Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED!
In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business, and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

I'm fired up! Sounds like a new Marvin!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business, and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

Wait till the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
And it only took 15 years...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

I'm fired up!  Sounds like a new Marvin!

A rather paradoxical topic for a head coach that has never been held accountable.
Reply/Quote
Are you kidding? It was a typical Marvin presser, and nothing really new came out of it. I listened to the whole thing live on the radio, and there was nothing about it that even would resemble getting me fired up.

At this point, I could care less what he says or any of them say. Until we actually see it in action, then I might consider getting somewhat excited again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And it only took 15 years...
Better late than never..........
(01-04-2018, 03:33 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Are you kidding? It was a typical Marvin presser, and nothing really new came out of it. I listened to the whole thing live on the radio, and there was nothing about it that even would resemble getting me fired up.

At this point, I could care less what he says or any of them say. Until we actually see it in action, then I might consider getting somewhat excited again.

Watch the video of it and tell me that it doesn't get you a little excited. It was anything but typical.

Usually, it's just him giggling and saying "we're going to play with what we have and we just gotta get better," but now he's saying "we're going all-out to win and you better be performing or you're gone, and we're bringing in quality coaches to make sure that things are done right."

I don't know how you can't be excited.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Better late than never..........

Watch the video of it and tell me that it doesn't get you a little excited.  It was anything but typical.

Usually, it's just him giggling and saying "we're going to play with what we have and we just gotta get better," but now he's saying "we're going all-out to win and you better be performing or you're gone, and we're bringing in quality coaches to make sure that things are done right."

I don't know how you can't be excited.

Simply an observation, but you're a rather easily excitable lad, aren't you.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

lol. Stop it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
lol... if I was immortal, I wouldn't mind.
Reply/Quote
Lol I thought he would be talking on ESPN or something
Reply/Quote
Coaching changes and player changes are the only ways to tell if anything has really change until free agency comes around. We will have to wait for the preseason and regular season games to find out if we still are playing conservative or aggressive. We are all happy that the o line coach is gone I don't think there is one poster that is sad to see him go. Lets see how many right moves they make this offseason and how guys are held accountable when the players get back on the field.
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown walking with Marvin after reading your post...
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

In all seriousness, it got me excited too Bang Head ... I just don't think you're going to get too many hopes up for a coach with 15 years of failure under one team. I'm a realist, I'm also excited, I can't help it because it does seem different, but I'm withholding from exploding in my pants until I see some hardcore proof that this man is no longer known as 'Giggles', but known as the King of the AFC North. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business, and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

I think most people , myself included, are in the I see better than I hear mode. And rightfully so. Only time will tell.
Reply/Quote
The New Marvin.....I think you just coined a phrase Brad. Hilarious

I've decided that as much as I didn't want Marvin back I'm not going to constantly post negativity unless it's deserved. (Although it probably will be immediately) But will give this time to play out. Me constantly bitching on here isn't going to change anything.
Reply/Quote
So how did it go for the second half of the press conference?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:18 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So how did it go for the second half of the press conference?

Stop it!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This is good news. I've heard head coaches really turn the corner as they approach their second decade.
Reply/Quote
Actions speak louder than words. Prove it Marvin.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: R-3254696-1322538512.jpeg.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Fish, meet Hook! Don't fall for it! Have you learned nothing?
Reply/Quote