Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason
(11-26-2018, 12:56 PM)3wt Wrote: It looked that way.   OR maybe he was running his routes wrong (why he has not been on the field so much?) and compensated by making helicopter catches.

Hope those two get it worked out whichever it is!   They both have interesting skills.

Good point. That’s always the hardest thing to tell as a fan. We jump to our own conclusions sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Boyd and Tate showed flashes of what we're looking for: WRs not named Green that can make some tough contested catches. That's obviously one of the spots where Ross needs to improve the most, but I'm just happy to have him contributing here and there while getting reps. I think our WR group has some decent depth and hopefully Lazor can see the potential of having Green, Boyd, Tate, and Ross on the field at the same time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tate made a few fantastic catches yesterday. I was impressed with his reach.He was fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: Tate made a few pair of  fantastic catches yesterday. I was impressed with his reach.He was fun to watch.

Fixed it for you. :-)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fixed it for you. :-)

LOL

Beggars can't be choosers!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fixed it for you. :-)

And Core had one catch , a penalty costing thirty yards of field position, a improper route that led to an interception. Advantage Tate.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree....but those were two nice catches....after he seemed to settle in a bit.  Also, there was the one he nearly came down with that would have been on highlight reels for weeks....I've not seen a guy twist his body in midair that way to get his hands on the ball since Ocho.  The ground knocked the ball loose, and then there was the throw on 4th down that he was interfered on.  That throw should have gone to Boyd anyway, he was WIDE OPEN over the middle.  Wasn't one of those a 4th or 3rd down conversion he caught?  Seems like it was, but I don't recall.  More snaps may lead to more production.  I did not see the 1st half, but I know Dalton targeted him once in the red zone as I listened on the radio.  Was it a missed throw or a drop?

It was thrown about three feet over his head.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Tate made a couple of great grabs.

He also dropped three passes, including a touchdown. He’s not very good right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Tate made a couple of great grabs.

He also dropped three passes, including a touchdown. He’s not very good right now.

I'm pretty sure that end zone fade was way over his head.  And out of bounds.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:58 PM)McC Wrote: I'm pretty sure that end zone fade was way over his head.  And out of bounds.

Thanks for reminding me....it was. I recall Laps call on it now.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Thanks for reminding me....it was. I recall Laps call on it now.

Actually, I misspoke.  It was three feet over his fully extended outstretched arms and hands and fingers.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:58 PM)McC Wrote: I'm pretty sure that end zone fade was way over his head.  And out of bounds.

The pass directly after that was a back shoulder throw to him that he dropped.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The pass directly after that was a back shoulder throw to him that he dropped.

He did have a couple drops,so did ross,and so did boyd i think he had atleast one drop. Im surprised tate dropped them but i still like him more then core. 
Reply/Quote
Driskel throws a very different ball than Dalton.
I would assume the WRs are more used to.catching Andys passes than Driskels..
the release points are different...rpms on the ball
its a adjustment period
Reply/Quote