Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin said Ross was not apart of the plan going in
hope Marv is not a part of the 2018 game plan
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 11:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Every person picking in the top 11 should feel bad for not drafting Watson, regardless of apparent need at the position.

yes.  Watson is amazing.  better than i thought
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 02:44 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm confused...you guys were surprised by this? Or at least some of you? I doubt John Ross breaks 20 receptions this year, let alone 'factors' into gameplans.

Oh, and gameplans? Did Marvin have one? Dude let the only weapon they have get 10, 11 receptions? Most on crucial third downs.

20 receptions seems a little low, but after thinking about it, it's probably about right. I'll say his first reception is against the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 11:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: 4 receivers taken in last two drafts and all it takes is one for the Steelers (JuJu) to find a star and the next Whines Hard. #fail

Making matters worse they turned down both KC and Houston trade. We ould use those pics now to rebuild the Oline.

I don't believe it is the player at all.  I believe it is just another ridiculous example of sitting more talented players for those that are veterans or are being paid more.

Look at the Colts game:  

WJIII isn't the starting CB?

MJ starts at RDE (and does absolutely nothing), while Jordan Willis (who did block a punt) Chris Smith (who helped end the Colts last drive with an awesome spin move) and Carl Lawson (BS penalty, but still got another sack) all were sitting on the bench.  

Brandon Lafell starts over Ross and Malone, despite being able to be covered by my 85 year-old father.  (If some of you saw, Lafell gestured to my dad after his whopping 15 yard reception and said:  "Want to race, Derrolle?".  Well, my dad wasn't warmed up so he declined...it was kind of a cold day and he has a gimpy knee  Ninja).

Jeremy Hill still gets carries over Mixon and Gio.  And this is a guy that never catches a ball and is horrible in blitz pickup...so, when Hill is in the game, anyone else think it is a run?  So does the other team.

Bodine still starts over TJ Johnson, who is probably an improvement, but we only have a very limited sample size to base this on.  

Marv basically fears mistakes...and sets his lineup to avoid the so-called rookie mistakes.  He wants to be the team that doesn't make turnovers and lose the game, but he has almost come to be the guy that would punt on third and 10 rather than risk a play that might yield a sack or INT.  He simply tries not to lose, and doesn't play to win.  That is why his team is a proverbial corpse in terms of energy and enthusiasm.  That is not what inspires a team to play big.  That is what puts a team and its fan base to sleep.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:32 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Noticed that Mixons big screen pass was partially open due to a fake to Ross..

Making plays without making plays. Still, why is this guy not out there more?

This is true and a good observation, but just like Tony Pike said in the post game show:  They need to stop treating Ross like he is some kind of gimmick.  Line him up out wide and watch the DB back up two steps.  Throw him a quick pass and he gets five yards before the defender is on him.  He either gets a couple more yards and is tackled or beats the guy in the open field and is off to the races.

Like Pike also said:  "I will never understand why coaches don't take those easy yards and make the defense alter their scheme to stop it".  

So true. 

Ross needs a couple slants and screens to get in to the game.  He isn't just a deep threat.  He is the #1 playmaker coming out ot the draft and on any other team, he would be showing that.  
Reply/Quote
At this point I would have to think Ross is in somehow way shape or form not ready physically to get hit. Merv is very secretive when it comes to player's health issues. Could it be his shoulder?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: At this point the longer he is here the more damage he does.

Crushing our first round picks confidence. Good coaching marv. You da man

2nd rounders too. Imagine being Tyler Boyd a few weeks ago and being a healthy scratch. Or Mixon last week getting no touches in the second half.
This coaching staff treats young players like dirt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't believe it is the player at all.  I believe it is just another ridiculous example of sitting more talented players for those that are veterans or are being paid more.

Marv basically fears mistakes...and sets his lineup to avoid the so-called rookie mistakes.  He wants to be the team that doesn't make turnovers and lose the game, but he has almost come to be the guy that would punt on third and 10 rather than risk a play that might yield a sack or INT.  He simply tries not to lose, and doesn't play to win.  That is why his team is a proverbial corpse in terms of energy and enthusiasm.  That is not what inspires a team to play big.  That is what puts a team and its fan base to sleep.  

Exactly this. Marvin Lewis and the Bengals organization are afraid. They would rather be solid with low risk than try to go to the next level with higher risk. It's why I believe the Bengals are perennially pseudo-contenders but can't win anything worthwhile but also never a true bottom feeder.

Here's what I want to know...what exactly are these players learning from riding the bench? I only hope they have someone sitting with them pointing things out while they are sitting on the bench. If they are expected to somehow figure out what to learn by themselves, well that's not coaching. You can't just expect that those on the bench will magically see something they've been doing wrong or whatever and the light bulb turns on.

Players learn best by doing. I look at a guy like Alvin Kamara in New Orleans. He was behind Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram on the Saints depth chart. The Saints still realized how good he could be and played him in meaningful snaps, eventually leading to them trading away a great veteran presence like Peterson because they realized Peterson wasn't worth getting snaps over Ingram and Kamara. Now Alvin Kamara is putting up 100+ yards from scrimmage nearly every game. The Bengals should have followed suit with New Orleans and moved their third RB that contributes the least (Jeremy Hill) to give more opportunities to the two primary RBs (Bernard and Mixon).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At this point I would have to think Ross is in somehow way shape or form not ready physically to get hit. Merv is very secretive when it comes to player's health issues. Could it be his shoulder?

This may be my ignorance, but doesn't a full practice involve getting hit? If he wasn't physically ready to get hit, wouldn't he have remained a limited participant in practice all last week?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This may be my ignorance, but doesn't a full practice involve getting hit? If he wasn't physically ready to get hit, wouldn't he have remained a limited participant in practice all last week?

I don't think they hit/tackle during practice (with the exception of Burfict).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 11:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think they hit/tackle during practice (with the exception of Burfict).

That explains why we see so many missed tackles from our defense during games then Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At this point I would have to think Ross is in somehow way shape or form not ready physically to get hit. Merv is very secretive when it comes to player's health issues. Could it be his shoulder?

But they had him in there blocking for a (failed) running play.  I just cringed when he tried to take on a linebacker.

So if they're worried about his physical status they are REALLY making a bad decision to put him out there
Reply/Quote
Can't wait until this human turd is fired.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't believe it is the player at all.  I believe it is just another ridiculous example of sitting more talented players for those that are veterans or are being paid more.

Look at the Colts game:  

WJIII isn't the starting CB?

MJ starts at RDE (and does absolutely nothing), while Jordan Willis (who did block a punt) Chris Smith (who helped end the Colts last drive with an awesome spin move) and Carl Lawson (BS penalty, but still got another sack) all were sitting on the bench.  

Brandon Lafell starts over Ross and Malone, despite being able to be covered by my 85 year-old father.  (If some of you saw, Lafell gestured to my dad after his whopping 15 yard reception and said:  "Want to race, Derrolle?".  Well, my dad wasn't warmed up so he declined...it was kind of a cold day and he has a gimpy knee  Ninja).

Jeremy Hill still gets carries over Mixon and Gio.  And this is a guy that never catches a ball and is horrible in blitz pickup...so, when Hill is in the game, anyone else think it is a run?  So does the other team.

Bodine still starts over TJ Johnson, who is probably an improvement, but we only have a very limited sample size to base this on.  

This may be the single best post I have ever seen on here. Absolutely nailed it!
Reply/Quote
I just want to live to see the day when Marvin is not part of the game plan.
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote
Marv is just stubborn beyond belief sometimes, especially with young players. On an offense that sorely lacks play making receivers not named AJ, and with Eifert out, he should be chomping at the bit to get Ross on the field. Instead, "he's not part of the game plan."
Reply/Quote
John ross=even less talented derrius Hayward-bey
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 12:55 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: John ross=even less talented derrius Hayward-bey

Wow. That is a great comparison. Hayward-Bey went what 5th or something?

I'm sure the Raiders thought they were getting a super fast WR who was complete.
Reply/Quote
Reporter: Was John Ross a part of the plan going into the game?
Marvin: Who?
Reply/Quote
Rant
If Ross ain't part of the game plan why waste a #1 pick on him? I think Marvin has been eating to many Fruit Loops! i don't know but I think MB has been eating breakfast at the same table with Marvin! I didn't watch the game as my protest still continues. But, I just listen to what you guys say on this forum.                                                                      
Reply/Quote