Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron >< Kaepernick
(05-18-2017, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When the 49ers had a loaded roster, he was a good QB.

Now that their roster is terrible, he's considered a bad QB.

Interesting how the NFL works.

Two separate things.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 11:00 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Also he didn't start donating money until after being ripped for being a over privileged millionaire.

Incorrect.

He has done numerous charity works before this year. One close to him has been called "Camp Taylor".  A charity that offers several programs for young people and families of children with heart disease.

He had been helping that since 2011 and then started his own golfing fundrasier in 2014. It's called Against All Odds.

He started doing that annually since he signed his big contract.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 08:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Incorrect.

He has done numerous charity works before this year. One close to him has been called "Camp Taylor".  A charity that offers several programs for young people and families of children with heart disease.

He had been helping that since 2011 and then started his own golfing fundrasier in 2014. It's called Against All Odds.

He started doing that annually since he signed his big contract.

Big deal. Anyone can volunteer their time to help out kids. He didn't start shelling out the big bucks until he was pressured to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 09:35 AM)McC Wrote: It's a little strange that he protested nothing until his career started going belly up.  Must just be a huge coincidence.

Of course it was a conincidence.  Nothing hurts a struggle player more than taking an unpopular politcal position.

It is always more genuine when the protests has a bigger personal cost.  This will end up costing him millions.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 11:38 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Big deal. Anyone can volunteer their time to help out kids. He didn't start shelling out the big bucks until he was pressured to.

So the reason you hate Kaepernick is beacus he donates time and money to help kids?

Really?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 08:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course it was a conincidence.  Nothing hurts a struggle player more than taking an unpopular politcal position.

It is always more genuine when the protests has a bigger personal cost.  This will end up costing him millions.

So, in other words, a cry for attention that backfired.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 08:35 AM)McC Wrote: So, in other words, a cry for attention that backfired.

Nothing about it backfired.  He got TONS of attention.

What are yiou trying to say?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 08:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing about it backfired.  He got TONS of attention.

What are yiou trying to say?

You yourself said it cost him millions.  That, and a job.  Sounds like a swing and a miss to me.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 08:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So the reason you hate Kaepernick is beacus he donates time and money to help kids?

Really?

You need to go back and read some of my previous replies. I'll help you out. Go back and read posts 73, 75, and 78.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 08:53 AM)McC Wrote: You yourself said it cost him millions.  That, and a job.  Sounds like a swing and a miss to me.

The purpose of Kaepernick doing what he did was to raise awareness and get people talking about the issues he was protesting.
That part was accomplished.
It may have been the reason he no longer has a job, but he wasn't doing it for personal gain.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2017, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm good. Kaepernick's girlfriend has had a profound affect on his mentality and I think football just isn't that dude's primary focus anymore.

Even if I were able to put aside that ridiculous protest, the piggy socks, the Castro shirts etc etc, I just don't like where his mind is at for football.

Plus I think he wants starting caliber money + an opportunity to at least fight for a job.

My thoughts exactly and i will add that i don't like Kaepernick either.

I actually wanted us to draft him, so glad we got the good man Dalton instead.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:53 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Before you all go crazy, I'm just curious if Mc still has any trade value. The way this Offensive line looks, we may be better off with a fast backup QB in Kap if Andy was to go down.
Kap has been to a Super Bowl (actually won playoff games), has more experience, and could be a decent fit for the Bengals. Cincinnati has a reputation as the place where NFL  castoffs can go for either one last hurrah, or to rejuvenate their careers. Kaepernick definitely fits the bill. Plus, it looks like no other team will touch him, so he'll probably come cheap.
In McCarron's case, he only has 1 year left on his deal and will for sure be moving on (I really can't see a situation where he resigns to backup Dalton). I'd say instead of trying to get a '18 draft pick for him......there has to be at least a handful of quality  young OL players that are sitting on the bench behind All Pros in the league. Maked perfect sense for a "Win Now" approach.

So seriously, why not give Kap a shot??

It's a very valid question.  McCarron has experience in this offense, which gives him a big advantage.  Kap has boat loads more potential though.  I don't agree with Kap's approach, but I'd be excited if we signed him.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 10:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The purpose of Kaepernick doing what he did was to raise awareness and get people talking about the issues he was protesting.
That part was accomplished.
It may have been the reason he no longer has a job, but he wasn't doing it for personal gain.

I doubt this.  Most of the time Attention = More $$$.  It's a simple equation but generally it holds true for better or worse.  He just didn't count on the backlash.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Dalton is head and shoulders a better QB than Kaepernick. He is also a much better human being who loves his country and does 10 times the charity work. We made the right draft choice grabbing Dalton instead of him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote