Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mackensie Alexander-good news update
(08-26-2020, 12:23 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Stay in your lane is an old football proverb, vigilante justice isn't staying in your lane.  I'd like to see some wins this year, I'd like to see the Bengals beat the feces out of the Squealers and Feces Birds.  Getting arrested won't help.   Florida is  a death penalty state, Alexander can rest easy if his dad was murdered by his friend, justice will be served.

Yeah, I wouldn't be resting easy if the man who left my father to die was standing in front of me. I'd be beating his ass wholesale.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:23 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Stay in your lane is an old football proverb, vigilante justice isn't staying in your lane.  I'd like to see some wins this year, I'd like to see the Bengals beat the feces out of the Squealers and Feces Birds.  Getting arrested won't help.   Florida is  a death penalty state, Alexander can rest easy if his dad was murdered by his friend, justice will be served.

Glad to see you're able to set aside the human element involved for the Alexander family and, you know, just dial it in on wins for the Bengals. Because, you know, that's all that matters. Laser focus on display. WTF
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 10:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going to stay on the football matter which this Site was intended for.. We need plan B.. who knows if he will be returning to the team... I assume Phillips was going to take Waynes position, who is going to be the Slot position now and is there a FA out there we might need to be looking at

(08-26-2020, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Winston Rose

Mackenzie wasn't in the mix to replace Waynes; he's our Nickle. Phillips and LeShaun Sims have been battling for the starting spot opposite WJIII. If Mac cannot return I'd assume one of them (most likely Phillips, as Sims is huge for a CB and should stay on the boundaries) would replace him at nickle
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't believe Alexander has ever had trouble while in the NFL. I doubt Goodell suspends him. That would be a PR nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't believe Alexander has ever had trouble while in the NFL. I doubt Goodell suspends him. That would be a PR nightmare.

Suspending a Cincinnati Bengals player a PR nightmare? I’m not so sure...
Reply/Quote
What a bizarre story with his dad's disappearance & that's some rough country in that part of Florida in places.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Suspending a Cincinnati Bengals player a PR nightmare? I’m not so sure...

Since it was a misdemeanor, he really didn't hurt the guy, when 99% of people probably would think he should have, and he's never been in trouble with the league before. It's not like he was out drinking and got in a bar fight.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't be resting easy if the man who left my father to die was standing in front of me. I'd be beating his ass wholesale.

What we know so far is Alexander lied to the Bengals.  He told them he wanted to go look for his father.  No he didn't. He wanted to go find someone and beat him up, if not kill him.  Not good anyway you look at it.  If Alexander has a family, hurts them if his football career is derailed.  If the guy he beat up actually did it, his brawling just splattered Alexander DNA all over the guy.  Could mess up an investigation.  Nothing good comes of his action.  After all the shit that we've all had to swallow since mid March, I'd like some football from a team that might be winners this year.  
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:19 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: What we know so far is Alexander lied to the Bengals.  He told them he wanted to go look for his father.  No he didn't. He wanted to go find someone and beat him up, if not kill him.  Not good anyway you look at it.  If Alexander has a family, hurts them if his football career is derailed.  If the guy he beat up actually did it, his brawling just splattered Alexander DNA all over the guy.  Could mess up an investigation.  Nothing good comes of his action.  After all the shit that we've all had to swallow since mid March, I'd like some football from a team that might be winners this year.  

What a load of irrational theories and convolutions in your head; did you read anything of what happened?

He didn't, "lie," to the Bengals, what kind of crap is that?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If Alexander actually got physical with this guy then he was in the wrong and will probably be punished by the league.

If he just went-off yelling at the guy then he might get off light, but no matter what goes wrong vigilanti justice is the wrong answer. You just can't do that.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:19 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: What we know so far is Alexander lied to the Bengals.  He told them he wanted to go look for his father.  No he didn't. He wanted to go find someone and beat him up, if not kill him.  Not good anyway you look at it.  If Alexander has a family, hurts them if his football career is derailed.  If the guy he beat up actually did it, his brawling just splattered Alexander DNA all over the guy.  Could mess up an investigation.  Nothing good comes of his action.  After all the shit that we've all had to swallow since mid March, I'd like some football from a team that might be winners this year.  

My 2 cents.

We don't know what happened. You don't know his motivations, we can only speculate.
My take is that he went to ask this guy about it, to find his Father, and this guy didn't respond well, and Alexander's emotions got away from him.
Given that Alexander is a professional athlete with the capability to do FAR WORSE, I'm going to lean in the direction that if his intention was to beat the guy up, then this guy would be in a hospital, or worse.

My dad is 88, and if a "friend" took him somewhere and left him, oh brother! I would be asking some hard questions, Hank Voight style, ya know?
edit: OK, maybe not. But I sure feel this way. It would be hard not to respond badly, especially if the man in question cracks wise, etc. Not saying vigilante stuff is right, but definitely understandable. I don't know that I would do any better than Alexander did, TBH.

Alexander did ok, IMHO.

I'm sure the team will be alright. I would be rallying around the guy, personally.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

Complete BS....
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 09:38 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Now apparently Alexander has been arrested in Florida for battery?

(08-26-2020, 09:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Guess he confronted and assaulted the guy who left his father behind. Can’t really blame him to be honest. It’s a tough situation to be in.

(08-26-2020, 10:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. If I read correctly it was an 85 mile trip. Who the heck leaves a friend 85 miles from home? Something smells fishier than a bucket of dead catfish in a non-air conditioned ***** house in southern Alabama. 

I can only imagine what he's going through right now, but bet he's under a lot of stress and has a deep sense of urgency to get answers and find his father.

(08-26-2020, 10:28 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Thought the same exact thing , something just dosen’t sound right. My guess is Alexander’s dad and his friend got in some sort of argument that probably turned deadly. For one I feel like most of the time there’s  a search party for someone who been missing for multiple days it usually dosen’t end with them being found alive. Plus like you said you just don’t leave somebody like that.

Crazy. Shocked 

So true, cannot blame Mackenzie if this is all true.
Reply/Quote
You lose my pops you get your ass kicked too
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
He has posted a $2000 bond

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Its a unpleasant situation all around. If his dad doesnt turn up does he want to take a year off football? As far as the battery charge a punishment wouldn't be levied until next season at earliest. So hope for the best for Mackenzie whatever he decides I'm cool with it.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 03:00 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: You lose my pops you get your ass kicked too

Damn rights.
Reply/Quote
Im on Alexanders side on this one.. That dude who left his dad deserved beat up.
Reply/Quote
The guy Alexander hit did not just leave his father behind. He claims to have searched for 3 hours. Then he went to get Alexanders fathers wife to help search. After another hour they gave up and contacted authorities.

But there is also a mysterious "previous incident" that was mentioned.

Seems there is A LOT more to this story than any of us know yet. But since MacKenzie actually punched the guy and threatened to get a gun I'd say he is looking at a suspension from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I've got to side with Fred on this one; although, I'm surprised. We see what happens when Civilians try to take the law into their own hands.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote