Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Loses Control Of His Team Again
(01-10-2016, 03:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Coughlin would be my choice, he still wants to coach and is a no BS guy.

They should have gone with Coughlin the first time but he wanted team control and Mikey "***** for brains"
didn't want to cede control because his daddy was a football genius.
Reply/Quote
Of course I don't think they will replace Marvin, but the city is so gut punched right now that if they don't, they will lose a lot of season ticket holders IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's obvious we're going to fire Marvin, the only question is are we hiring Bruce Coslet or Dave Shula to replace him?

Why is it obvious?  I just don't think MB will fire him.
Reply/Quote
I think the headlines around the nation are telling the full story. This loss is different. Add that to the fact we're looking at a shake up in coaching anyway, and it looks like it's time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
first coach in NFL history to go 0-7 in the playoffs. that stat is and in of itself.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:18 AM)Rattler Wrote: They should have gone with Coughlin the first time but he wanted team control and Mikey "***** for brains"
didn't want to cede control because his daddy was a football genius.
Yup, makes ya sick to think the 1 coach with the same team longer than Marvin has 4 SB wins, the coach just behind Marvin has 2 SB wins and Marvin cant even get 1 freakin playoff win. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:24 AM)WildCat Wrote: first coach in NFL history to go 0-7 in the playoffs. that stat is and in of itself.

I'm not saying it isn't justified.  I'm saying Mike Brown won't do it.  Mike Brown will say he won the division and went 12-4 and probably give him a raise.
Reply/Quote
I clicked on thread only to say that Coughlin is the perfect candidate. He's known as a disciplinarian that coaches classy teams. He's old (69), but it works out great because we only need him for a few years to take advantage of this talent and instill some discipline.

If not him, Payton is rumored to be available for a 2nd. Of course, we all know a Marv extension is coming. If that happens, I probably won't be posting as much this year. I'm spent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I clicked on thread only to say that Coughlin is the perfect candidate. He's known as a disciplinarian that coaches classy teams. He's old (69), but it works out great because we only need him for a few years to take advantage of this talent and instill some discipline.

If not him, Payton is rumored to be available for a 2nd. Of course, we all know a Marv extension is coming. If that happens, I probably won't be posting as much this year. I'm spent.

Don't worry. We are a golf clap away from the super bowl. Marvin Lewis forever!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I clicked on thread only to say that Coughlin is the perfect candidate. He's known as a disciplinarian that coaches classy teams. He's old (69), but it works out great because we only need him for a few years to take advantage of this talent and instill some discipline.

69 is pretty dang old.  He's practically as old as Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's obvious we're going to fire Marvin, the only question is are we hiring Bruce Coslet or Dave Shula to replace him?

I bet Chip Kelly is waiting by the phone. Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:11 AM)OONately120 Wrote: It's obvious we're going to fire Marvin, the only question is are we hiring Bruce Coslet or Dave Shula to replace him?

Sarcastic?? Because I'm not so sure after 13 years
Reply/Quote
I want Hue or Sean Payton as head coach of this team. I think Marvin has done a great job and would prefer to keep him around as a GM or some main front office role but I think this team needs a different voice in the Locker room.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to come around to the idea of a new coach.
Thanks for drafting all these great players for us.
But it's time to let a real leader take control.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:29 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not saying it isn't justified.  I'm saying Mike Brown won't do it.  Mike Brown will say he won the division and went 12-4 and probably give him a raise.

Yep - because Mikey Brown is a dumb ass...everything he touches turns to shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:32 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: 69 is pretty dang old.  He's practically as old as Mike Brown.

Well Mike is 81, but yeah 69 is old. Like I said though, he only needs a few years. Either way, we need someone new. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well Mike is 81, but yeah 69 is old. Like I said though, he only needs a few years. Either way, we need someone new. 

It will be hard to get fans interested in another year of Lewis.
Reply/Quote
my mom is about to turn 68. i vote she become our new head coach. just throwing that out there. she might win as many games as marvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:58 AM)WildCat Wrote: my mom is about to turn 68. i vote she become our new head coach. just throwing that out there. she might win as many games as marvin.

But can she win a playoff game?
Reply/Quote
Hire David Shaw
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote