Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin wanted Reuben Foster
I hope Mods will leave this in JN, because I want Bengal fan's responses to this discussion:

Marvin wanted Reuben Foster. Even after he got thrown out of the combine, and had the "diluted sample", Marv saw his athletic ability and wanted him.

I wanted Ross, but I don't mean this thread to be about Ross and his Marv Issues.

Foster has been arrested for pot and no domestic violence with possession of an illegal assault rifle in the same month. He is likely facing a six game suspension.

Had the Bengals drafted him, they would be right back where they started reputation-wise. And they would be without another high draft pick. So Marv acts like a douche and doesn't play Ross because he wanted Foster. Thank God the Bengals didn't listen to him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope Mods will leave this in JN, because I want Bengal fan's responses to this discussion:

Marvin wanted Reuben Foster.  Even after he got thrown out of the combine, and had the "diluted sample", Marv saw his athletic ability and wanted him.  

I wanted Ross, but I don't mean this thread to be about Ross and his Marv Issues.

Foster has been arrested for pot and no domestic violence with possession of an illegal assault rifle in the same month.  He is likely facing a six game suspension.  

Had the Bengals drafted him, they would be right back where they started reputation-wise.  And they would be without another high draft pick.  So Marv acts like a douche and doesn't play Ross because he wanted Foster.  Thank God the Bengals didn't listen to him.

Source for "Marvin Wanted Reuben Foster"?
Reply/Quote
Marvin loves physical lb's. We dodged a bullet but have nothing to brag about with the failed Ross pick. at 9. At least Rueben went in the late 20's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
omg a 6 game suspension?! yeah, good thing we didn't draft him, it really would of been a shame if our first round pick missed that many games.

.....oh wait
Reply/Quote
Where are you getting this from? Are you Marvin's gardener who he spills all his insight to?
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAtUHp_SFU

Not exactly verifiable, but yea. It's out there.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAtUHp_SFU

Who is that guy?

Does he have a credible source?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 10:57 AM)Gohards Wrote: omg a 6 game suspension?! yeah, good thing we didn't draft him, it really would of been a shame if our first round pick missed that many games.

.....oh wait

6 games in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who is that guy?

Does he have a credible source?

No idea.

Like I said, not a verifiable source. Just that the idea has been stated before this incident.
Reply/Quote
If it's on YouTube you can count on it being carved in stone as well..the lone bastion of the unfettered truth.

You gotta admit that at least the Bengals aren't the most thugish team anymore.  The 49ers have completely risen above and beyond whatever perception of Bengal thugism may have had. But of course that perception will remain because of the win/loss records and the fact that they play in the same division as the golden boys of good behavior .

Seems a tad odd, but in the NFL play on the field always seems to trump moronish behavior . It seems nearly impossible to be stupid enough to make your off field issues over shadow how many tackles or INTs or sacks you may have had.. if you're a good enough player there will never be a shortage of apologists ready and willing to have at the ready plenty of excuses. IDK. Sometimes I just want to give up on even reading about all their known crimes and misdemeanors and continue to believe that they're all saints and upstanding citizens for the feel good effect. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sorry, but a Youtube video of a guy looking at his phone isn't a source. This is nothing more than hearsay at this point, and frankly there are plenty of reasons to get on Marvin this is not one.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 12:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry, but a Youtube video of a guy looking at his phone isn't a source. This is nothing more than hearsay at this point, and frankly there are plenty of reasons to get on Marvin this is not one.

Are you trying to convince us that a video of a guy looking at his phone isn't as credible as actual certified evidence? Now I'm truly disappointed. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
First time ive heard that Marvin wanted Foster. Do you have a link to support this claim or are you just using it to bash Marvin?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 11:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAtUHp_SFU

Dude....no. 
Reply/Quote
I posted before we drafted John Ross that we were going to draft John Ross. I got that information the night before the draft from a credible source (coach on the team).

The Bengals coaching staff loved Ross and the speed that he would have added to the offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude....no. 

I'm not saying I believe that Lewis wanted Foster or that this source was anything of note.

People asked where this idea came from, and that video is a "where this idea may have come from" type of thing.

*shrug*
Reply/Quote
1- Marvin could've wanted Foster or 20 other guys, we probly won't ever know. All we do know is he didn't seem to want Ross.
2- If he did want Foster, good. Hindsight is 20-20, but based on our needs and BPA at that time, Foster>Ross. I'll take a defensive playmaker with a diluted sample over a guy who isn't likely to have a 16-game season 100% healthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:13 PM)Benton Wrote: 1- Marvin could've wanted Foster or 20 other guys, we probly won't ever know. All we do know is he didn't seem to want Ross.
2- If he did want Foster, good. Hindsight is 20-20, but based on our needs and BPA at that time, Foster>Ross. I'll take a defensive playmaker with a diluted sample over a guy who isn't likely to have a 16-game season 100% healthy.

We would have been leading the NFL in LB suspensions too.  You have no clue if Foster was the BPA, that is just a guess. We havent even seen what Ross can do because of our hard-headed coach. Read the articles of WJ III and his epic season and tell me why he wasn't starting from day one!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:13 PM)Benton Wrote: All we do know is he didn't seem to want Ross.

How do we know this?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 01:13 PM)Benton Wrote: 1- Marvin could've wanted Foster or 20 other guys, we probly won't ever know. All we do know is he didn't seem to want Ross.

Actually after Ross's pre draft visit he felt Lewis Brown and Lazor were really interested in him. Ross is quoted saying he got really steong vibes from each. A few weeks later Lapham was saying the Bengals were targeting Ross. 

Edit: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/28/15466438/john-ross-on-bengals-amazing-vibe-coach-lewis
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote