Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mackensie Alexander-good news update
If that's who he assaulted, the NFL should not suspend him.
Reply/Quote
Im going to stay on the football matter which this Site was intended for.. We need plan B.. who knows if he will be returning to the team... I assume Phillips was going to take Waynes position, who is going to be the Slot position now and is there a FA out there we might need to be looking at
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going to stay on the football matter which this Site was intended for.. We need plan B.. who knows if he will be returning to the team... I assume Phillips was going to take Waynes position, who is going to be the Slot position now and is there a FA out there we might need to be looking at

Winston Rose
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/26/mackensie-alexander-arrested-for-battery-on-man-who-last-saw-his-missing-father/

I don't blame him at all....
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/26/mackensie-alexander-arrested-for-battery-on-man-who-last-saw-his-missing-father/

I don't blame him at all....

Nope, if it's true, I would probably do the same thing as probably many of the people on this board. Hope this gets resolved soon for the sake of his family and his father. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going to stay on the football matter which this Site was intended for.. We need plan B.. who knows if he will be returning to the team... I assume Phillips was going to take Waynes position, who is going to be the Slot position now and is there a FA out there we might need to be looking at

It’s not going to look pretty I’ll tell you that much lol. William Jackson playing like a stud this year would be a big help in the short term and long term. Outside of that Logan Ryan is probably the best free agent played well last season , however he’s marketing himself as a safety and comparing his stats to some of the best safeties in the league so he probably wants a decent amount of money. Outside of him besides ancient washed up guys I’d say maybe take a shot at Morris Claiborne or Trumaine Johnson.
Reply/Quote
Lmao so he flew home to beat the dudes ass? Intelligent guy, but I can’t blame him.

Everyone saying Mike Brown is going to stay out of free agency for good may be correct.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lmao so he flew home to beat the dudes ass? Intelligent guy, but I can’t blame him.

Everyone saying Mike Brown is going to stay out of free agency for good may be correct.

Again...Reader and Bell were the biggest FA signings. Just go read the release from the team about no fans at the first game. They specifically mention those two. Not the CB’s we got from Minnesota. If Reader and Bell work out there’s no reason to think we’ll be “done with FA forever.”

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again...Reader and Bell were the biggest FA signings. Just go read the release from the team about no fans at the first game. They specifically mention those two. Not the CB’s we got from Minnesota. If Reader and Bell work out there’s no reason to think we’ll be “done with FA forever.”

Wayne’s was a bigger signing than Bell from Mike Browns perspective, the pocket book.

No, I don’t think they will be done with free agency forever, but it is too bad seeing the 2 corners we signed already out for a length of time.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lmao so he flew home to beat the dudes ass? Intelligent guy, but I can’t blame him.

Mike Brown is all about family, I am quite sure he will come down on Alexander's side on this one against the NFL if they try to suspend him.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:28 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Thought the same exact thing , something just dosen’t sound right. My guess is Alexander’s dad and his friend got in some sort of argument that probably turned deadly. For one I feel like most of the time there’s  a search party for someone who been missing for multiple days it usually dosen’t end with them being found alive. Plus like you said you just don’t leave somebody like that.

Missing days: 65 years old, florida heat, went and "picked berries" out in the middle of nowhere, K9 & helicopters cannot find him....

Odds are his father is dead. Odds are pretty good this guy killed him. It is horrible to see happen to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:50 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Nope, if it's true, I would probably do the same thing as probably many of the people on this board. Hope this gets resolved soon for the sake of his family and his father. 

Likewise. Details are nonexistent so far with this battery charge. Battery can sometimes come down to just getting in someone’s face or grabbing hold of them. Who knows what Mackensie did... but if I was to confront someone who likely murdered my father?? I don’t know what I’d do... but it’s very likely I’d face something more severe than a battery charge.
Reply/Quote
If his father is indeed gone, an ass beating for that guy was an easy punishment. If I were Mackensie in that moment I don’t think I could’ve held back. At least he was smart enough to not throw his life away over something that unfortunately may not bring his dad back. Still hoping for the best but chances are he’s no longer here.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again...Reader and Bell were the biggest FA signings. Just go read the release from the team about no fans at the first game. They specifically mention those two. Not the CB’s we got from Minnesota. If Reader and Bell work out there’s no reason to think we’ll be “done with FA forever.”

I’m fairly certain the free agency acquisitions were more due to the coaching staff than Mike Brown anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 11:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lmao so he flew home to beat the dudes ass?
I can't see myself, or much of anyone I know, reacting much differently.
If I got a call that my Dad went on an 85 mile away journey, to pick berries with someone, and that guy came back without my Dad?  I'd be acting irrationally, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
from Tom Pelissaro

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote: from Tom Pelissaro

Misdemeanor battery.... he could have simply shoved him. I don't think there is anything there, I suspect the charges will be dropped.... especially if that guy is charged in his father's disappearance.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Misdemeanor battery.... he could have simply shoved him. I don't think there is anything there, I suspect the charges will be dropped.... especially if that guy is charged in his father's disappearance.

That’s great to hear honestly. I assumed given the circumstances that he beat him to a pulp. Sounds like that’s what he deserves anyway. Alexander could’ve just spit on him.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s great to hear honestly. I assumed given the circumstances that he beat him to a pulp. Sounds like that’s what he deserves anyway. Alexander could’ve just spit on him.

I would not expect any more than a possible fine and probation out of it. Maybe community service, but my guess is it's dropped.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote: from Tom Pelissaro

Stay in your lane is an old football proverb, vigilante justice isn't staying in your lane.  I'd like to see some wins this year, I'd like to see the Bengals beat the feces out of the Squealers and Feces Birds.  Getting arrested won't help.   Florida is  a death penalty state, Alexander can rest easy if his dad was murdered by his friend, justice will be served.
Reply/Quote