Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason
(11-20-2018, 07:01 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Last year Jake Elliot.  40-49 career with long this year of 56 and last year 61. Touche!!

Bullock has hit a higher percentage of both FGs and XP than Elliott since last year and over the course of his full career

In less than two season Elliott has missed 5 XP and 4 FGs shorter than 40 yds.  Bullock has missed only one of each during the same time.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 16 years as an NFL head coach.  Who is the best practice squad player he has refused to play?

Matt Toeaina?

Theres only one person who would come argue this today and we all know it would be you. I think you do it just to be devils advocate or something. 

Why was core giving another chance after messing up before, since marvin is so strict. And its mainly on the younger guys that hes strict on. If youve been here 3 years you get a pass. Or hes playing favorites. 

Did cody core work out with randy moss in the off season like tate? Did cody core make nice catches in preseason? Was cody core a main weapon of his team? Did aj say cody core looked like a young brandon marshall? He played 2nd to treadwell and look at where treadwell is he sucks too and was a 1st rounder. What was tj houshmanzadah a 7th rounder what was antonio brown a 6th rounder, there is so many offensive guys coming out every year not everyone gets a fair chance because the teams are just to filled up. Thats why a qb like mccarron fell to the 5th when he could of went higher,nobody needed a qb. Aj mccaron may never get a fair chance at a full season to see what he can do because of draft status. Unlike a 2nd rounder we got that got 3 years right off the bat. I remember the first two years fans saying well.you got to give a qb 3 years to develop and its bern every year saying hes not the main problem. 

And as everyone else is saying why is hardy nickerson playing a big role on our defense. You mean theres nobody better out there then nickerson i dont buy it hes just marvins fav this year. Probably because hes friends with his dad. 

And if you think cody core deserves to be out there getting 40 snaps you are a poor evaluator of talent just like marvin and guess what you cant justify playing him because we lost!!  If the coaches felt tate is that bad why not sign a free agent wr ,there is still some out there. If the team really wanted to win they would of went after someone. Mike and marvin dont give a shit about winning with their decisions. And did marvin crap all over cody core for dropping it? No he crapped all over tate. Forget marvin hes a bafoon coach that needs to be ran out of town. 
Reply/Quote
“He didn’t get the depth (on the route). (He ran) short of the design of the route. Last week, he dropped a ball in his one opportunity. We just have to keep going. Auden is a young player. He has some ability, and hopefully he will make some plays if he continues to get an opportunity down the stretch for us.” - Marvin

So Tate was benched for rest of game because he apparently ran his route a bit short, though he made the catch.

Core drops the game ender, so we will see how much time Core will get this next game. Because if he does get a lot of offensive snaps, then Marvin and others value a game ending dropped ball more than a catch on a route ran short on the very first series. *mind-blown*
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: “He didn’t get the depth (on the route). (He ran) short of the design of the route. Last week, he dropped a ball in his one opportunity. We just have to keep going. Auden is a young player. He has some ability, and hopefully he will make some plays if he continues to get an opportunity down the stretch for us.” - Marvin

So Tate was benched for rest of game because he apparently ran his route a bit short, though he made the catch.

Core drops the game ender, so we will see how much time Core will get this next game. Because if he does get a lot of offensive snaps, then Marvin and others value a game ending dropped ball more than a catch on a route ran short on the very first series. *mind-blown*
Would not be surprised if cody core is the starter, im done with marvin after these quotes,reminded me why i hated marvin last year. John ross could of already been experienced,instead grandpa marvin had to teach him a lesson.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:37 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: . John ross could of already been experienced,instead grandpa marvin had to teach him a lesson.

John Ross admitted that he was hiding a shoulder injury.  It was effecting his ability to catch the ball and getting worse when he finally admitted the problem to Lewis.

You can't just make stuff up out of thin air and act like it is real.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a really crazy theory, but hear me out.

Maybe Marvin has watched these guys take hundreds of reps in practice and Core looks like the better player.

Nope.  That boat no longer floats.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote:  Marvin and others value a game ending dropped ball more than a catch on a route ran short on the very first series. *mind-blown*

Can you not even read the quote you just posted?

(11-20-2018, 07:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: “He didn’t get the depth (on the route). (He ran) short of the design of the route. Last week, he dropped a ball in his one opportunity. We just have to keep going. Auden is a young player. He has some ability, and hopefully he will make some plays if he continues to get an opportunity down the stretch for us.” - Marvin

Where do all you guys get the idea that Tate has been an unstoppable force that never makes mistakes?

Why is a drop by Core grounds to bench him while a drop by Tate means nothing?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:43 PM)McC Wrote: Nope.  That boat no longer floats.

Why?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

Because Marvin no longer knows what the **** he's talking about.  How the hell can you still defend this nitwit?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Ross even said, his 40 time means nothing when the pads go on and they start jamming .
If they put him in motion and snapped it before a guy got lined up on him after he ran behind the O-line then he would not be getting jammed up.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:49 PM)McC Wrote: Because Marvin no longer knows what the **** he's talking about.  

Link?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin has been a head coach for 16 years.

List all of the great players that he refused to promote from the practice squad.

I'll wait.

Andrew Hawkins only got promoted because Shipley had an essentially career ending injury.

Clinton McDonald has at least 3 different 5 sack seasons and was originally on the Bengals PS.

Dan Skuta had some success.

- - - - - - - - - -

Then of course every Bengals fan's favorite PS OL guys... Kyle Cook, Nate Livings, Alex Redmond.  Sick

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was actually somewhat optimistic about Redmond coming into the year given he played rather solidly toward the end of last year from what I recall. But I also thought Pollack would have really groomed him to be a mauler in the run game, which hasn't been the case. Hopefully, the Bengals address OL, LB, and receiver well enough that we don't have to see Core, Redmond, or Nickerson on the team next year.
Nickerson will be here as long as Marv is here.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

http://www.marvinisamoron.com

Reply/Quote
In Marvins defense, even the good HCs let Tate clear waivers.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Clinton McDonald has at least 3 different 5 sack seasons and was originally on the Bengals PS.

We traded McDonald.  He was nto signed off the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dan Skuta had some success.

Skuta played a few years for the Bengals.  We never refused to sign him off the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In Marvins defense, even the good HCs let Tate clear waivers.

Your argument falls flat on its face due to the fact that Marvin is indefensible.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross admitted that he was hiding a shoulder injury.  It was effecting his ability to catch the ball and getting worse when he finally admitted the problem to Lewis.

You can't just make stuff up out of thin air and act like it is real.

So marvin didnt bench him over and over off of one mistake? Interesting

And yeah he was ultimately shut down at the end over injury, but i think they just said he was hurt to shut him down he could of played. 

But i get it ,youre the teams lawyer
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can you not even read the quote you just posted?

Where do all you guys get the idea that Tate has been an unstoppable force that never makes mistakes?

Why is a drop by Core grounds to bench him while a drop by Tate means nothing?

Yes, even if it is cut out of context.

No one has said Tate was unstoppable. Hell, I was one of the very few ones knocking on the Tate hype in preseason.

A drop in garbage time verses a drop on 4th down that ended the Bengals chances to tie or to win aren't comparable.

In case you and Marvin havn't noticed, the team is on a downslide going 1-4, and the offense is getting worse. Mix things up, try something else, use Drickell at times, Gio as a receiver, just do something different. But least of all don't use Core on 60some% of snaps.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote