Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv to players: the next job lost could be yours...
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

Other than a couple Marv homers, I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing about this one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
...but not mine.

[Image: marvin1.jpeg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I just don't see it other than making Dalton the scapegoat. Guenther wanted to do the same thing last year and Marvelous Marvin wouldn't allow it. Besides, I bet this applies to everyone but the OLine. Brown is not going to let Marvelous Marvin bench Alexander the Great's handpicked favorites. Remember, Bodine is a workout warrior and Ced is super duper athletic. If you want to know how good they are, just ask Alexander the Great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How could Marvin even address this team about accountability with a straight face.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:29 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I just don't see it other than making Dalton the scapegoat. Guenther wanted to do the same thing last year and Marvelous Marvin wouldn't allow it. Besides, I bet this applies to everyone but the OLine. Brown is not going to let Marvelous Marvin bench Alexander the Great's handpicked favorites. Remember, Bodine is a workout warrior and Ced is super duper athletic. If you want to know how good they are, just ask Alexander the Great.

Unless they're bringing in an outside offensive lineman it wouldn't really matter. Not like we have any stars sitting on the bench. Our whole line top to bottom is bad
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How could Marvin even address this team about accountability with a straight face.

And therein lies the problem. You can’t preach accountability and expect the players to embrace it, when there’s no accountability at the very top.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis : "You have to do the work — offense, defense and special teams all alike. We all got Kenny out of here — not Kenny, we did."

So...  Zampese had nothing to do with his own firing.

Okay.  Only in Marvin-world.

[Image: tumblr_mpgdh7P4Wi1sxkbpgo1_500.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Quote:Owner Mike Brown is reluctant to change coaches during a season. Firing Zampese went against the norm.

Was just thinking about this earlier when I was reading something about Lazor. Kind of gives me some hope. If Marv threw Z under the bus, and Z got fired, then — if nothing turns around — maybe we can look forward to a new HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

Other than a couple Marv homers, I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing about this one.

Are there any Marv homers left? I think I was the last one, and I jumped ship midway through last season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
According to this article, a Bengals executive said that Dalton's play has been "puke worthy." It's time to blow things up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733736-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-it-time-to-make-some-changes-in-cincy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How could Marvin even address this team about accountability with a straight face.

Funny huh ?

He should have lead off with "now men, you know me and PA aren't held to any accountability so.... if anybody goes it will be you guys". You fellas are just pawns in my 25 years to a playoff win plan.

I forget just exactly when last season or the exact quote and I'm to lazy to look it up. But Marvin had a quote during the fubar of last season where he stated words to the effect of - everything is the players fault, placed no blame at all upon himself or the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

I have no problem with him calling out the players; obviously, I'm in the minority.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Funny huh ?

He should have lead off with "now men, you know me and PA aren't held to any accountability so.... if anybody goes it will be you guys". You fellas are just pawns in my 25 years to a playoff win plan.

I forget just exactly when last season or the exact quote and I'm to lazy to look it up. But Marvin had a quote during the fubar of last season where he stated words to the effect of - everything is the players fault, placed no blame at all upon himself or the coaching staff.

He always is saying things about players not playing well or doing their job.

Never does he say coaching needs to do better or adjusted.

He's a smug-ass egomaniac in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

I have no problem with him calling out the players; obviously, I'm in the minority.
Dude can call out players all he wants.

In his existence here he has never admitted mistakes.

Other coaches and assistants in many sports have admitted to this.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

Calling out players doesn't bother me. It's the fact that his DC tried this last year and Marvin immediately shot it down. I just don't think this has any substance.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Unless they're bringing in an outside offensive lineman it wouldn't really matter. Not like we have any stars sitting on the bench. Our whole line top to bottom is bad

I get that, but why not let Westerman get a shot or go ahead and throw Andre out there. Even if they're worse, it's not like it's that much further of a fall.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:42 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dude can call out players all he wants.

In his existence here he has never admitted mistakes.

Other coaches and assistants in many sports have admitted to this.

This is just made up, he's admitted his mistakes plenty. In the link in the OP he says "We" costs Kenny his job. There are also countless others I could post. A couple of the bigger ones that come to mind is his treatment/firing of Leslie Frazier and accepting responsibility for letting the Steelers/Bengals social media smack talk getting out of hand.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bodine has been the starter since day 1 and they never brought in anyone to compete for his job. If Fisher or Ogbuehi are so bad, who replaces them? A bad Andre Smith? And why is Michael Johnson still starting then?

Empty words.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:13 PM)jason Wrote: Are there any Marv homers left? I think I was the last one, and I jumped ship midway through last season.

Oh, there's always somebody.  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Haha this is comedic gold. Marv is finally showing some nads but I think (hope) it's too little, too late. Marvin must realize by now his job is seriously in trouble. He's finally trying to motivate the players and put some fear in them. It's all a crock, of course. His main goal is to save his own neck.

But hey, if he's able to get this team to the playoffs after these disastrous first two games then so be it. I'll fully expect the Browns to cave and extend him, even if a playoff appearance results in another first round exit. That's the only way Marv has a job next year, and he clearly knows it. 
Reply/Quote