Bowling
Dennard
Bernard
Hopkins
Eifert
Driskel
Core
Wyn

Those guys listed will give us over 25 Mil to use. Not to mention we can cut Gleen (9.5 mil) Hart (5.t mil), Brown (5.5 Mil) and can get even more if we need it.

And you guys also Realize that Greens $15 mill comes off the books next year as well, so all we would be doing with him is putting it right back on the books at the same amount, and Boyd's 1 mill goes back into the pot as well, so we'd only need to come up with another 9 mil to keep them BOTH and add McCoy we would lose a couple more players, but if they aren't playing up to their caliber then bye).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes we can get him and keep both WR's.

Bowling
Dennard
Bernard
Hopkins
Eifert
Driskel
Core
Wyn

Those guys listed will give us over 25 Mil to use. Not to mention we can cut Gleen (9.5 mil) Hart (5.t mil), Brown (5.5 Mil) and can get even more if we need it.

And you guys also Realize that Greens $15 mill comes off the books next year as well, so all we would be doing with him is putting it right back on the books at the same amount, and Boyd's 1 mill goes back into the pot as well, so we'd only need to come up with another 9 mil to keep them BOTH and add McCoy we would lose a couple more players, but if they aren't playing up to their caliber then bye).

Good points. We do have some big salaries coming off the books after this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We all know what we can "afford" from a CAP standpoint.

We also all know MB sees our CAP much differently.

Per Hobspin we went into the negative with the signing of Dennard.

Teams can do a lot more with 6m left in CAP then we can with 23m. Funny how that works, but it's been working like that for years now.

Of course we all know that as Bengal fans.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: We all know what we can "afford" from a CAP standpoint.

Teams can do a lot more with 6m left in CAP then we can with 23m. Funny how that works, but it's been working like that for years now.

[Image: xx828.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes we can get him and keep both WR's.

Bowling
Dennard
Bernard
Hopkins
Eifert
Driskel
Core
Wyn

Seems that way, but we need to roll over money for WJIII and Mixon. And if we have the year we all want, then Dalton will be up as well. They will find a way to claim broke.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Seems that way, but we need to roll over money for WJIII and Mixon. And if we have the year we all want, then Dalton will be up as well. They will find a way to claim broke.

Dalton took a team-friendly deal to get pummeled into the turf behind a crap o-line, I doubt he will get all selfish and ask for real QB money next time.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 01:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: We all know what we can "afford" from a CAP standpoint.

So true
Reply/Quote
Left Cleveland without a deal.... is this happening??? haha
Reply/Quote
Yes
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 07:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Left Cleveland without a deal.... is this happening??? haha

Don't let him leave Cincy without a deal is all i can say!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 07:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Left Cleveland without a deal.... is this happening??? haha

At the very least you'd think he's want to use us as a negotiating chip.

But you never know, maybe the thought of playing in between Atkins and Dunlap is appealing to him, and maybe ZT is able to use those much lauded communication skills to make a huge sell and get him to give us a shot.

I'll tell you one thing - while I haven't been quite as down on the Bengals off season strategy as others it sure would be a nice shot in the arm for the fanbase if they can pull it off.

I suspect Baltimore may be where he ends up.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: At the very least you'd think he's want to use us as a negotiating chip.

But you never know, maybe the thought of playing in between Atkins and Dunlap is appealing to him, and maybe ZT is able to use those much lauded communication skills to make a huge sell and get him to give us a shot.

I'll tell you one thing - while I haven't been quite as down on the Bengals off season strategy as others it sure would be a nice shot in the arm for the fanbase if they can pull it off.

I suspect Baltimore may be where he ends up.

I heard that's where he wants to play.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't let him leave Cincy without a deal is all i can say!!!

I haven’t read he had a visit planned for Cincinnati. He will go to Baltimore Tuesday, then maybe swing by Cincy then, hard to tell. I think it would be nice to have him, but no huge ordeal if he doesn’t.

Reply/Quote
He would be a welcome addition.
Reply/Quote
I read where his #1 factor in determining where to go is he wants to go to a contender.

I unfortunately doubt that he considers a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years in that category.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 01:58 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I heard that's where he wants to play.

So much for wanting to play for  SB contender.  The Ratbirds are no way in hell a SB contender.  Their offense was completely exposed and they lost half their damn defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 09:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read where his #1 factor in determining where to go is he wants to go to a contender.

I unfortunately doubt that he considers a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years in that category.

Unless we overwhelm him with more money than anyone, i'm afraid you are correct.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 09:15 AM)McC Wrote: So much for wanting to play for  SB contender.  The Ratbirds are no way in hell a SB contender.  Their offense was completely exposed and they lost half their damn defense.

I agree that they're not a SB contender...and their QB seems 1 dimensional.

However, that franchise has won SB's in the past and seems to be a good organization...so chances are they will field a winner at some point soon.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
If that's true, yowza this is getting interesting.

I do remain a bit skeptical just because anybody can report just about anything. I'm not really familiar with the Wright Report... what's their track record?
Reply/Quote