Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
McCarron hype gaining steam
(06-21-2015, 01:10 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Sorry, I do not see Dalton "losing" his head in most cases...especially the playoff games....

1st Houston game....Houston ran all over our defense...Dalton had the pick (a great play by Watt) right before half time...Coaches panicked and Dalton threw 24 times in the 2nd half for 42 attempts total...His picks in the second half were because of him having to throw too many times when we got behind because our defense  could not stop Foster...I do not recall any panic or Dalton "losing his head"

2nd Houston game...Dalton played OK in this game nothing spectacular but we did have a chance to take the lead late in the game...He missed Green in the end zone by about a foot and also had one that Green should have caught that could have lead to a TD...I do not recall Dalton "losing his head" in this game either...I do remember a certain coach that decided not to throw a pass to AJ Green in the first half..INTENTIONALLY!!!

Chargers game...This the one that I did not understand...undefeated at home all season..home playoff game...just beat this team at their place a few weeks earlier...the entire team crapped down their legs on game day...we got outplayed in every aspect...Dalton had a decent game and he had costly mistakes in 3 series in the second half.... I am still not sure what happened in the 2nd half of this game...we took the lead at halftime...come out in the 2nd half...abandoned BJGE running the ball (he was averaging over 5 YPC in the game)...had Andy throwing the ball all over the place (51 attempts) even though we never got down by 2 scores until the end of the 3rdQ... SDs running game thrashed us in the 2nd half....This loss should have never taken place...I do not put this one on Dalton though...he did not play great but he played well enough to win....

Indy game...Not even a discussion here...Burkhead and Bernard were our leading receivers...nothing more to be said...If anyone puts the blame on Dalton for this one is just a pure hater....

These are just my opinions...I am not a homer or a hater when it comes to Dalton..I am in the "he is our best option right now" crowd....
 I agree about 2014 as the team and offense was decimated by injury at WR and TE. No AJ, Jones, Eifert, Gresham, Wright. Even Dane S. was hurt so AD had a very bad WR corps in the 2014 playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to wonder how far the shoulder issue made McCarron to slip. As I've said all along, I love his leadership potential. He has that Boomer-like ability to lead a huddle.

Now that I'm hearing good things about his pocket presence, etc, I wouldn't mind letting him compete for the starting gig. Maybe not a full blown QB competition, but lets see how he looks in preseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This thread just turned into every other thread in Jungle Noise.

When A.J. doesn't have a good game, it's A.J.'s fault.
When Leon doesn't have a good game, it's Leon's fault.
When Bodine doesn't have a good game, it's Bodine's fault.
When Maualuga doesn't have a good game, it's Maualuga's fault.

When Andy doesn't have a good game.....guess who isn't at fault? Odd.

Blah blah blah, but moooooom, sister was sort of, kind of doing it too!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm not believing the hype much on McCarron. It's hard to get excited about a backup 5th round QB who has never played in the NFL.

With that said I've always maintained that his ceiling is probably similar to Daltons and if he does play up to his potential you'd have to go with him over Dalton because his salary is much less.

Why pay 15-20 million dollars a year for a mediocre turnover prone QB when you possibly have that in a guy making 15x less money.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This thread just turned into every other thread in Jungle Noise.

Don't you know? It's everyone's fault BUT Andy's. 

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:47 PM)Bryan Wrote: Don't you know? It's everyone's fault BUT Andy's. 

I've had to deal with this type of nonsense for years on message forums. It got to the point where I literally ignore the majority of Dalton supporters....
Reply/Quote
I think we gots a bonerfide quarterback controversy on our hands here.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we gots a bonerfide quarterback controversy on our hands here.

Not sure if serious.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:53 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Not sure if serious.

Well,  I said "boner-fide" so yes.  I'm on the McCarron bandwagon now.  I have already decided to tell people who don't think AJ should start as people who are "not McCarron about winning the Super Bowl."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This thread just turned into every other thread in Jungle Noise.

Hi buddy...Let me ask you a question...Do those other players have a game plan?  Do you think a coach ever told Rey to not tackle a player for the entire first half?  I know for fact that Andy was told not to throw to AJ in the first half of the Houston game...Gruden admitted it in an interview that it was part of the game plan.... there is a big difference in what a QB can and cannot control during a game as opposed to other positions....To just blame an entire game on one person is not fair either...I am not making "excuses" for Dalton...I am saying he has had his bad moments...and I was talking specifically about the playoff games.... Our defense getting thrashed by the Houston and Sd running games then the coaches panicking and having Dalton throw 42 and 51 times in a game is not 100% on Dalton...Dalton is going to make mistakes when he has to throw that many times....And a lot of QBs will also.....Our team does not show up on game day in the playoffs...that is not Dalton's fault either..... If those other players have a bad day it more than likely does not cost us the game...When Dalton does it more than definitely cost us the game.....My overall point is that in those playoff games Dalton played well enough to win IF the team had played up to its potential...Also Dalton is not forced into situations that he is not suited for...We all know that he is not the type of player to throw the team on his shouldrs and carry it....So why put him into that situation?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:00 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Hi buddy...Let me ask you a question...Do those other players have a game plan?  Do you think a coach ever told Rey to not tackle a player for the entire first half?  I know for fact that Andy was told not to throw to AJ in the first half of the Houston game...Gruden admitted it in an interview that it was part of the game plan.... there is a big difference in what a QB can and cannot control during a game as opposed to other positions....To just blame an entire game on one person is not fair either...I am not making "excuses" for Dalton...I am saying he has had his bad moments...and I was talking specifically about the playoff games.... Our defense getting thrashed by the Houston and Sd running games then the coaches panicking and having Dalton throw 42 and 51 times in a game is not 100% on Dalton...Dalton is going to make mistakes when he has to throw that many times....And a lot of QBs will also.....Our team does not show up on game day in the playoffs...that is not Dalton's fault either..... If those other players have a bad day it more than likely does not cost us the game...When Dalton does it more than definitely cost us the game.....My overall point is that in those playoff games Dalton played well enough to win IF the team had played up to its potential...Also Dalton is not forced into situations that he is not suited for...We all know that he is not the type of player to throw the team on his shouldrs and carry it....So why put him into that situation?

Are you kidding me? Dalton played well enough to win? Which playoff games are you watching? He has been atrocious in each and every playoff game. The guy has thrown 1 TD to 7 INTs and his QB rating is in the 50s. He's one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history. Your "overall point" is a complete and utter joke my friend.

Get real.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Are you kidding me? Dalton played well enough to win? Which playoff games are you watching? He has been atrocious in each and every playoff game. The guy has thrown 1 TD to 7 INTs and his QB rating is in the 50s. He's one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history.

Get real.

Don't mind him, he's just not really "McCarron" if we win the Super Bowl or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:18 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: What I like about a lot of the articles is their source. These aren't re-hashed statements that originally came from Hobson, these are the views of journalists who are a whole lot more impartial. Think about it this way, the Bengals FO would much rather a lot of noise be made about their 100 mill man in Dalton. This makes me think that this hype may well have some substance to it, makes me excited for the preseason.

How much substance could it actually have? If I am not mistaken the media is only allowed to view one of the mini camp practices a week.
Reply/Quote
The biggest issue I've seen with Dalton in the playoffs is the guys around him. He's had almost no chance. We've gotten dominated in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we gots a bonerfide quarterback controversy on our hands here.

The only controversy is in your mind............. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The only controversy is in your mind............. ThumbsUp

If we can replace a Heisman-winning 1st overall pick can't-miss prospect like Palmer with a 2nd rounder from a small school we can replace Dalton with McCarron.  Life goes on and Dalton won't be in stripes forever.  Next man up.  Upside.  Youth and a lower paycheck, etc!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we can replace a Heisman-winning 1st overall pick can't-miss prospect like Palmer with a 2nd rounder from a small school we can replace Dalton with McCarron.  Life goes on and Dalton won't be in stripes forever.  Next man up.  Upside.  Youth and a lower paycheck, etc!!!

Yet none of this creates a QB controversy anywhere other than in your mind. The starting QB for 2015 is going to be Andy Dalton whether you like it or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 01:47 PM)Bryan Wrote: Don't you know? It's everyone's fault BUT Andy's. 

...and for some people, it's all 100% Dalton's fault, and no one else is to blame.

Nevermind the clear reality that the HC and 95% of the team have also stunk to high Heaven in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I told you guys last year, this McCarron kid is going to be giving Dalton a run for his money!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:59 PM)magikod Wrote: I told you guys last year, this McCarron kid is going to be giving Dalton a run for his money!

Please tell me that you are not insinuating that McCarron will actually push to be anything more than the backup QB in 2015.
Reply/Quote