Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Number 1 failure
(10-09-2016, 01:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Comparing the multi World Champion Patriots and their coach to the Bengals and their coach is like comparing.... Well, the World Champion Patriots to the freaking Bengals.

You fail at logic.

I was not comparing the Patriots to the bengals.  I was showing how silly it is to claim that one loss in the regular season proves that a team can't win a championship.

Get it now?  If you don't then I will post dozens of more examples of teams that lost regualr season teams yet went on to win a championship.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yates also threw for less than 160 yards in his playoff game against the Bengals.  But he had the #2 overall defense and the #2 rushing offense to help him.  Dalton had a good defense (#7) and a poor rushing game (#21).  Dalton was forced to throw the ball 42 times while Yates had an easy time with Arian foster rushing for 153 yards and keeping the defensive pressure off of him.

Yates was still a terrible starting QB. Dalton was not. And what of all the other examples from my earlier post?

The Jets had an inferior starting QB (Palmer vs Sanchez) and inferior RB (Benson vs Shonn Greene). The defenses were about even (both top 5) and we were at home. We were favored (something you always bring up). 

The Chargers were a poor playoff team. The Colts had no talent on D and had a practice squad RB that busted 150+ total yards on us. The Steelers had a terrible defense that somehow put the clamps on us, and they rotated 3rd and 4th string RBs.

We haven't been out-talented, we've been outcoached. 7 games is plenty of evidence.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We haven't been out-talented, we've been outcoached. 7 games is plenty of evidence.

You still don't get it.  We were not out coached in all 7 of thoise games.  In many of them we just did not have as much talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What load of crap?

Are you really going to argue that no other good teams other than the Bengals lose gamesin the regular season?

Are you going to argue that the bengals do not have one of the very best records against the best teamns in the league over the last 3 years?

Which part are you claiming is a load of crap?

It would certainly be nice if some of those wins were against winning teams in primetime or in the playoffs. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You still don't get it.  We were not out coached in all 7 of thoise games.  In many of them we just did not have as much talent.

0 and 7.   Say that again.   0 n 7.   How many more losses until you realize Marvin Lewis is a joke and should be fired.  0 n 20?    And how many excuses are you gonna make for the guy..
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No I do not have to admit that.  Last year we looked like a Super Bowl team until Dalton got injured.

Even you can not dispute this simple fact.  

Looked like a Super Bowl team ?? Fred that's one of the bigger straw grasping posts I've seen you make. That's something I can tell my grand children about. In 2015 we looked like a Super Bowl team. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yates was still a terrible starting QB. Dalton was not. And what of all the other examples from my earlier post?

The Jets had an inferior starting QB (Palmer vs Sanchez) and inferior RB (Benson vs Shonn Greene). The defenses were about even (both top 5) and we were at home. We were favored (something you always bring up). 

The Chargers were a poor playoff team. The Colts had no talent on D and had a practice squad RB that busted 150+ total yards on us. The Steelers had a terrible defense that somehow put the clamps on us, and they rotated 3rd and 4th string RBs.

We haven't been out-talented, we've been outcoached. 7 games is plenty of evidence.

Yep

I'm gonna look up our 2nd half scoring in playoff games again. I still bet it's among the worst in the league. I know after ML's first 5 playoff games we had like 13 points or something combined in all 5 2nd halves !

Or in other words totally out coached.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:05 AM)BengalB Wrote: I see how well Zim is doing in Minnesota and my heart aches.

Goodness, what could've been.

If Mikey would've just canned Marv and promoted Zim...

It physically hurts to think about it.

I think Marvin Lewis is a very good coach and a good judge of talent, but I suspect Mike Zimmer would have been an upgrade over Marvin as head coach.

But who knows?

For example, Bill Belichick failed in Cleveland before he found success in New England.

And would Mike Zimmer have been able to get along with Mike Brown? 
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is a number 1 failure!!

There i fixed the thread title
Reply/Quote
I can't understand how anybody could try to defend Lewis he's a terrible head coach. 0-7 playoffs and look at the games you'll see how badly his team was out scored in the second half of those games. He had a chance he failed lets move on.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 04:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Looked like a Super Bowl team ?? Fred that's one of the bigger straw grasping posts I've seen you make.

Not grasping at straws.  experts all over the place (and many people on thjis board) agreed that we looked like a Supeer Bowl team.

All the whining and crying in the world can not change reality.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not grasping at straws.  experts all over the place (and many people on thjis board) agreed that we looked like a Supeer Bowl team.

All the whining and crying in the world can not change reality.

Fred you and I have a different reality.

In reality we're 0-7 in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis, we've never came close to sniffing the Super Bowl and that's the true reality.

I and everybody else on this board could care less what we looked like.  Guess in fantasy land looking like something is close enough for you ?

I'm going to get on TV tomorrow and say well the Bengals are gonna suck again this season but you know we looked like a Super Bowl team last season according to fredtoast - so there's that. And wait for the rolling on the floor laughing to start.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 04:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Looked like a Super Bowl team ?? Fred that's one of the bigger straw grasping posts I've seen you make. That's something I can tell my grand children about. In 2015 we looked like a Super Bowl team. LMAO

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.c...a8.jpg&f=1]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2015-super-bowl-odds-week-4-buying-the-bengals/
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500272/article/cardinals-bengals-headline-teams-vying-for-first-super-bowl-title
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000555354/article/andy-dalton-has-bengals-looking-like-super-bowl-contenders
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/these-bengals-may-be-the-best-in-franchise-history/

I can do this all day.  Looks like we can safely disregard your opinion on what a Super Bowl team looks like.
Reply/Quote
You guys got to figure out how guys like Fred toast are lol everything the Bengals do he will agree with. Fans are just dumb to him. If marvin was fired mid season, he'd probably show up and say it was time to move on. These fans are like zombies of mike brown, or he could be Mike brown himself.
Reply/Quote
How does Marvin justify punting on 4th and 1 down 21 at own 40 terrible decision. we more than likely would have lost anyway. trying the 50 yard fg down 21 on 4th and 5 was nearly as bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yates was still a terrible starting QB. Dalton was not. And what of all the other examples from my earlier post?

Like I said, Marvin Lewis is often out coached. No way you lose some of those games, you sir are a scholar.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm going to get on TV tomorrow and say well the Bengals are gonna suck again this season but you know we looked like a Super Bowl team last season according to fredtoast - so there's that. And wait for the rolling on the floor laughing to start.

I don't even understand what your point is.

Everyone on TV agreed that the Bengals looked like a Super Bowl team last year before Dalton was injured.

That has nothing to do with this season, and your whining this year does not change reality.  If you had went on TV last year squealing to fire Marvin Lewis when we were 8-0 that is when you would have heard a lot of laughing.

And please post a link to all of your "fire Marvin" posts from last year when we were 8-0.  .  .  .  Oh wait, there aren't any.  You can't link any because you didn't make any.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You guys got to figure out how guys like Fred toast are lol everything the Bengals do he will agree with. Fans are just dumb to him. If marvin was fired mid season, he'd probably show up and say it was time to move on. These fans are like zombies of mike brown, or he could be Mike brown himself.

I am not always in favor of everything the Bengals do.  But I also don't hate on everything the Bengals do.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And please post a link to all of your "fire Marvin" posts from last year when we were 8-0.  .  .  .  Oh wait, there aren't any.  You can't link any because you didn't make any.

I have to agree here.  When we kept Marvin after 2010 it was clear he was going to be here for life, good or ill.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to agree here.  When we kept Marvin after 2010 it was clear he was going to be here for life, good or ill.

No it was not clear at all.

If it was that cut and dried then Marvin would be getting long contract extensions instead of just one year at a time.
Reply/Quote