Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: 'It's ridiculous and sad'
(12-30-2018, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, he's the latest in a long string to be villafied by poor Bengals Management: Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, Palmer, and now Marvin.

His fault was staying too long.

It's kind of like having a Labrador that will eat as long as it's fed and MB kept feeding it. The Bengals SHOULD have moved on from him after 2013, but they didn't so he's lost all his luster.

Had he left 5 years ago for another job, people would have looked back on him fondly. Now, he embodies the Bengals woes.

I agree with most of this as well.

Marvin should get some praise and thanks for pulling this team out of the gutter.

He just stayed too long and management here was comfortable with the way they ran things(or didn't).

It's a shame because he might have left here with a shred of admiration from the fan base.

Instead he can't leave town quick enough for most fans.

Not really a victim, but certainly could have had a legacy with positives and possibly Head Coached again somewhere.

That just shows how staying the course of comfort doesn't always bode well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think the Stoolers just played like shit.

No way Marvin coached them up for the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree with most of this as well.

Marvin should get some praise and thanks for pulling this team out of the gutter.

He just stayed too long and management here was comfortable with the way they ran things(or didn't).

It's a shame because he might have left here with a shred of admiration from the fan base.

Not really a victim, but certainly could have had a legacy with positives and possibly Head Coached again somewhere.

Oh he made millions of dollars here so I don't feel bad for him...but any competent management team in the NFL fires him after 2013 and maybe the Chargers playoff loss. Then, he goes down in fans minds as the guy that rescued us from the 90's.

Then maybe the next coach comes in and takes us to a SB.

Winning playoffs in the NFL over a long span aren't that hard. Most teams have 5+ since 1991.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:02 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Marvin or Hue.

Gross.

Marvin's succession to Hue, prepare yourself mentally I'm afraid.

[Image: knights-112.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can I ask the Giants too?

WTS, I've freely said it's time to move on from Marvin; you'll just have to excuse me if I find the constant bitching/hate to be ridiculous and sad

Well, there is still a chance that we will be complaining about having the worst HC ever as our HC rather than ho-hum Marvin.  That will be different, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree with most of this as well.

Agree,

If Marvin would have left after 08 or 10 like he should have most everybody here would have thanked him and wished him well. And he may well have had good opportunities elsewhere. 

Now he's dug a grave I doubt he can ever get out of.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why should the Vikings accept mediocrity?

Bengals have done it for years and their decisions still get defended.....

They won last year, don't have a losing record this year. Nothing we have been able to say since Zubaz pants.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

If Marvin would have left after 08 or 10 like he should have most everybody here would have thanked him and wished him well. And he may well have had good opportunities elsewhere. 

He should have had great opportunities at that point. Now, his legacy is tarnished. As is Hue's.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At his postgame presser, Marvin said it was “ridiculous” and “sad” that his job status became the focus these past few weeks. Wouldn't talk about his future, only saying it would be handled tomorrow.

Presser Video

What is ridiculous is how the coaching staff performed in 2018. So is losing the Brown twice in the same year, or even once for that matter.

What is sad is what Mike Brown thinks of the fans.

Reply/Quote
I don't know about "ridiculous and sad" but it was kind of a silly charade. The press knows very well that Mike Brown is not going to fire a head coach mid season if he has any excuse at all not to. The excuse is injuries. That's just who Mike Brown is and anyone in the press who doesn't know it isn't very bright. So all that talk is just for our benefit because that's what we want to hear.

In fact, the odds are that Lewis will be back year unless he quits or demands something in his meeting tomorrow that Mike won't give. I wouldn't be surprised to see an exact repeat of the Sam Wyche departure, right down to the fired/quit debate and the Dave Shula hire.
Reply/Quote
What’s ridiculous and sad is that you managed to be a head coach for 16 seasons and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe he should've given us something else to talk about then.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Every head coach has to face these questions. I mean, what does he expect. It's not some strange curveball question.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I need a drink

There’s a full container of orange kool-aid in the back of the room. Takes as much as you want because nobody else is touching it. Don’t want it to go bad. Ninja

(12-30-2018, 10:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, as much as I want Marvin gone...it would be very hard to stomach the idea of Hue being our head coach.

Ugh, the thought upsets my stomach.

(12-30-2018, 11:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

In Mike Browns eyes, Marvin hasn’t even picked up a shovel yet.

(12-31-2018, 02:30 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What is sad is what Mike Brown thinks of the fans.

This is the saddest part of it all. The thousands of dollars I’ve spent through the years on this team, only to have the audacity to act like we don’t matter? Gaah

Reply/Quote