Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
McCarron hype gaining steam
(06-21-2015, 01:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This thread just turned into every other thread in Jungle Noise.

When A.J. doesn't have a good game, it's A.J.'s fault.
When Leon doesn't have a good game, it's Leon's fault.
When Bodine doesn't have a good game, it's Bodine's fault.
When Maualuga doesn't have a good game, it's Maualuga's fault.

When Andy doesn't have a good game.....guess who isn't at fault? Odd.

Blah blah blah, but moooooom, sister was sort of, kind of doing it too!!!!!!!

Besides that one dude, who has been making excuses for Dalton?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Still has not thrown a pass in the NFL preseason or regular.

Lets pump the brakes on expectation til we see at least that lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Besides that one dude, who has been making excuses for Dalton?

Ignore him.  This is his typical BS.  One post means that "Everyone here is a blind Dalton Homer!!"
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So competition will not make him any better.

Damn It!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yet none of this creates a QB controversy anywhere other than in your mind. The starting QB for 2015 is going to be Andy Dalton whether you like it or not.

I'm not "McCarron" about your lack of insight on this issue!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and for some people, it's all 100% Dalton's fault, and no one else is to blame.

Nevermind the clear reality that the HC and 95% of the team have also stunk to high Heaven in the playoffs.

I don't place all of the blame on him. But there are people who give him a pass no matter what

Reply/Quote
What we need are HOF quarterback seeds then we could grow HOF QBs out along the river by PBS, but until they arrive in the mail from China. ..We have Dalton and McCarron and till McC knocks Andy off the top post Andy's our QB and as our QB I'll root for him to have a terrific season. .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 03:04 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Still has not thrown a pass in the NFL preseason or regular.

Lets pump the brakes on expectation til we see at least that lol.

This would make way too much sense.
Reply/Quote
Let's see how McCarron does in preseason games before our impatience with Andy to win a playoff game gets the best of our judgement. If McCarron outshines Andy in pre-season, we will have something to talk about. Until then, I'm just glad to know we might have a decent backup.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
While most of us acknowledge that Dalton isn't the only player on the field to blame he most certainly deserves the bulk of it. His position is critical to a teams success and he has been a complete and utter disaster in the playoffs.

Yes the Bengals haven't played up to their potential but I think we can all agree that in the NFL it all starts with the QB just like in baseball it all start with pitching. If ya don't have a good QB production or good pitching you will get nowhere in the playoffs. We need a much better Andy Dalton if we ever want to progress and after 4 seasons it's safe to say that most of us are losing our patience.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 06:48 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: While most  of us acknowledge that Dalton isn't the only player on the field to blame he most certainly deserves the bulk of it. His position is critical to a teams success and he has been a complete and utter disaster in the playoffs.

Yes the Bengals haven't played up to their potential but I think we can all agree that in the NFL it all starts with the QB just like in baseball it all start with pitching. If ya don't have a good QB production or good pitching you will get nowhere in the playoffs. We need a much better Andy Dalton if we ever want to progress and after 4 seasons it's safe to say that most of us are losing our patience.

One more poor playoff and regular season by our defense and I will lose my patience with them also. Let's hope both the offensive and defensive units get much better in the regular season so we make the playoffs and then neither lays another egg in a playoff game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 06:48 PM)Shady Wrote: Let's see how McCarron does in preseason games before our impatience with Andy to win a playoff game gets the best of our judgement. If McCarron outshines Andy in pre-season, we will have something to talk about. Until then, I'm just glad to know we might have a decent backup.

Oh, we're gonna have the best backup QB in the league in 2015.......his name gonna be Andy Dalton!

BOOOOO YAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I still feel Marvin is the biggest problem. He can't make adjustments and generally panics throughout the third quarter before finally figuring something out late in the fourth. It's been this way during his whole time here.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we gots a bonerfide quarterback controversy on our hands here.

Mellow

The way this thread is going, makes me sad. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:59 PM)magikod Wrote: I told you guys last year, this McCarron kid is going to be giving Dalton a run for his money!

No he won't. Not even a little.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 07:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, we're gonna have the best backup QB in the league in 2015.......his name gonna be Andy Dalton!

BOOOOO YAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok, so you weren't being serious. *whew*. 

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 05:33 PM)Bryan Wrote: I don't place all of the blame on him. But there is one person who gives him a pass no matter what

Fixt
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 07:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, we're gonna have the best backup QB in the league in 2015.......his name gonna be Andy Dalton!

BOOOOO YAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You are bordering on ..................

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjniDRZi5ARQqesny39eO...kYyDwFDOED]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 05:33 PM)Bryan Wrote: I don't place all of the blame on him. But there are people who give him a pass no matter what

I wasn't saying you place all of the blame on him. I was saying there are others that do that. There are silly extremes on both sides, so why single out just one side of it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't think I've seen one guy on here who puts 100% of the blame on Dalton. I am the most anti-dalton guy on these forums and even I understand that we have an inferior coach that deserves some of the blame.

That does not excuse the fact of Dalton's inferior play and atrocious playoff performances however. Too many people on this forum make excuses for Dalton because Marvin isn't a great coach.
Reply/Quote