Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(06-01-2019, 07:30 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This post has been on here for a pickin week,can anyone post anything NEW ? He will not be coming here,which to me is a big mistake on his part,but he is much older,and has not performed up to his money. Bucs let him go for a reason. We have a ton of beasts just waiting to get on the field and I seriously believe we have more than enough on defense most of you have never seen play,but believe me they are going to be a very good D.Now someone post something on here that is new and says something.I want to hear from Harley Dog ,he makes me laugh and always has something interesting to say.Now lets go,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS A NEW DEY!!!!!!! :andy: ThumbsUp

There's nothing new. He visited 3 teams. No decision.

The Bucs didn't waive him because he was bad. It was because they didn't want to play him $13 million a year.

Honestly, it's not like TB is going to win a SB this year. They signed Suh and saved $3-4 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 08:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's nothing new. He visited 3 teams. No decision.

The Bucs didn't waive him because he was bad. It was because they didn't want to play him $13 million a year.

Honestly, it's not like TB is going to win a SB this year. They signed Suh and saved $3-4 million a year.

Suh is also going from a SB team to Tampa Bay, so that $3 million dollars in savings may not be so sweet if the guy goes nuclear on that situation.  If people think McCoy was let go by Tampa Bay because he was bad then they must have more faith in that franchise than I do.  Sometimes teams let free agents go when they shouldn't, not every free agent is on the market because he's all used up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 07:30 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This post has been on here for a pickin week,can anyone post anything NEW ? He will not be coming here,which to me is a big mistake on his part,but he is much older,and has not performed up to his money. Bucs let him go for a reason. We have a ton of beasts just waiting to get on the field and I seriously believe we have more than enough on defense most of you have never seen play,but believe me they are going to be a very good D.Now someone post something on here that is new and says something.I want to hear from Harley Dog ,he makes me laugh and always has something interesting to say.Now lets go,WHO-DEY ALL DAY.ITS A NEW DEY!!!!!!! :andy: ThumbsUp

(06-01-2019, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Suh is also going from a SB team to Tampa Bay, so that $3 million dollars in savings may not be so sweet if the guy goes nuclear on that situation.  If people think McCoy was let go by Tampa Bay because he was bad then they must have more faith in that franchise than I do.  Sometimes teams let free agents go when they shouldn't, not every free agent is on the market because he's all used up.

The Bucs were in such a dire cap situation that they needed that $3 million to sign their draft picks.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/05/buccaneers-plan-to-release-gerald-mccoy

"The Bucs currently possess barely $1MM and needed to make a move in order to finish up signing draft picks."

Just saying (mostly to fortyyearfan) that this wasn't about production. McCoy did not fall off. He was one of the highest rated interior linemen according to PFF. 6 sacks and 21 QB hits is right on par with his typical production.

The Bucs switching to a 3-4 also played into it. Suh has already played in a 3-4.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bucs were in such a dire cap situation that they needed that $3 million to sign their draft picks.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/05/buccaneers-plan-to-release-gerald-mccoy

"The Bucs currently possess barely $1MM and needed to make a move in order to finish up signing draft picks."

Just saying (mostly to fortyyearfan) that this wasn't about production. McCoy did not fall off. He was one of the highest rated interior linemen according to PFF. 6 sacks and 21 QB hits is right on par with his typical production.

The Bucs switching to a 3-4 also played into it. Suh has already played in a 3-4.

Good point on the cap. McCoy is going to get paid, just depends on who's willing to pay him. He say's he wants to play with a contender, but honestly, neither of the teams he's met will be contending as I believe the Ravens (although highly praised through media) will drop off while the Browns are, well, the Browns and Browns things will happen that keep them being the Browns. As for the panthers, they are not impressive and don't believe any of the teams reported that he is considering are as talented as our beloved Bengals.

The Bengals fan house is about to become a beautiful place to live with or without McCoy. I hope he comes here. but ok if he passes. But in the end, it's all going to be about the money.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're really going to thumb our noses at a 6x Pro Bowler with 6 sacks last year, who was rated highly by PFF?

This is the same boards that hypes guys like Cody Core every year?  Mellow

As for what we'd do with McCoy, I imagine the Rams hated having that problem with Donald and Suh.. all the way to the Super Bowl. 
I do not want him and he will not come here,he is going to be in the browns camp.I personally believe we have some studs on defense most of you have never seen play and we have a lot of really really good players that marvin never gave a chance to shine.I do not want mc coy and I see him in the browns camp.I hope the brownies explode this year.They have been building that team with 1st round talent for 20 years they should go far in the playoffs this year.They are going to be hard to beat for sure.I just want the steelers to lose every game. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 08:41 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I do not want him and he will not come here,he is going to be in the browns camp.I personally believe we have some studs on defense most of you have never seen play and we have a lot of really really good players that marvin never gave a chance to shine.I do not want mc coy and I see him in the browns camp.I hope the brownies explode this year.They have been building that team with 1st round talent for 20 years they should go far in the playoffs this year.They are going to be hard to beat for sure.I just want the steelers to lose every game. ThumbsUp :andy:

IF you could have a perennial Pro Bowl player like McCoy...you take him over and you start him over Billings, Wren, and any other DT on the roster not named Atkins.

I do agree that he's not going to come here. We're struggling to even get him to visit.

Totally disagree about the Browns deserving to win. They could continue losing indefinitely for all I care.

I'd love to see the Steelers go 3-13 too.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 08:41 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I do not want him and he will not come here,he is going to be in the browns camp.I personally believe we have some studs on defense most of you have never seen play and we have a lot of really really good players that marvin never gave a chance to shine.I do not want mc coy and I see him in the browns camp.I hope the brownies explode this year.They have been building that team with 1st round talent for 20 years they should go far in the playoffs this year.They are going to be hard to beat for sure.I just want the steelers to lose every game. ThumbsUp :andy:

Who are some of the studs on defense that most of us haven't seen play? Who among them are "really really good players that marvin never gave a chance to shine?"

In the first category, we have the entire 2019 draft class, meaning 4 guys - Pratt, Wren, Davis, and the cb out of South Dakota. 
In the second category, I can think of Malik Jefferson. Who else?

You ought to start a separate thread on the guys that have you so pumped up that you think we don't need Gerald McCoy. 

And yeah, my second favorite team after the Bengals  is whoever is playing the Steelers. I'm with you. I hope they go 0-16 every year from now to eternity.  :andy: :andy:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
We need more new and innovative excuses to complain about Mike Brown so by all means don't get players like McCoy. In fact Adkins should be released for just some guy who sort of likes football.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 01:39 AM)grampahol Wrote: We need more new and innovative excuses to complain about Mike Brown so by all means don't get players like McCoy. In fact Adkins should be released for just some guy who sort of likes football.. 

well reports said bengals were interested but McCoy never visited so.... that would say McCoy was not interested in coming here.

Or those were false reports used to push his salary demands
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 03:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point on the cap. McCoy is going to get paid, just depends on who's willing to pay him. He say's he wants to play with a contender, but honestly, neither of the teams he's met will be contending as I believe the Ravens (although highly praised through media) will drop off while the Browns are, well, the Browns and Browns things will happen that keep them being the Browns. As for the panthers, they are not impressive and don't believe any of the teams reported that he is considering are as talented as our beloved Bengals.

The Bengals fan house is about to become a beautiful place to live with or without McCoy. I hope he comes here. but ok if he passes. But in the end, it's all going to be about the money.

Agreed. I like our talent much more than the Ravens or Panthers. The Browns are loaded on paper, but I need to see it come together before I'm a believer in that team. It looks like we weren't bringing the money bags because McCoy didn't even visit us and is apparently nearing a decision, according to Pro Football Rumors.

(06-02-2019, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you could have a perennial Pro Bowl player like McCoy...you take him over and you start him over Billings, Wren, and any other DT on the roster not named Atkins.

I do agree that he's not going to come here. We're struggling to even get him to visit.

Totally disagree about the Browns deserving to win. They could continue losing indefinitely for all I care.

I'd love to see the Steelers go 3-13 too.

Cleveland just had a champion a couple years ago. When is our last championship? The Big Red Machine back in the 70's?

(06-03-2019, 12:44 AM)Shady Wrote: Who are some of the studs on defense that most of us haven't seen play? Who among them are "really really good players that marvin never gave a chance to shine?"

In the first category, we have the entire 2019 draft class, meaning 4 guys - Pratt, Wren, Davis, and the cb out of South Dakota. 
In the second category, I can think of Malik Jefferson. Who else?

You ought to start a separate thread on the guys that have you so pumped up that you think we don't need Gerald McCoy. 

And yeah, my second favorite team after the Bengals  is whoever is playing the Steelers. I'm with you. I hope they go 0-16 every year from now to eternity.  :andy: :andy:

We pull this stuff every year. We always have some hidden hall of famers hiding under the bench somewhere.  Yawn
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Do we have any Hatfields employed by the team? Maybe that's what is keeping McCoy from visiting?
Reply/Quote
I hope you guys get him if we don't.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Cleveland just had a champion a couple years ago. When is our last championship? The Big Red Machine back in the 70's?

1990 Cincinnati Reds
Reply/Quote
McCoy is a Panther, thus making this 19 page thread as irrelevant as possible.
Reply/Quote
After all this crap with Balt and the World Champion Browns I'm glad the Panthers won the sweepstakes.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, of those 3 teams...that's where I would have went too.
Reply/Quote

Excuse me sir, may I see your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance?  Oh, and by the way;  Have you been drinking tonight??  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Whew, at least we don't have to play against him 2x a year.

Enjoy the Panthers McCoy!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: McCoy is a Panther, thus making this 19 page thread as irrelevant as possible.

Meh, I thought it was kind of fun, but I guess we can go back to thread #692 complaining about how Drew Sample's a fourth round prospect at best now. 
Reply/Quote
$4 million guaranteed. If he hits all incentives $10.25 million. He wasn't worth quite as much as he thought he was.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote