Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Loses Control Of His Team Again
If Marv gets extended, oh my. Any other circumstance than what happened last night would of got him an extension. Not losing that way. Nope. Don't see it
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:29 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If Marv gets extended, oh my. Any other circumstance than what happened last night would of got him an extension. Not losing that way. Nope. Don't see it

Is his contract up this year?  
Reply/Quote
It ended like some kind of movie... Giving them 30 yards like that ... Really??
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Is his contract up this year?  

He's here thru 2016... I meant MB usually don't like his HC coaching a lame duck year 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Reading this a lot of you act like they lost control in the last minute. The whole game was borderline on edge penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I get the game is emotional, but these guys were a inch from a penalty the whole game.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
We all know he's going to get a yearly extension so idk we even talking about it. Mike Brown is so scared to go back to being a horrible team that he is ok with just being one and done screw the fans and the city.
Reply/Quote
I think if that game went on 4 more quarters each team would have 3rd stringers all over the field. That was old-school football, too bad.

I think I won't remember the penalties, I'll remember Jeremy's fumble. And gio's hit not being called (dirty). This just cemented how dirty the Steelers are, so many non football plays that affected the outcome.

Jeremy's fumble imagery is burnt into my head.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I know that it's true, but the Bengals have to realize how the fans are never going to trust them again if they make no changes.  

Mike Brown doesn't care how the Bengals feel. If they spoke with their wallet, he would just look to move the team. 

People need to understand, fans have no say or power in how an NFL owner runs his franchise.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Yeah?

When you're done fuming, realize that the refs handed this game to the Steelers on a silver platter for inconsistency and inability to enforce the rules.

The refs were not good but Hill handed Pittsburgh the game when he fumbled. 

Basic football 101. Secure the ball first. There was no need to play hero and fight for yards in that situation.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mr. Brown,

Please fire someone.  Show us you understand.

Fan_in_Kettering

Deaf ears are staring blankly into the distance. 

Reply/Quote
Firing someone immediately is not understanding. It's acting with your emotions instead of your intelligence. I'd be happy for the Bengals to move on to a new head coach, but I want it to be sorted out rationally over time, not based on a knee jerk the day after an emotional loss.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:29 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Firing someone immediately is not understanding. It's acting with your emotions instead of your intelligence. I'd be happy for the Bengals to move on to a new head coach, but I want it to be sorted out rationally over time, not based on a knee jerk the day after an emotional loss.

How long does Marvin Lewis have to fail in the same way before we can consider canning him something other than a knee-jerk and emotional reaction?  Are we going to wait until we are 3-13 and Andy and Green are headed off to FA contracts and we have nothing to offer or build upon BEFORE we hire a HC?  Is that the way we do it?

With that being said, I know we aren't getting rid of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I'm just saying a couple of weeks. Once we've got the replacement lined up. If we can find someone better, then I'm all for pulling the trigger. I just want to know we have a plan for a quality replacement and aren't about to go dumpster diving because everyone wanted to fire him today.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:49 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I'm just saying a couple of weeks. Once we've got the replacement lined up. If we can find someone better, then I'm all for pulling the trigger. I just want to know we have a plan for a quality replacement and aren't about to go dumpster diving because everyone wanted to fire him today.

Would a 12-4 team with an established QB need to dumpster dive?  IF we have to dumpster dive (and we might, IF Marvin ever gets canned), it is going to be because of Mike Brown, not because of our record, talent, or team.  
Reply/Quote
A 12-4 team might have to dumpster dive if they scared away all the good coaches by knee jerk firing a coach who just went 12-4. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If the 12-4 makes us attractive, then it also would make coaches wary of a fanbase and ownership that are calling for someone's head after the 12-4.
Reply/Quote
lewis should be fired because he had 12 season to win and has not or because he he is 0-7 in the playoff. Every other owner in the NFL would have fired Lewis by now because he has shown he can not win. Its become a joke that hes still a head coach. Coaches get fired after they show they cant win or advance the team. This team is loaded with talent and of the playoffs in the first round again. And thats because Lewis is the head of this snake. How many more chances does this guy get. 12 years with no playoff wins by the same head coach is a record that will never be broken in the NFL. And know this there window is closing fast.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:55 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: A 12-4 team might have to dumpster dive if they scared away all the good coaches by knee jerk firing a coach who just went 12-4. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If the 12-4 makes us attractive, then it also would make coaches wary of a fanbase and ownership that are calling for someone's head after the 12-4.

Again, if firing Marvin Lewis after 13 years with 0 post-season success, an 0-7 playoff record, and 6 one-n-dones in 7 season is knee-jerk then you and I simply can't agree on the reality of this situation.  
Reply/Quote
Getting rid of Lewis is only party of the problem because a proven coach doesn't want to work for Brown even with all the talent on the team. People dont respect Brown or like him. He may be one of the worst owners of all time. I mean really Cincinnati once tried to sue him for not putting a product on the field. Just cant defend Lewis any longer he has only shown he cant win a big game even at home.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:24 AM)GodFather Wrote: And 0-7 in the playoffs. That would be the eqquilavant of me telling  you I was a great investor and made you money all year but in the last week your stocks tanked because I didn't account for the market correction and you lost money for the year.  

Would you call me a big picture investor because you were ahead all year but still ended up in the red by years end?

No, but I'm not Mike Brown.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm looking at things the way I believe Mike would look at them, whether the fact that I agree or disagree is besides the point.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:01 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: When will Marvin get his extension? We know it is gonna happen....Its the Bengals way. People say Mike Brown wants to win more than anybody, but obviously he is not willing to do what it takes to win. Marvin has a lifetime contract and he knows it. We are still in football Purgatory people......it is just masked behind 10 wins instead of 3 win seasons.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M20bcf0fcc844fd0d450624aaecf53...=222&h=167] =====Purgatory

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mb67ba17ae33772d77ae5c000c470b...=300&h=300]====Hell
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote