Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-29-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have reservations made at Wendy's. This is disastrous!

I wonder if MB asked McCoy's agent to meet there as well?  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like he would use us as leverage only

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 03:25 PM)pally Wrote: Looks like he would use us as leverage only

Supposedly the Panthers are the 3rd Team.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree about what? Him getting 4000 yards combined making him a decent QB? If so, we'll just have to continue disagreeing.
I'm with you though that it's going to be difficult to run that much and he'll need to improve as a passer if he's going to stay on the field.
I'm just saying that if he can pull off 4000 combined yards, 25+ combined TDs, and 10 or less turnovers, that's a pretty solid stat line.

I was disagreeing that 2750 yards and 14 TD's is "slinging it". Whether or not he can vastly improve as a passer is key, because the offense they were running (17 carries per game for Jackson) isn't sustainable. 

(05-28-2019, 05:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with that.  It's just a simple fact that rush-first QBs just don't have long and productive careers in the NFL.  I also totally get the support for him on here, many were fans of his while watching him play for L'ville.  Heck, I'd even venture to guess that 15% or more of the regulars on here are the ones that go apeshit clamoring for Teddy Bridgewater, any time there's a hint that he'll hit the market.  Anyway, getting back to Lamar Jackson, If he comes out running 15-20 times/game, like he did last year?  I give him 6 games, before he ends up with a serious injury.

I certainly hope - as a Bengals fan - that he turns out like Kaepernick. (Jim) Harbaugh was able to mask Kaep's weaknesses (lack of touch or ability to go through progressions) and highlight his strengths for awhile, but eventually teams caught up with the pistol and exposed Kaep's limitations as a passer. 

Anything could happen though. This year will be telling. They're installing an all-new offense around him. He didn't even find out til 2-3 days ago, which was pretty interesting.

(05-28-2019, 06:20 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Update on Gerald McCoy in Baltimore

I think it's from earlier this morning, but a couple of things:
1) Ravens and McCoy were meeting later today, late afternoon/early evening.
2) Browns still believe they are in the mix.
3) McCoy seems willing to take his time.
4) Bengals are described as "still lurking in the background".
5) Bengals have not yet set anything up with McCoy, BUT the Ravens didn't set anything up with him until he was done in Cleveland.

Ya don't say? LOL

(05-28-2019, 07:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: we sound so creepy...lurking in the background

We're out here looking at McCoy like:

[Image: giphy.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It would be absolutely shocking if he came here.

But, IF he did...I'd instantly upgrade my view of free agency practices of the team.
Reply/Quote
I just read that McCoy is choosing between the Browns and Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Gerald McCoy sweepstakes down to Browns, Ravens and Panthers

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/gerald-mccoy-sweepstakes-down-to-browns-ravens-and-panthers/95-2113ec0f-a305-41c9-809f-fe5240b73c8c
Reply/Quote
Prepare to switch modes and talk about how bad of a fit he would be here and how he would have costed us from re-signing players.
Reply/Quote
If only McCoy knew we would be the dark horse of the Division and HE would be the guy that made the D good enough to win it all.
Reply/Quote
We don't need him. The Browns don't need him. The Ravens need help on D after losing everyone... Let's hope the Panthers get him.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Prepare to switch modes and talk about how bad of a fit he would be here and how he would have costed us from re-signing players.

Switch gears?

Many already stated no big deal if we did not sign him or could care less.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Prepare to switch modes and talk about how bad of a fit he would be here and how he would have costed us from re-signing players.

And here I was holding out hope to see the "The Bengals signed him? He must be garbage" take.  Cry
Reply/Quote
As long as the Browns don't get him. They've already won too many Superbowls this offseason. I can't take further talk of their dynasty if they sign him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gerald McCoy sweepstakes down to Browns, Ravens and Panthers

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/gerald-mccoy-sweepstakes-down-to-browns-ravens-and-panthers/95-2113ec0f-a305-41c9-809f-fe5240b73c8c

well if those are his real choices then all I can say is go Panthers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gerald McCoy sweepstakes down to Browns, Ravens and Panthers

This is why getting excited about reports of “interest” are a waste of time. He’s not even going to sniff a visit in Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 06:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

This is why getting excited about reports of “interest” are a waste of time. He’s not even going to sniff a visit in Cincinnati.

Makes you wonder if the reports of the Bengals, was just a lot of smoke being blowing people's asses? In fact, I don't believe the FO ever said they were interested in McCoy.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 07:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Makes you wonder if the reports of the Bengals, was just a lot of smoke being blowing people's asses? In fact, I don't believe the FO ever said they were interested in McCoy.

The reports were either bogus or he had/has zero interest. Either way, it’s bad.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 07:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Makes you wonder if the reports of the Bengals, was just a lot of smoke being blowing people's asses? In fact, I don't believe the FO ever said they were interested in McCoy.

Reports were media feed by his agents.

Bengals would have made a public statement if the feed negatively impacted them.

In this case, it was better to remain silent.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 06:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

The media has no clue where he's going to sign.

IF he was that interested in the Browns or Ravens, he would have gotten a deal done. Not saying he won't go there, but it's still open I'd say.
Reply/Quote