Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mackensie Alexander-good news update
(08-26-2020, 04:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Its a unpleasant situation all around. If his dad doesnt turn up does he want to take a year off football? As far as the battery charge a punishment wouldn't be levied until next season at earliest.  So hope for the best for Mackenzie whatever he decides I'm cool with it.

I would think he would still play and dedicate the season to his father if found deceased. However, if still missing, that would be a different story.

(08-26-2020, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy Alexander hit did not just leave his father behind.  He claims to have searched for 3 hours.  Then he went to get Alexanders fathers wife to help search.  After another hour they gave up and contacted authorities.

But there is also a mysterious "previous incident" that was mentioned.

Seems there is A LOT more to this story than any of us know yet.  But since MacKenzie actually punched the guy and threatened to get a gun I'd say he is looking at a suspension from the NFL.

IDK? This is a panic situation not a night club incident. I think certain things can be forgiven but like you said, we don't know all the facts yet and may never for that matter.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This reminds me a bit of a case from the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. A black teenager was partying with some friends out in the sticks and they left him there. He was found dead over a month later under very suspicious circumstances. If the Alexander family was getting as little help from local LE as the family in that case did I don’t really blame them for trying to get to the bottom of it themselves.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 05:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would think he would still play and dedicate the season to his father if found deceased. However, if still missing, that would be a different story.

IDK? This is a panic situation not a night club incident. I think certain things can be forgiven but like you said, we don't know all the facts yet and may never for that matter.

Rough all the way around.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This reminds me a bit of a case from the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. A black teenager was partying with some friends out in the sticks and they left him there. He was found dead over a month later under very suspicious circumstances. If the Alexander family was getting as little help from local LE as the family in that case did I don’t really blame them for trying to get to the bottom of it themselves.

When I first heard of it I thought of when Michael Jordan's dad was murdered, sure hope this is not the case here.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This reminds me a bit of a case from the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. A black teenager was partying with some friends out in the sticks and they left him there. He was found dead over a month later under very suspicious circumstances. If the Alexander family was getting as little help from local LE as the family in that case did I don’t really blame them for trying to get to the bottom of it themselves.

Apparently the guy hesitated to go to the police because he thought they might have gotten in some trouble for even being there picking berries.  Anything could have happened.

The guy could have killed Mac's dad.

His dad may have died in a freak accident or gotten killed by an animal.  They were in a swamp so he could have slipped and drowned.

His dad might have gotten killed by someone else for being someplace he was not supposed to be.  Maybe he wondered into a booby trap at someone's illegal pot field.

I have no clue.
Reply/Quote
Everything about this is bizarre. Drive eighty miles to pick berries? What? Two guys leave and only one comes back? What? The chances of a good outcome seem pretty slim.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: Everything about this is bizarre. Drive eighty miles to pick berries? What? Two guys leave and only one comes back? What? The chances of a good outcome seem pretty slim.

Maybe it was a brokeback berry situation. Drive way out, pick each others berries, have a good ol time. Macs dad threatened to tell the wives, it was time to come clean about their relationship. That was the end of it. A fight broke loose. Macs dads friend accidentally throws his lover into the arms of a crocodile. All this would come to light if he told the authorities what went down. He didn’t want to be found out. He’d come up with a story, and a good one. “I... left him there”. Yes it was a genius plan....

I think I’m going to go start writing a novel.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Maybe it was a brokeback berry situation. Drive way out, pick each others berries, have a good ol time. Macs dad threatened to tell the wives, it was time to come clean about their relationship. That was the end of it. A fight broke loose. Macs dads friend accidentally throws his lover into the arms of a crocodile. All this would come to light if he told the authorities what went down. He didn’t want to be found out. He’d come up with a story, and a good one. “I... left him there”. Yes it was a genius plan....

I think I’m going to go start writing a novel.

I find your tone in this thread pretty disrespectful. He’s a Bengal now, and his family is going through something terrible. Not everything has to be a joke.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I find your tone in this thread pretty disrespectful. He’s a Bengal now, and his family is going through something terrible. Not everything has to be a joke.

There is a time to be joking around and it isn't in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I find your tone in this thread pretty disrespectful. He’s a Bengal now, and his family is going through something terrible. Not everything has to be a joke.

It is disrespectful, but I also acknowledge I’m just some good for nothing poster on a Bengals message board with 0 influence on the situation.

In the words of the great Bfine, it sounded funnier in my head. But I’m not sorry for it, I had a good time writing it out *shrug*
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It is disrespectful, but I also acknowledge I’m just some good for nothing poster on a Bengals message board with 0 influence on the situation.

In the words of the great Bfine, it sounded funnier in my head. But I’m not sorry for it, I had a good time writing it out *shrug*

^ Could someone ban this clown shoe? 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:48 PM)PDub80 Wrote: ^ Could someone ban this clown shoe? 

I recommend the ignore list feature. You can live blissfully and I can continue with clown behavior.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 08:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I recommend the ignore list feature. You can live blissfully and I can continue with clown behavior.

I heard it was going to be a misdeamenor so hoping he can get through it and come back to contribute soon. It sucks that both of our poached Vikings CBs are potentially going to not play much. I can just hear MB in meetings grumbling..."i told you so!" or maybe not..?  cant imagine MB doing zoom.    
Reply/Quote
Reports coming in they found his father alive.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Didn’t think this one would turn out well. Glad it did though.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 09:08 AM)pally Wrote:

Holy cow. Against all odds!
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thank God. I kept scrolling through this thinking "where is the good news update?".
Reply/Quote
Good to hear. Happy for the family. Hopefully, he can get the charges dropped.
Reply/Quote