Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(06-01-2019, 12:56 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Nice! I'm glad there's at least interest from us. Can't get too upset if the guy just has no interest in being a Bengal.

Not much you can do about that other than financial incentives. Although, none of those teams are really glamour franchises either.

IF he visited the Patriots that's another story.

I mean the Browns, really? They were 0-16 2 years ago. I get that they made decent moves, but REALLY?

And the Ravens? Who wants to wear purple???
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 11:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carolina is nicer in the winter than Baltimore and Cleveland too. But, not a SB contender.

Carolina would have to make moves to give him $11 million a year though. I think they had $8-9 million.

I'll admit I don't follow Carolina all that closely, but they were 11-5 two seasons ago. Last year may have been an aberration, and there aren't a lot of teams that have been to a Super Bowl as recently as they have either (4 seasons ago). I can definitely understand why he'd take a look at them, plus like Fred pointed out it guarantees him two games against the Bucs.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:10 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I'll admit I don't follow Carolina all that closely, but they were 11-5 two seasons ago. Last year may have been an aberration, and there aren't a lot of teams that have been to a Super Bowl as recently as they have either (4 seasons ago). I can definitely understand why he'd take a look at them, plus like Fred pointed out it guarantees him two games against the Bucs.

Kuechly and that defense is really good.

They need WR's on offense. They never seem to get them.

Newton plays hurt a lot too. Out of NFC Teams, I'll watch them if they are on usually because I have Kuechly for FF.

That said, I think the Browns and Ravens can offer more money more easily.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I mean the Browns, really? They were 0-16 2 years ago. I get that they made decent moves, but REALLY?

I've been told countless times on these boards that the past 13 years of abysmal Browns football doesn't matter. The last 3 seasons of Bengals football, however, guarantees we are doomed to never do anything of merit ever again.

Gerald McCoy is a confirmed Jungle Noise lurker!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not much you can do about that other than financial incentives. Although, none of those teams are really glamour franchises either.

IF he visited the Patriots that's another story.

I mean the Browns, really? They were 0-16 2 years ago. I get that they made decent moves, but REALLY?

And the Ravens? Who wants to wear purple???

The Rams hadn't had a winning season in 13 years and they turned it around by making moves.  I think the past 2 years have led people to forget how crazy the idea of the Rams being a good team was until quite recently.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 09:05 PM)XsandOs Wrote: And that's the irony of it all. His camp was propagating that he wants to go to a winner.

But he was using Oklahoma Alumni in NFL to vie for him on social media (including Mixon).

And to your point, he is visiting with Teams who aren't necessarily considered as true SB contenders.

Then they were sending feeds through media about interest from 10 Teams and supposedly $11M offers.

He may get an $11M offer with a low base and incentive clauses that would be unrealistic.

So it's a matter of the intersect of ego and money. They have to meet at a point that makes sense for him. He could take less and still be the man on a Team's DL or take more and rotate.

He'll find a home.

He and his agent are playing this expertly, imo. It definitely seems to be more about money. That's why it's dragging on. If it was about winning a championship, he would've taken less and been signed by now. That's probably why the Pats were rumored to be interested, but quickly dropped off the radar.

(06-01-2019, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Rams hadn't had a winning season in 13 years and they turned it around by making moves.  I think the past 2 years have led people to forget how crazy the idea of the Rams being a good team was until quite recently.  

The Rams from 2005-2016 were every bit as bad as the 1991-2002 Bengals. A swift turnaround is very possible. It most often has to do with finding a great HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Rams from 2005-2016 were every bit as bad as the 1991-2002 Bengals. A swift turnaround is very possible. It most often has to do with finding a great HC.

Right-o.  HC and QB combined with good ownership are the keys to victory.  Sadly, it seems like the Bengals are only able to operate at 2/3rds capacity at best, but you never know.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He and his agent are playing this expertly, imo. It definitely seems to be more about money. That's why it's dragging on. If it was about winning a championship, he would've taken less and been signed by now. That's probably why the Pats were rumored to be interested, but quickly dropped off the radar.

The Rams from 2005-2016 were every bit as bad as the 1991-2002 Bengals. A swift turnaround is very possible. It most often has to do with finding a great HC.

I think we check the boxes on the coaching. We will be fine with or without McCoy, but would be nice to have around if reasonable. I think we are all going to be blown away this season with some great results.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He and his agent are playing this expertly, imo. It definitely seems to be more about money. That's why it's dragging on. If it was about winning a championship, he would've taken less and been signed by now. That's probably why the Pats were rumored to be interested, but quickly dropped off the radar.
 Agreed.

And really, given his age and thus future earning potential, it makes sense.

Also, salary is a status and ego thing in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 02:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we check the boxes on the coaching. We will be fine with or without McCoy, but would be nice to have around if reasonable. I think we are all going to be blown away this season with some great results.

Agreed.

Would be a great addition at a reasonable cost.

As importantly, it would be great if he adds to the chemistry of the Team. Don't want another TO - which I don't think he is.

But you have to have some concern about that. He will not be THE Man here, as he was in TB.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 02:27 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

Would be a great addition at a reasonable cost.

As importantly, it would be great if he adds to the chemistry of the Team. Don't want another TO - which I don't think he is.

But you have to have some concern about that. He will not be THE Man here, as he was in TB.

Would he be THE man in Cleveland, Baltimore, or Carolina?  I haven't checked their d-lines lately.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would he be THE man in Cleveland, Baltimore, or Carolina?  I haven't checked their d-lines lately.

No in Cleveland: Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon...

Baltimore lost Suggs (Cardinals) and Za'darius Smith (Green Bay)... So they are looking at Chris Wormley, Brandon Williams, Pernell McPhee. I would say, he could be THE man in Baltimore.

I don't know much, and I know even less outside of the AFCN.

Carolina: Bruce Irvin, Dontari Poe, Kawann Short, Brian Burns
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would he be THE man in Cleveland, Baltimore, or Carolina?  I haven't checked their d-lines lately.

(06-01-2019, 05:09 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: No in Cleveland: Myles Garrett, Larry Ogunjobi, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon...

Baltimore lost Suggs (Cardinals) and Za'darius Smith (Green Bay)... So they are looking at Chris Wormley, Brandon Williams, Pernell McPhee. I would say, he could be THE man in Baltimore.

I don't know much, and I know even less outside of the AFCN.

Carolina: Bruce Irvin, Dontari Poe, Kawann Short, Brian Burns

Thank you PAjwPhilly.

I think Cleveland was unrealistic for chemistry reasons, given that Garret had made a statement about them being fine as they are.

So, Baltimore and possibly Carolina would work. Carolina maybe using McCoy as a ploy to get Short to take a pay cut. Unless they are thinking about moving Short.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the Baltimore defense is not going to be the same as last year. They also lost Eric Weedle and CJ Mosley. So they lost big at all 3 levels of their defense.

They did add Earl Thomas in Weedle's place... So maybe that isn't a loss, lol
Reply/Quote

So you've been telling all the Browns haters, and skeptics to beware, but you don't even know who's on the D line?

I wonder who THE man is on our line. How do you suppose that gets decided?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 06:28 PM)jason Wrote: So you've been telling all the Browns haters, and skeptics to beware, but you don't even know who's on the D line?

I wonder who THE man is on our line. How do you suppose that gets decided?

I'm not saying beware the Browns so much as saying they're not automatically the same old 0-16 squad they were before they hired a new GM, new HC, and changed their roster.

Ehh, whatever...the Browns are crap and will always be crap and the fact that we have a new HC and we won't be playing Jeff Driskel and Auden Tate all year doesn't matter either. The Steelers win it all...oh, what fun.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Colt+Mccoy+Cleveland+Browns+v+Philadelph...XNrUZl.jpg]

Wasn't McCoy already a brown once? Why would we want him, he stunk when he played for them before. Let them have him back.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Rams hadn't had a winning season in 13 years and they turned it around by making moves.  I think the past 2 years have led people to forget how crazy the idea of the Rams being a good team was until quite recently.  

That is true. Although they weren't 0-16 bad.

Not sure I like making Kitchens the HC just because he was a decent fill-in OC.

But, I'd trade our roster and GM for their roster and GM in a second. Especially GM. Rosters might not be as far apart as people think, but theirs is younger.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 07:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That is true. Although they weren't 0-16  bad.

Not sure I like making Kitchens the HC just because he was a decent fill-in OC.

I think the Rams were more like the Dolphins in their 7-win purgatory sort of thing after they got away from the REALLY bad seasons.  Still, the idea of them being in the SB after what....13 losing years in a row and looking like they had a bust QB in Goff was pretty hard to believe.

Methinks the thing about making Kitchens the HC is that they wanted to keep him in Cleveland and he wasn't going to stick around otherwise.  He could be in way over his head, though just like I say ZT could be, so time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Shady Wrote: Cap casualty, owed $13 million this year. This would be his 10th season. IDK. Colts also have interest. I think he fits ZT's character mold. Could be a good pick up for a couple of years.
This post has been on here for a pickin week,can anyone post anything NEW ? He will not be coming here,which to me is a big mistake on his part,but he is much older,and has not performed up to his money. Bucs let him go for a reason. We have a ton of beasts just waiting to get on the field and I seriously believe we have more than enough on defense most of you have never seen play,but believe me they are going to be a very good D.Now someone post something on here that is new and says something.I want to hear from Harley Dog ,he makes me laugh and always has something interesting to say.Now lets go,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS A NEW DEY!!!!!!! :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote