Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML: Tate was on the practice squad for a reason
(11-20-2018, 03:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Can't forget that in-game adjustments are more journalist jargon than anything  Whatever

Marv is a clueless nitwit and a part of him knows it. All these snippy quotes to the media show some frustration and to me, that says at least a part of him knows he's in over his head.

Here's hoping Marv quits while he's behind 

I really think Marvin and Mike Brown live in the early 2000's, as the whole team is run in such an old school way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Can't forget that in-game adjustments are more journalist jargon than anything  Whatever

Marv is a clueless nitwit and a part of him knows it. All these snippy quotes to the media show some frustration and to me, that says at least a part of him knows he's in over his head.

Here's hoping Marv quits while he's behind 

Don't forget the famous "nobody can tell me how to play LBer" when being questioned about Maualuga in a presser.
Reply/Quote
Tate had one chance and on one target he caught it. Now apparently he was on the field before the time out on 4th and 3 and they pulled him off and put Core in. My question is maybe he didn't know the play or something? It's kind of crazy as not knowing what the heck to do on the field hasn't stopped our entire defense from seeing playing time.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tate had one chance and on one target he caught it. Now apparently he was on the field before the time out on 4th and 3 and they pulled him off and put Core in. My question is maybe he didn't know the play or something? It's kind of crazy as not knowing what the heck to do on the field hasn't stopped our entire defense from seeing playing time.

It was the same exact formation and play they ran in the first quarter where Tate had his first catch.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: To many to list, I am sure. So I guess he's playing it safe? Why take a risk, right? 

Here is a really crazy theory, but hear me out.

Maybe Marvin has watched these guys take hundreds of reps in practice and Core looks like the better player.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Guy could of been a 4th rounder but theres just too many receivers to be had every year. 

So you are saying that he could have been a fourth rounder if we remove all the players ahead of him who were better?

Hmm 

Anyone else see a little problem with this argument?
Reply/Quote
Lovely motivation. Does he not think the players listen/watch/read the media outlets?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a really crazy theory, but hear me out.

Maybe Marvin has watched these guys take hundreds of reps in practice and Core looks like the better player.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5134474]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I will say that 40 time doesn't seem to big that big of a factor in making a good WR in the NFL.

Look at a guy like John Ross.

Conversely Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 and is 9th all-time in receptions, 14th all-time in receiving yards, and 24th all-time in receiving touchdowns. Also Tony Gonzalez his last 2-3 years was probably the slowest person I have ever seen running routes on a football field, and yet he was churning out 850-900 yard seasons like he could do it until he was 60.

Top 10 40-times at Combine (from what I could find):
1. John Ross
2. Chris Johnson
3. Dri Archer
4. Marquise Goodwin
5. Jacoby Ford
6. JJ Nelson
7. Demarcus Van Dyke
8. Yamon Figurs
9. Darrius Heyward-Bey
10. Tye Hill

That's a pretty sad list for the top 10.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate should have been kept in the game. We most likely would have won if they would have kept him in there.Cody Core over Tate??? You’ve got to be kidding me.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:32 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Lovely motivation. Does he not think the players listen/watch/read the media outlets?

What does he care.  You think Tate does not know he was on the practice squad?

Marvin says good things about players... "GOT TO FIRE MARVIN.  HE NEVER HOLDS PLAYERS RESPONSIBLE!!!"

Marvin says bad things about players... "GOT TO FIRE MARVIN.  HE IS TOO MEAN TO PLAYERS!!!"
Reply/Quote
If I was the reporter I would have responded "and you have a 0-7 record in the playoffs for a reason, OK"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A "target" is not always a true indicator of "catchable ball." Sure, there are times where Ross could and should have caught the ball, but not every target in the 29 he's had have been catchable balls. And also, Boyd is always going to have a (much) higher catch rate than Ross as long as they keep throwing short passes to Boyd and deep passes to Ross. It's known that the deeper routes you run, the less likely the ball will be caught.

The Bengals need to start using Ross in that short-to-mid range on the field to cater to his YAC ability. They keep trying to send him deep too often and it's not working out (yet).

Exactly. I dont understand the playcalling that Lazor does. Every route goes to the outside and Dalton makes his worst throws to the sideline. Seriously, watch him throw to Erickson sometime. He runs 6 yards out of bounds on every route. What happened to the middle of the field? Did they retire it out of respect for Eifert?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:21 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Exactly. I dont understand the playcalling that Lazor does. Every route goes to the outside and Dalton makes his worst throws to the sideline. Seriously, watch him throw to Erickson sometime. He runs 6 yards out of bounds on every route. What happened to the middle of the field? Did they retire it out of respect for Eifert?

Only players taller than Dalton are allowed to run routes in the middle of the field  because otherwise Dalton can't see them Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:21 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Exactly. I dont understand the playcalling that Lazor does. Every route goes to the outside and Dalton makes his worst throws to the sideline. Seriously, watch him throw to Erickson sometime. He runs 6 yards out of bounds on every route. What happened to the middle of the field? Did they retire it out of respect for Eifert?

(11-20-2018, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Only players taller than Dalton are allowed to run routes in the middle of the field  because otherwise Dalton can't see them Ninja

Last Sunday 16 of Daltons 36 attempts were to the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last Sunday 16 of Daltons 36 attempts were to the middle of the field.

You have the distribution of who those 16 attempts were to? I know Uzomah was targeted. I think Boyd was too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You have the distribution of who those 16 attempts were to? I know Uzomah was targeted. I think Boyd was too.

Bernard, Mixon, and Ross had 6 combined targets.  All are shorter than Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:51 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Link
Nice, ringing endorsement from your HC. But to counter his point, so was the following players:

James Harrison
Kurt Warner
Arian Foster
Rod Smith
Tony Richardson
Jason Peters
Cameron Wake
Alex Boone
Danny Amendola
Danny Woodhead
Brandon Marshall
Adam Theilen

I get what he's saying, but he did have a reception on his lone target. I don't get why he has throw shade at him like this.

I get what he's saying too......then he goes out and plays Hardy Nickerson (another guy who was on the practice squad for a reason), every damn week.  

Hey Marvin, your dumbass is showing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Don't forgot, old Merv a few years back also noted that the coaches don't have time to teach during the season.

That was Piano Paul......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tate had one chance and on one target he caught it. Now apparently he was on the field before the time out on 4th and 3 and they pulled him off and put Core in. My question is maybe he didn't know the play or something? It's kind of crazy as not knowing what the heck to do on the field hasn't stopped our entire defense from seeing playing time.

I haven't re-watched the game, but I think Tate and Mixon both came off the field with Gio and Core coming on.

I was very frustrated because I thought that's the type of play Tate is made for.

But to be fair, Cody has made a number of good catches in the last couple of weeks and Tate has had his share of drops.  And Cody is more likely to get separation.   The catches Tate has not made were all highly contested catches.

Having said that there is no way Cody should have dropped that ball.  This is the NFL not Pop Warner
Reply/Quote