries, more so than the Ravens, more than the Steelers and more than the Browns. We can't predict health, but this was one of worst injury years to our best players and position groups like WR and TE I have seen in recent memory for any NFL team.

The AFC North was pretty weak this year too.

Without injuries, we may have had a chance at the playoffs due to the weak division. The Ravens and Browns are on the upswing. You have to think the Steelers will improve too.

We need to upgrade the offensive line and LB. IF we can add 2 quality players there...then we improve a lot.

IF we hire outside the organization, you have to think that the new coach will bring some of his own guys in.
Reply/Quote
[Image: wfa.gif]

NOW ANYONE BUT HUE

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So, you are saying (I don't disagree), it is not on the head coach, it is on scouting, drafting and the front office. If so, then sadly changing the HC will change nothing in 2019.

I honestly don't know, because this league also shows how important a good HC is. If we had a guy like Andy Reid, McVay, or someone of that caliber, I do think we would be much better. 

But those guys don't come up every year. 

Changing to a better HC would obviously do something though. Keep our team and replace Marv with Bill Beli? Yeah, we are better. But I do think the team needs more talent to compete for a SB. Playoffs or bust in 1 year is a reach for this team IMO. 

Especially considering our division now. The Browns are good, and young. They are a great choice this offseason for HC candidates. Baltimore has a promising group, and another young, talented QB. Pittsburgh dropped this year, but they have showed no signs for us to think that their dominance will magically end.

EDIT: Also, to answer your question: I think drafting improved with a better HC. Yes, I think they have an impact. But scouting and FO? Yeah, I don't see much magical improvement there sadly.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:29 PM)McC Wrote: I predict the path of least resistance.

You are probably correct. I'm on the Matt LeFleur wagon right now. I hope we go outside the organization and bring in someone that is with the times. I look at the 2 young coaches in the playoffs, McVay and Nagy and how their teams went from bad to good by changing the culture. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You are probably correct. I'm on the Matt LeFleur wagon right now. I hope we go outside the organization and bring in someone that is with the times. I look at the 2 young coaches in the playoffs, McVay and Nagy and how their teams went from bad to good by changing the culture. 

And don't forget what Frank Reich did with the Colts, who, imo, are a dark horse to make a playoff run.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we really celebrate something that is 6 years too late?

Oh God no.  We have to coninue to wallow in misery and complain no matter what happens.

In fact if we win the Super Bowl next year we can't celebrate.  Instead we will need at least a dozen threads about how it took too long.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:41 PM)thillan Wrote: I honestly don't know, because this league also shows how important a good HC is. If we had a guy like Andy Reid, McVay, or someone of that caliber, I do think we would be much better. 

But those guys don't come up every year. 

Changing to a better HC would obviously do something though. Keep our team and replace Marv with Bill Beli? Yeah, we are better. But I do think the team needs more talent to compete for a SB. Playoffs or bust in 1 year is a reach for this team IMO. 

Especially considering our division now. The Browns are good, and young. They are a great choice this offseason for HC candidates. Baltimore has a promising group, and another young, talented QB. Pittsburgh dropped this year, but they have showed no signs for us to think that their dominance will magically end.

EDIT: Also, to answer your question: I think drafting improved with a better HC. Yes, I think they have an impact. But scouting and FO? Yeah, I don't see much magical improvement there sadly.

McVay and Reid all brought in 3-4 free agent upgrades when they were hired.

IF say we hired a new coach and brought in 2 new lineman that were good and 2 new LB's...we'd be sitting pretty.

The thing that's tough here too is that our coaches are scouts and handle a lot of the draft. They'll also need to install a new offense and defense. That's a huge amount of responsibilities.

But, someone from the outside might be able to come in and quickly upgrade processes to league standards.
Reply/Quote
I can't assume anyone but Hue will be HC until Lazor is fired and fired hard.
Reply/Quote
I know one fan reaction we will NOT get.

None of the guys who have been wearing out the keyboards guaranteeing over and over again the "Marvin is going nowhere" will eat any crow.
Reply/Quote