Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought?
(01-25-2017, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Not really, but whether he retires this year or not, his eventual retirement is inevitable, so there's no sense getting worked up either way.  

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson).  Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be.  LOL

I remember when Joe from Florence would post Bens and Palmers stats every week--until the numbers went the wrong way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 03:25 PM)rfaulk3 Wrote: In 2005 Carson was better than Ben. FULL STOP.

Overall, no. 

That's why when someone says "in 2005..." you can't come back with "time has proven us Steelers fans right." On another good team, Carson could have been a HOFer.

Well, I agree Carson was better in 2005. Classic passer.

But I have to say, Ben did very well as a rookie. Once he stepped in for Maddox, every Steeler fan could see he gave us a better chance to win. He was, indeed, clutch. And he only got better.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 10:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, I agree Carson was better in 2005. Classic passer.

But I have to say, Ben did very well as a rookie. Once he stepped in for Maddox, every Steeler fan could see he gave us a better chance to win. He was, indeed, clutch. And he only got better.

I would have given you a better chance to win. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I would have given you a better chance to win. 

Perhaps you missed your shot, then. Wait, how old are you?  I'm sure Ben won't go more than 3-4 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 07:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Perhaps you missed your shot, then. Wait, how old are you?  I'm sure Ben won't go more than 3-4 years.

I'm 49 and the only time I ever touched the football was if I recovered a fumble, so my window may be closed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's Brucey's time to shine.  ThumbsUp

[Image: 74514014.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 10:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm 49 and the only time I ever touched the football was if I recovered a fumble, so my window may be closed.

LOL, I'd say so.
Reply/Quote