Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason
(11-20-2018, 08:53 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Idk what youre trying to say but to me yeah it pissed me off again just like last year. Marvins decisions piss me off and upset me because he is an idiot. And how does anyone justify marvins decisions when we havnt won a playoff game,we cant beat pitt,or even compete with top teams. Tate was a 6th rounder, he could of been 4th but he had a slow 40 so that scares teams away. If he was fast i bet hes a 1st or 2nd rounder with his size. 

Teams pass up on guys all the time, brady was a 6th rounder and only got in the game because of injury. Why didnt the genius coach have him starting from day 1? Because they go with the vets and guys they know what they can do most the time. Why even have a practice squad if they all just suck. But go ahead and defend grandpa merv and his winning traditions.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick?  Why is this the first time I'm hearing this?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:45 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Has he been given the same opportunity as Core?

Hold on i can be fred here 

Well well marvin watches him in practice,he should know and not you!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Tom Brady was a 6th round pick?  Why is this the first time I'm hearing this?

Idk are you omish?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:45 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Has he been given the same opportunity as Core?

Yes.  Coaches have wathced all of these guys in practice.

If you disagree then post a list of every NFL team that routinely benches their starters and play the back ups in regular season games just to "give them a chance".
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Core has a nice 9 yrds per catch avg, but only catches it about 50% of the time.

Cores catch percentage for his career is higher than Tates and his catch percentage this year is the same as Tates.
Reply/Quote
I can't say whether or not Tate is ready, but I can say Core can't catch a cold and Andy should never target him on an important play again......
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cores catch percentage for his career is higher than Tates and his catch percentage this year is the same as Tates.

Tate has only played a handful of plays. His catch percentage Sunday was higher than Cores for all of 2017.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 11:03 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Idk are you omish?

If guys like Brady are there in the 6th it really makes you wonder why 1st round picks are valued like they are.

Dalton and Green could be the Bledsoe and Bledsoe to Driskel and Tate being Brady and Brady.  It really makes you wonder why teams that aren't the Browns don't just toss more players into the fire.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:36 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Tate has only played a handful of plays. His catch percentage Sunday was higher than Cores for all of 2017.

Tate has only played a handful of plays because he is not good enough to play more.

Grading a player based on ONE PLAY is comical.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't say whether or not Tate is ready, but I can say Core can't catch a cold and Andy should never target him on an important play again......

(11-21-2018, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cores catch percentage for his career is higher than Tates and his catch percentage this year is the same as Tates.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Coaches have wathced all of these guys in practice.

If you disagree then post a list of every NFL team that routinely benches their starters and play the back ups in regular season games just to "give them a chance".

Cody Core is not a starter.  In this instance, it's playing one backup over another.  One backup has a propensity to choke in pressure situations, the other we have no idea about.  It's pretty simple.

(11-21-2018, 09:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't say whether or not Tate is ready, but I can say Core can't catch a cold and Andy should never target him on an important play again......

Right.....and Cody Core should not be on the field in any critical situation, ever again.  It's not on the QB when he hits the hot read right between the numbers and it gets dropped.  That's on A) the player that drops it, and B) the staff for calling a timeout to trot his ass out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The local news lets Marvin get away with it, along with his lifelong appointment as HC when he would have only lasted 3 years elsewhere and is the laughing stock of the league and NFL fans. Obviously from the responses here they should have asked why Hardy is starting then? But no one did. Probably because they know it's only because of his dad.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The local news lets Marvin get away with it, along with his lifelong appointment as HC when he would have only lasted 3 years elsewhere and is the laughing stock of the league and NFL fans. Obviously from the responses here they should have asked why Hardy is starting then? But no one did. Probably because they know it's only because of his dad.

So Marvin would have been fired after the '05 season after the first winning season by the team in 14 years?

Thanks for proving my point about how people just make stuff up and state it like a fact.

BTW if Marvin just plays Nickerson because of his dad then why didn't he start last year?  Was Marvin not friend with Hardy's dad last year?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote:  One backup has a propensity to choke in pressure situations, the other we have no idea about.  It's pretty simple.

Coming into Sunday's game Core had caught the last 5 passes on which he was targeted.  Tate had never made a regular season catch before.

So you are right.  The choice was pretty simple.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this; Mo Edgar (I think) said he thinks Marvin’s comments on Tate were not so much directed at (Tate) as they were a dig on ownership not signing players (Bryant, Marshall) that could really help, instead relying on a guy fresh off the PS. In this light & given that Marvin doesn’t normally throw players under the bus, I’d say (Mo) is correct.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:51 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Link
Nice, ringing endorsement from your HC. But to counter his point, so was the following players:

James Harrison
Kurt Warner
Arian Foster
Rod Smith
Tony Richardson
Jason Peters
Cameron Wake
Alex Boone
Danny Amendola
Danny Woodhead
Brandon Marshall
Adam Theilen

I get what he's saying, but he did have a reception on his lone target. I don't get why he has throw shade at him like this.

I don't like this either, doesn't matter how fast you are if you cannot catch the ball.

Auden Tate is known for his strong hands, Core is not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:36 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this; Mo Edgar (I think) said he thinks Marvin’s comments on Tate were not so much directed at (Tate) as they were a dig on ownership not signing players (Bryant, Marshall) that could really help, instead relying on a guy fresh off the PS. In this light & given that Marvin doesn’t normally throw players under the bus, I’d say (Mo) is correct.

If irony were strawberries, we’d be drinking a lot of smoothies if this was the case.

He’s been here for 16 years and complaining about how they do business but keeps coming back to the porch like a stray cat? You’ve lost your right to so Marv sorry
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tate has only played a handful of plays because he is not good enough to play more.

Grading a player based on ONE PLAY is comical. 
Its stupid to continually tout a player who has 22 catches over three YEARS . If Tate only has one catch a game over the next two and a half years he will have twice as many catches as Core.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into Sunday's game Core had caught the last 5 passes on which he was targeted.  Tate had never made a regular season catch before.

You remember Core's big drop(s) against Pitt? I do.

(11-21-2018, 02:36 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this; Mo Edgar (I think) said he thinks Marvin’s comments on Tate were not so much directed at (Tate) as they were a dig on ownership not signing players (Bryant, Marshall) that could really help, instead relying on a guy fresh off the PS. In this light & given that Marvin doesn’t normally throw players under the bus, I’d say (Mo) is correct.

Interesting theory.....but like Hoof said....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into Sunday's game Core had caught the last 5 passes on which he was targeted.  Tate had never made a regular season catch before.

0-3 at Pittsburgh with a crucial drop and 0-2 at Ravens with another crucial drop. Pretty simple ,yeah right. He's been on the team for two and a half years and shows no sense of breaking out. Kick him to the curb. Bilichick would have made him walk home from Baltimore.
Reply/Quote