Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Takes Over as DC
I actually like this. Better than Haslett.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/12/marvin-lewis-taking-control-bengals-defense-teryl-austin-fired/

Linky
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Makes sense. Hard to argue with not promoting probably our worst position coach.

Reply/Quote
I don't know about this...Marvin already seems pretty in over his head at HC at times and now he's going to dust off his DC resume after 16 years? Interesting, if nothing else. Clearly, I'm going to spin this as Mike Brown being a cheap-o, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know about this...Marvin already seems pretty in over his head at HC at times and now he's going to dust off his DC resume after 16 years? Interesting, if nothing else. Clearly, I'm going to spin this as Mike Brown being a cheap-o, though.

If he was that worried about being cheap he wouldn’t have fired Austin in the first place.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he remembers what a blitz is lol.
Reply/Quote
Two sensible decisions by the Cincinnati Front Office in the space of an hour? Mike Brown must be taking that jellyfish based brain supplement.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Makes sense. Hard to argue with not promoting probably our worst position coach.

Yep....I agree.  Let's see what ol Merv has up his sleeve, can't be any worse, can it? Nervous

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....I agree.  Let's see what ol Merv has up his sleeve, can't be any worse, can it? Nervous

Yes it can get worse. If the D turns to at least 'meh' and we just miss the playoffs it will be enough to save ML for another year. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Great, I'm doing cartwheels in front of semi's now!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep....I agree.  Let's see what ol Merv has up his sleeve, can't be any worse, can it? Nervous

Let’s remember why Marvin was hired. It was for his great year as DC of the Ravens where his 2000 defense set the all time scoring record by allowing a stingy 9.4 points per game.
Reply/Quote
I can't shake the feeling that these decisions mean we will be seeing Hue hired as a special assistant head coach to be Marv's right hand man

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:38 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Yes it can get worse. If the D turns to at least 'meh' and we just miss the playoffs it will be enough to save ML for another year. 

We still have a playoff spot right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he was that worried about being cheap he wouldn’t have fired Austin in the first place.

True, but I can see him saying "Well, I don't like paying one guy to do nothing...but I do like paying someone nothing to do the job the first guy is now getting paid to not do!"

(11-12-2018, 12:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s remember why Marvin was hired.  It was for his great year as DC of the Ravens where his 2000 defense set the all time scoring record by allowing a stingy 9.4 points per game.

I also remember when the 1-8 HC of the Raiders was really good, too.  Time will tell!
Reply/Quote
Glad they made the decision to fire Austin, but, here's the issue; If the Bengals defense improves just a little bit, I can see Mike Brown extending Marvin as Head Coach solely on the basis that the defense improved from 32 to 29. I mean, if they hold Oakland to 350 total yards, Hobson will write about how this defense is showing shades of the 2000 Ravens defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:38 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Yes it can get worse. If the D turns to at least 'meh' and we just miss the playoffs it will be enough to save ML for another year. 

Hell, maybe he'll be worse, and then they'll have to fire him. Ninja

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We still have a playoff spot right now.

Record wise, yes you're right. I had just as much optimism as anyone, but after watching that shit show yesterday (could only stand 1 quarter of it) this team isn't anywhere near playoff quality.....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)pally Wrote: I can't shake the feeling that these decisions mean we will be seeing Hue hired as a special assistant head coach to be Marv's right hand man

Lets do it
Reply/Quote
That news excited me lol this is going to be interesting,way better then sticking with austin,which everyone is always confused and wide open receivers every where.
Reply/Quote
why didnt Marvin just take over the role in the off season?
Im gonna hire a DC whos resume as a DC
isnt even close to mine and somehow that makes us a better team?
Reply/Quote