Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
McCarron hype gaining steam
(06-21-2015, 11:58 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Back up QB is always the coolest guy on the team.

Except if his name is Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 11:17 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Except if his name is Andy Dalton.

[Image: AndyDalton_StruggleFace.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 09:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The ever elusive "something" that people see in a guy that hasn't done anything yet. It's not uncommon by any stretch, just don't be too disappointed when you see him live and he's underwhelming. 
Oh, I won't. I'm just a fat hack sitting at home on my laptop. If I had a real head for the game, I'd be working for a program somewhere.
(06-21-2015, 10:10 PM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: It's nice that there are some reports he seems to be competent in practice so far, but isn't it kind of hard to see that he "has that something" and is "winning over the locker room"?  He hasn't even taken a snap in a preseason game.  I'd like to see something on the field first.

The guy has that ability to take over situations and lift team members up.
Andy showed that ability in the first year, then seemed to get a little more timid with the team.
I guess the best way to say it is that AJ is a "man's man" and Andy is just one of the guys.
I will state for the record again that I think that Andy can possibly take us to the big dance, but AJ has the attitude that dynasties are built upon.
Intangibles and all, I guess.....
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 11:17 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Except if his name is Andy Dalton.

Good thing he's not the backup.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Happy to see we might be able to still compete if something happens to andy
Reply/Quote
I'm believing that if Andy goes down with injury, AJ will take over and never look back. Andy is a good serviceable QB (even Trent Dilfer won a superbowl), but AJ has the intangibles of a champion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, I won't. I'm just a fat hack sitting at home on my laptop. If I had a real head for the game, I'd be working for a program somewhere.

Your name has 'roto' in it. I thought you already WERE a program!! Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This thread is gross.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:10 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Sorry, I do not see Dalton "losing" his head in most cases...especially the playoff games....

1st Houston game....Houston ran all over our defense...Dalton had the pick (a great play by Watt) right before half time...Coaches panicked and Dalton threw 24 times in the 2nd half for 42 attempts total...His picks in the second half were because of him having to throw too many times when we got behind because our defense  could not stop Foster...I do not recall any panic or Dalton "losing his head"

2nd Houston game...Dalton played OK in this game nothing spectacular but we did have a chance to take the lead late in the game...He missed Green in the end zone by about a foot and also had one that Green should have caught that could have lead to a TD...I do not recall Dalton "losing his head" in this game either...I do remember a certain coach that decided not to throw a pass to AJ Green in the first half..INTENTIONALLY!!!

Chargers game...This the one that I did not understand...undefeated at home all season..home playoff game...just beat this team at their place a few weeks earlier...the entire team crapped down their legs on game day...we got outplayed in every aspect...Dalton had a decent game and he had costly mistakes in 3 series in the second half.... I am still not sure what happened in the 2nd half of this game...we took the lead at halftime...come out in the 2nd half...abandoned BJGE running the ball (he was averaging over 5 YPC in the game)...had Andy throwing the ball all over the place (51 attempts) even though we never got down by 2 scores until the end of the 3rdQ... SDs running game thrashed us in the 2nd half....This loss should have never taken place...I do not put this one on Dalton though...he did not play great but he played well enough to win....

Indy game...Not even a discussion here...Burkhead and Bernard were our leading receivers...nothing more to be said...If anyone puts the blame on Dalton for this one is just a pure hater....

These are just my opinions...I am not a homer or a hater when it comes to Dalton..I am in the "he is our best option right now" crowd....

Are you watching the same games as everyone else?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Your name has 'roto' in it. I thought you already WERE a program!! Ninja

My nickname was given by an ex-girlfriend.
I'm sure you can figure it out.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Good. Glad he's getting some praise. He got none last season from the coach. But take it with a grain of salt. Remember when Armon Binns was being praise and was said to be playing very similar to Larry Fitzgerald? Ya know. During training camp.

Let's see how McCarron looks in preseason against defenses that are actually coming after him.

Glad he separated himself from Pryor and Johnson. I would be highly disappointed if he didn't.

I don't see him as a starter. But it's good to hear a backup QB actually getting some love. That's rare around here.
Reply/Quote
Is it possible we are taking a page from the Belichick playbook?

Tout your backup as some hidden talent, ship him off for picks?

If things do work out with Dalton, we could get some value back for McCarron. Although, I would want to keep him as a backup.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 02:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Good. Glad he's getting some praise. He got none last season from the coach. But take it with a grain of salt. Remember when Armon Binns was being praise and was said to be playing very similar to Larry Fitzgerald? Ya know. During training camp.

Let's see how McCarron looks in preseason against defenses that are actually coming after him.

Glad he separated himself from Pryor and Johnson. I would be highly disappointed if he didn't.

I don't see him as a starter. But it's good to hear a backup QB actually getting some love. That's rare around here.

well he didnt even throw a pass last camp so he wasnt gonna get any praise lol..

but yes its still OTAs and many have been hyped up while in shorts just to disappoint later.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 09:22 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't think he will beat Andy out, but Andy better never miss a game.
I feel AJ has been winning over the locker room.
I think he is the swagger that Whit wants to see more of.
I'm not down on Andy, but AJ just has that "something". IMO

You are entitled to believe anything you want, but it is all in your imagination because McCarron has done nothing in the NFL yet to warrant all of your praise.

BTW as I have said before I hope McCarron developes into a good NFL QB. We need a good backup. And if he is better than Andy then I have no problem with that either, but it is just ridiculous to claim he has some magical quality when we have not seen him throw a single pass against NFL competition.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he didnt even throw a pass last camp so he wasnt gonna get any praise lol..

but yes its still OTAs and many have been hyped up while in shorts just to disappoint later.

Amen.

I hope the hype is legit, but let's see him in the preseason at least before we buy into the hype.

For those talking about a QB battle, that will not happen this year. This is Andy's team.
If Andy falters in 2015, there may be a QB battle next year, but Dalton may not even be a part of that. His contract allows the Bengals to cut him with relative ease after the 2015 season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:25 PM)BengalD Wrote: I'm believing that if Andy goes down with injury, AJ will take over and never look back.  Andy is a good serviceable QB (even Trent Dilfer won a superbowl), but AJ has the intangibles of a champion.

Dilfer's playoff performances > Dalton's playoff performances

Saying "Dilfer did it" doesn't hold water until Andy steps his game up in the post-season.  Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:25 PM)BengalD Wrote: I'm believing that if Andy goes down with injury, AJ will take over and never look back.  Andy is a good serviceable QB (even Trent Dilfer won a superbowl), but AJ has the intangibles of a champion.

Care to elaborate
Reply/Quote

Really? Please explain I would love to hear it.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 01:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, I won't. I'm just a fat hack sitting at home on my laptop. If I had a real head for the game, I'd be working for a program somewhere.

The guy has that ability to take over situations and lift team members up.
Andy showed that ability in the first year, then seemed to get a little more timid with the team.
I guess the best way to say it is that AJ is a "man's man" and Andy is just one of the guys.
I will state for the record again that I think that Andy can possibly take us to the big dance, but AJ has the attitude that dynasties are built upon.
Intangibles and all, I guess.....

Please tell us more.

What situations has he shown the NFL ability to take over? I can not believe that every NFL team passed on these "Dynasty" qualities for 4 rounds and just left this guy sitting for us in the 5th round.
Reply/Quote
If McCarron winds up being a gem pick, I'll be ecstatic. However, I'm not getting my hopes up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote