Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Loses Control Of His Team Again
[Image: marvin_sucks_zps47fvauvt.png]
Reply/Quote
I just don't see the Burfict play as an emotional one. It was a football play that went wrong. That happens in a football game. It wasn't a late hit, he didn't target the head, the guy ducked into what was clearly a shoulder-leading, chest aimed tackle. Unfortunate? Yes. Emotional or out of control? No. These things happen in football games. The Adam Jones thing? Was an overreaction on the ref's part, but Adam needs to be smarter. One player went overboard and everyone says "lost control of the team". I'm just not buying it. It's a stupid narrative that CBS's telecast tried to shove down everyone's throats, and has no basis in reality.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:34 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: This really isn't Marvins fault.

Or course not.  It never is.

I mean, what type of idiot blames a head coach for the way his team performs?   Confused
Reply/Quote
Lewis just stood there in shock and did nothing to control his team. He was probably still thinking about the Hill fumble. Its his responsibility to take take control of his team and calm them down. but typical Lewis he did nothing
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:04 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Or course not.  It never is.

I mean, what type of idiot blames a head coach for the way his team performs?   Confused

If you can't see the ciricumstances throughout the game--the inconsistency by refs and the the escalating aptomshere--I don't know what to tell you man.

What transpired tonight is a first . No coach would've known how to react themselves much less their team.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Yeah?

When you're done fuming, realize that the refs handed this game to the Steelers on a silver platter for inconsistency and inability to enforce the rules.

You're fuming.

But it doesn't matter. An illegal hit is an illegal hit. Shoving a coach is still shoving a coach.

Plain and simple.

Had the game in hand, didn't keep composure.

Where was Marvin during these critical times? How many times did he take Burfict out of the game to calm him down?

Marvin didn't handle his players. Point. Blank. Period.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You're fuming.

But it doesn't matter. An illegal hit is an illegal hit. Shoving a coach is still shoving a coach.

Plain and simple.

Had the game in hand, didn't keep composure.

Where was Marvin during these critical times? How many times did he take Burfict out of the game to calm him down?

Marvin didn't handle his players. Point. Blank. Period.
Reply/Quote
A coach illegally on the field actively provoking you...

A coach that coaches the same players that celebrate while your teammate lays motionless on the ground. But don't let context get in the way of your little crusade.
Reply/Quote
Yea Porter should not have gone on the field but Pac Man shouldn't have acted like a thug getting a flag.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:14 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A coach illegally on the field actively provoking you...

A coach that coaches the same players that celebrate while  your teammate lays motionless on the ground.  But don't let context get in the way of your little crusade.

Refs aren't going to notice that. They are going to notice a player shoving a coach. That's how it works. Words are words. Actions speak louder than words.

Plus, the Bengals gave up 15 yards on an illegal hit before hand too.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:21 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Refs aren't going to notice that. They are going to notice a player shoving a coach. That's how it works. Words are words. Actions speak louder than words.

Plus, the Bengals gave up 15 yards on an illegal hit before hand too.

A defense that for the most part stopped Pitt.

A defense playing against a wounded QB.

So the refs don't say "Hey, that guy that got shoved isn't supposed to be here, so offsetting penalties"? They just see "UGGGGG Player shove FLAG HURRR"

Really?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:28 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A defense that for the most part stopped Pitt.

A defense playing against a wounded QB.

So the refs don't say "Hey, that guy that got shoved isn't supposed to be here, so offsetting penalties"? They just see "UGGGGG Player shove FLAG HURRR"

Really?

Offsetting penalties? What?

And Burfict hit Brown illegally. You can't deny that.

The Adam Jones part you can argue because of Joey Porter. But actions are actions. Players lost their cool.

Reply/Quote
I can't deny the hit was illegal. I can deny that there was much he could do about it. He wasn't targeting, he didn't aim for his head. He aimed at the middle of his chest with his shoulder and the offensive player ducked his head. Still got hit in the head, still a penalty, but one of those penalties that comes about as a consequence of normal football, not as some super-emotional, crazy play.
Reply/Quote
We're not talking about Burfcit, are we?

Porter was on the field ILLEGALLY, clearly not checking on Brown, and PROVOKING THE OTHER TEAM IN THEIR HUDDLE.

What do you mean "Offsetting penalities, huh'? Or do you think that's legal in the NFL? Without the Jones penalty, the FG kicker is barely in range and we still have a winnable game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:55 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: We're not talking about Burfcit, are we?

Porter was on the field ILLEGALLY, clearly not checking on Brown, and PROVOKING THE OTHER TEAM IN THEIR HUDDLE.

What do you mean "Offsetting penalities, huh'? Or do you think that's legal in the NFL? Without the Jones penalty, the FG kicker is barely in range and we still have a winnable game.

Steelers were at the 32 yard line. That's still a chance at making a field goal, correct?

It was at the Bengals 47. Then goes to their 32 yard line after Burfict.

Doesn't. Matter. What. Porter. Was. Saying.

Refs are going to see a player push a coach. Plain and simple.

Is it fair? Not quite. But you need to KNOW you don't touch the opponent's coach.

Reply/Quote
Why would Marvin take 55 out? He had made a huge sack that got the team going, makes what looks like a game clinching pick. He made a stupid mistake buying don't think he was head hunting at that point. Pac and the rest of the team should of walked away form porter. I don't think Marvin lost control. The refs never had control of the game and it bit us
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:39 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I mean I'll wait and see, because this was an, uh, "special" circumstance, but one thing I've learned is that Mike is a big picture kind of business man.

And in his big picture we were 12-5. 

And 0-7 in the playoffs. That would be the eqquilavant of me telling  you I was a great investor and made you money all year but in the last week your stocks tanked because I didn't account for the market correction and you lost money for the year.  

Would you call me a big picture investor because you were ahead all year but still ended up in the red by years end?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:15 AM)WildCat Wrote: we'll keep marvin and lose our O and D co-ordinators. plain n simple. just adds to the shitty feeling we already have.

mostly likely true  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Mr. Brown,

Please fire someone. Show us you understand.

Fan_in_Kettering
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When will Marvin get his extension? We know it is gonna happen....Its the Bengals way. People say Mike Brown wants to win more than anybody, but obviously he is not willing to do what it takes to win. Marvin has a lifetime contract and he knows it. We are still in football Purgatory people......it is just masked behind 10 wins instead of 3 win seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote