Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron >< Kaepernick
Before you all go crazy, I'm just curious if Mc still has any trade value. The way this Offensive line looks, we may be better off with a fast backup QB in Kap if Andy was to go down.
Kap has been to a Super Bowl (actually won playoff games), has more experience, and could be a decent fit for the Bengals. Cincinnati has a reputation as the place where NFL castoffs can go for either one last hurrah, or to rejuvenate their careers. Kaepernick definitely fits the bill. Plus, it looks like no other team will touch him, so he'll probably come cheap.
In McCarron's case, he only has 1 year left on his deal and will for sure be moving on (I really can't see a situation where he resigns to backup Dalton). I'd say instead of trying to get a '18 draft pick for him......there has to be at least a handful of quality young OL players that are sitting on the bench behind All Pros in the league. Maked perfect sense for a "Win Now" approach.

So seriously, why not give Kap a shot??
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:53 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Before you all go crazy, I'm just curious if Mc still has any trade value. The way this Offensive line looks, we may be better off with a fast backup QB in Kap if Andy was to go down.
Kap has been to a Super Bowl (actually won playoff games), has more experience, and could be a decent fit for the Bengals. Cincinnati has a reputation as the place where NFL  castoffs can go for either one last hurrah, or to rejuvenate their careers. Kaepernick definitely fits the bill. Plus, it looks like no other team will touch him, so he'll probably come cheap.
In McCarron's case, he only has 1 year left on his deal and will for sure be moving on (I really can't see a situation where he resigns to backup Dalton). I'd say instead of trying to get a '18 draft pick for him......there has to be at least a handful of quality  young OL players that are sitting on the bench behind All Pros in the league. Maked perfect sense for a "Win Now" approach.

So seriously, why not give Kap a shot??

Kap may fit the bill as far as a cast off goes, but he doesn't fit the bill in our offensive system.  He's a horrible fit here.  He's not a good pocket passer and he doesn't make the quick decisions necessary in our system.

He won playoff games with his running ability and a system that was tailored to him (along with a top 3 defense and top 3 coach)

All of the other "castoffs" like Pacman, Reggie Nelson and others have been good fits in our scheme.  Kap isn't
Reply/Quote
I have seen where kap wants 9 million a year. I don't think so

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
The time to trade McCarron was in the draft. Pretty much every team who needed a QB drafted someone.

With Kizer, the Browns wouldn't want him.
With Trubiani, the Bears won't.
With Watson, the Texans won't.

The value teams are willing to trade for him would be low...as they don't need QB's as they have younger options.

As far as Kaepernick...I don't know. Denver supposedly wanted him 2 years ago...and didn't touch him this offseason. It says a lot that teams that needed a QB could have just signed him without trading compensation...and didn't.

It says a lot that the 49ers didn't want to bring him back.
Reply/Quote
I've floated this idea to a friend before, and I liked the idea of dealing McCarron and picking up Kaepernick before the draft.  The problem with this is that the league wants Kaep OUT.  Anyone who signs him will be the pariah of the league(already Bengals territory) and will be punished by the other owners I feel.  Is it worth it to take the risk?  I would.  I doubt that anyone in the league will.
Reply/Quote
I'm good. Kaepernick's girlfriend has had a profound affect on his mentality and I think football just isn't that dude's primary focus anymore.

Even if I were able to put aside that ridiculous protest, the piggy socks, the Castro shirts etc etc, I just don't like where his mind is at for football.

Plus I think he wants starting caliber money + an opportunity to at least fight for a job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Only way McCaron has trade value for the rest of the year is based off a starter going down, and even then it would have to be gruesome enough that the future is in doubt....see Bridgewater.
Reply/Quote
No thank you. There's a reason he's out of The NFL; his pocket passing is subpar and he brings to much baggage with the media attention, he brought on himself. Not going to lie if C Kap could still ball like in 2012 then hails yeah!
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap3000000791359/Fact-vs-Perception-The-Next-Gen-Stats-book-on-Colin-Kaepernick Stats say he's still got it
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The time to trade McCarron was in the draft. Pretty much every team who needed a QB drafted someone.

With Kizer, the Browns wouldn't want him.
With Trubiani, the Bears won't.
With Watson, the Texans won't.

The value teams are willing to trade for him would be low...as they don't need QB's as they have younger options.

As far as Kaepernick...I don't know. Denver supposedly wanted him 2 years ago...and didn't touch him this offseason. It says a lot that teams that needed a QB could have just signed him without trading compensation...and didn't.

It says a lot that the 49ers didn't want to bring him back.

Agree 100% with everything said here.  I am surprised no one took the McCarron path and tried to add to their roster in other spots with all their draft picks.  I guess Cleveland did as close to what I was hoping they would do:  draft two (ended up being three) talented player that can impact your roster in year 1 and then took the QB in Rd 2.  Essentially, that was the pick I wanted for McCarron.  You can't blame them for taking the guy with Kizer's upside. I hope he pans out for them.  (Browns are a distant second favorite to the Bengals...would love Ohio to go 4-0 against putzburgh).

I think the Bengals will stand pat with AJ and only move him this year if a team has a Bridgewater-esque injury that forces their hand.  As much as I don't want to see any QB hurt (almost any), if this happened to a team like the Dolphins, Titans, Cardinals, etc., I would think they might give AJ a look before Kaepernick.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 04:49 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap3000000791359/Fact-vs-Perception-The-Next-Gen-Stats-book-on-Colin-Kaepernick Stats say he's still got it

The only stat they use to say he is good is TD to int ratio. Other than that they showed that he was below average even in the pocket and barely above throwing into tight windows.

But on tht other hand the claims that he wants $9 million a year or is just looking for a starting job are false.  No teamknows what Kaepernick wants because no team has asked.

My perception is that based on skill alone Kaepernick should have a job as a back up somewhere.  But teams are staying away from him because of questions about his dedication to football (he lost too much weight last off season apparently to please his girlfriend) and his political positions.  Players are allowed to take any politcal position they want but when you start wearing pig socks and Che Guevera t-shirts busunesses that depend on pleasing a fan base are going to pass you over.

It is not some evil plan or collussion between owners.  It is just a business decision.
Reply/Quote
Not just no but Hell NO!!!! It only took DC's one year to figure him out, and he has suckeed every since. Let alone the fact he let's his girlfriend do his thinking for him, insulted every police officer in the Nation, disrespected our National Anthem, wears clothing honoring Communist murderers, etc. etc. I'd rather have 11 Pacmans than one Kaeperdick.
Reply/Quote
BTW for anyone who thinks we need a running QB to survive behind our O-line, the only time I watched Driscol play in college he looked more like a running back than a QB
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good. Kaepernick's girlfriend has had a profound affect on his mentality and I think football just isn't that dude's primary focus anymore.

Even if I were able to put aside that ridiculous protest, the piggy socks, the Castro shirts etc etc, I just don't like where his mind is at for football.

Plus I think he wants starting caliber money + an opportunity to at least fight for a job.

I browse message boards to keep up with the team and NFL looking for insight and nothing screams insight into a player like some biased misogyny. 
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 09:57 AM)yang Wrote: I browse message boards to keep up with the team and NFL looking for insight and nothing screams insight into a player like some biased misogyny. 

It may be a case of bad timing, but many of Kaepernicks problems have arose since he statrted changing his life because of the influence of his girlfriend.

He became a vegan in 2015 and lost a ton of weight.  At first he tried to lie about it, butit was so obvious that he ahd to admit it.  Then he tried to blame it on offseason surgeries, but none of them would have kept him from eating enough to lose that much weight.

And it is clear that he became much more socially active after he started dating Nessa Diab.  If his activism ends up hurting his career then it is clear that it was initiated by dating Nessa.

I really have no problem with professional athletes protesting, but Colin just mucked it all up.  He started protesting before  he was doing a lot of other stuff to address the problems of blacks in America.  Then he started protestring with no real goal in sight.  he neevr said exactly what had to change before he would stand again for the national anthem.  If you are going to activiely protest you have to have a clear goal.  Not just saying "until things get better".

Then the "pig" socks and Che Guevera t-shirts made it look like he was just trying to stir up trouble instaed of actually address problems.

The protest would not have been so bad if he had just done it a little smarter.
Reply/Quote
McCarron fits the Bengals offense and is a lot like AD in playing style. (which is good for a back up)

I wouldn't want Kaepernick. He's not that good of a player. He's a distraction and an attention ho.

The NFL and its players need to realize that the fans like football but love our country, the flag and the Constitution.

We watch football for a break from this kind of s@#$.

Football players should play football.

Actors should act.

and

Fans should tell you how bad you suck.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Been saying all along there is nothing that is so special about McCarron that we can't replace him with another solid backup. We needed to strike while the iron was hot and the perspective is that he can be something. The NFL moves so quickly he will be forgotten about sooner than later and lose his trade value.

If Kaep wasn't blacklisted and didn't have all of these bogus rumors around him he'd be on a team competing and at the very least would be one of the best backups in the league.

Was he overrated during his 15 minutes? Yes but he still would be one of the best backup QBs in the league. I'd sign him pending he is committed to football.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 10:51 AM)tigerseye Wrote: The NFL and its players need to realize that the fans like football but love our country, the flag and the Constitution.

We watch football for a break from this kind of s@#$.

Football players should play football.

Actors should act.

and

Fans should tell you how bad you suck.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. I lost all respect for this guy because of his BS protest and refusing to stand for the national anthem. As Fred said earlier, he had no goal in his protest. It was very clear he was only trying to get attention. Not to mention his fro looks hideous. People have a right to protest and I encourage it. However, at least know WTF you are protesting and what your goal is by doing so. Guy is a plague and I would love it if he never wore a football uniform ever, for any team. I would be horribly embarrassed if Mike Brown even considered it for a split second.

Doughebag!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 09:57 AM)yang Wrote: I browse message boards to keep up with the team and NFL looking for insight and nothing screams insight into a player like some biased misogyny. 

Hilarious 

Wait you're serious?

Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 10:51 AM)tigerseye Wrote: The NFL and its players need to realize that the fans like football but love our country, the flag and the Constitution.

The people protesting love this country also.

And if you loved the Constitution so much you would not be so eager to punish anyone who exercises his rights.

You are 100% entitled to disagree with Kaepernick, but don't try to act like "love of country" and the Constitution are on your side against Kaepernick.
Reply/Quote