Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Loses Control Of His Team Again
Marvin must go he lost control of this team. I would like anyone to answer this. Name a coach in NFL history who kept his job for 12 years without a single playoff win. There is only 1 and it's Lewis. Look Im sure hes a nice guy but he is a terrible head coach who should have been fired years ago. Going in to this game his last playoff loses his team was out scored in the second half 57 to 6, and that is bad coaching. I said it before Brown should have made Mike Zimmer the head coach.
Reply/Quote
Can someone explain to me how one somewhat overagressive defensive play, and one shoving penalty, involving two players equals "lost control of the team?" Why are we buying into this BS media narrative?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I clicked on thread only to say that Coughlin is the perfect candidate. He's known as a disciplinarian that coaches classy teams. He's old (69), but it works out great because we only need him for a few years to take advantage of this talent and instill some discipline.

If not him, Payton is rumored to be available for a 2nd. Of course, we all know a Marv extension is coming. If that happens, I probably won't be posting as much this year. I'm spent.

Payton resigned with N.O., I wanted him too.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:15 AM)Stormborn Wrote: We won't fire him, we won the division and 12 games.

Not even this, this atrocity, will change Mike's thought process.

I think everyone else also thinks this and that's what makes it even worse. The BIG difference this time is there's no scape goat for Marvin. ( injuries, etc)
Reply/Quote
Marvin will get an Extension after the worst loss in team History and maybe one of the worst in NFL history. Don't worry.....Marvin knows his job is safe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:24 AM)GodFather Wrote: I think everyone else also thinks this and that's what makes it even worse. The BIG difference this time is there's no scape goat for Marvin. ( injuries, etc)

You're right, there's no scapegoat in a game where their franchise starting QB was injured.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Lewis lost control of the team and not only that he allowed Pitt to drive all the way down the field with a QB who couldn't throw the ball down field because of a injured arm. There is a lot of talent on this team and this guy is no leader he soft.
Reply/Quote
I made it about one minute into Marvin's press conference and I turned it off for the sake of my computer monitor.

Talking like a man who knows his job is safe.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:28 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Marvin will get an Extension after the worst loss in team History and maybe one of the worst in NFL history. Don't worry.....Marvin knows his job is safe.

I know that it's true, but the Bengals have to realize how the fans are never going to trust them again if they make no changes.  
Reply/Quote
This really isn't Marvins fault.

Given the circumstances, this loss was on the refs not doing their jobs AGAIN!

The circumstances are so different this time that I don't think many coaches could've handled it.
Reply/Quote

I've overlooked Marvin as THE problem because I'm ignorant to how Cincy's FO actually works. For us loyal fans, we remember life before Marvin when the drafts were terrible. So it's like we'd rather keep our John Cooper and have talented teams and hope they put it all together for the big game.

Today, Marvin proved why he shouldn't be back. Even the biggest Lewis apologist could claim that Marvin makes all the decisions and Tobin is just an adviser, lets play along and say that's the case for whatever reason. Regardless of what DeCastro and Shazier did, Marvin handed the ball to a fumble prone RB in the rain with the game virtually locked. McCarron taking a knee 3 times at least kills their timeouts and pins them back inside their 10 after a Huber punt with a minute left. You can't change Burfict's game, but after he lost the Denver game you would think Marvin would have struck fear into him to NEVER let that exact thing happen again....and it did. He seemingly did a good job with Jones, but that was the nail....it happened under his watch.

So this goes beyond being a joke in the national media, but now we're talking about a few players taking away a win from some current Bengal greats that would have meant a lot. It doesn't matter your or my opinion of Marvin, it's just obvious a change has to come. No matter how much talent and how well he has drafted, an undisciplined few turned on him and ruined whatever good he had going. Time to cut Burfict as an example that future teams will learn form mistakes, no matter the talent. Time for Hue to take the reigns and Tobin to make the decisions no matter the title.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:24 AM)GodFather Wrote: I think everyone else also thinks this and that's what makes it even worse. The BIG difference this time is there's no scape goat for Marvin. ( injuries, etc)

I mean I'll wait and see, because this was an, uh, "special" circumstance, but one thing I've learned is that Mike is a big picture kind of business man.

And in his big picture we were 12-5. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:20 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Can someone explain to me how one somewhat overagressive defensive play, and one shoving penalty, involving two players equals "lost control of the team?" Why are we buying into this BS media narrative?

Totally agree.

THe media never mentions how the refs let this get out of hand by not calling a helmet to helmet hit (intentionally), but calling a shoulder to helmet hit (THat was unintentional).

Coach did not cause the fumble, or the hit, or the shoving penalty.  THe players choked when it mattered.
If Hill just held on to the d*mn ball, instead the script would have been how great a coach Lewis is that he was able to rally the team to come back from 0-15.

It was unfortunate luck.

Tonight was devastating.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:28 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Marvin will get an Extension after the worst loss in team History and maybe one of the worst in NFL history. Don't worry.....Marvin knows his job is safe.

Worst in history?  Hilarious

A poor reffing job and it's worst in history?

I recall a crucial interception last year during superbowl.

Marvin will get an extension cause he is 12-5 for the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:46 AM)moemoron Wrote: Worst in history?  Hilarious

A poor reffing job and it's worst in history?

I recall a crucial interception last year during superbowl.

Marvin will get an extension cause he is 12-5 for the season.

The key word there is Super Bowl...you're welcome
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:34 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: This really isn't Marvins fault.

Given the circumstances, this loss was on the refs not doing their jobs AGAIN!

The circumstances are so different this time that I don't think many coaches could've handled it.

They could have taken Burfict out. They could have actually brought him to the sidelines to calm him down. But Marvin didn't.

Doesn't matter. This team is 0-7 in the playoffs under Marvin. 2 times they didn't have a fully healthy QB. But there's zero reason they should have lost this game. It all comes down on Marvin.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I know that it's true, but the Bengals have to realize how the fans are never going to trust them again if they make no changes.  

If this game has any of the after effects that it should, I think Marvin will be absolved of any wrongness on his part.

This wasn't like the regular season game a few weeks ago; it was a primetime game. The NFL is gonna look like blubbering asses in many regards when the press talks more about what happened tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:20 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Can someone explain to me how one somewhat overagressive defensive play, and one shoving penalty, involving two players equals "lost control of the team?" Why are we buying into this BS media narrative?

Hit a player in the head when he didn't have the ball and shoving a player at the end of the game is losing control of the team. Especially when one player was showing high emotions during the game.

Marvin lost control of the team. Plain and simple. Should have brought Burfict back and let him calm down. But he didn't.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:56 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: If this game has any of the after effects that it should, I think Marvin will be absolved of any wrongness on his part.

This wasn't like the regular season game a few weeks ago. The NFL is gonna look like blubbering asses in some many regards when the press talks more about what happened tonight.

I agree. I've never seen a game like this. The refs let it get out of hand. There were so many calls the refs were forced to make--calls on plays right on the edge of being legal/illegal. Is a coach allowed to behave like Porter did? Are you allowed to bait players into penalties? When can you call roughing (I'm thinking Gio hit)?

This game raises a lot of player safety and conduct questions--and officiating ones as well.
Really, a great game to watch. I kinda wish I wasn't emotionally attached to one team.
Imagine being an unbiased viewer to the level of football on display tonight.

This game should be talked about.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:51 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They could have taken Burfict out. They could have actually brought him to the sidelines to calm him down. But Marvin didn't.

Doesn't matter. This team is 0-7 in the playoffs under Marvin. 2 times they didn't have a fully healthy QB. But there's zero reason they should have lost this game. It all comes down on Marvin.

Yeah?

When you're done fuming, realize that the refs handed this game to the Steelers on a silver platter for inconsistency and inability to enforce the rules.
Reply/Quote