Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-guard-michael-jordan-is-working-out-with-willie-anderson

While I am sure working with Anderson can only help, but I can already hear the fluff piece on Bengals.com after we miss out in FA on the top guards and the team is all set with Pollack and Anderson being able to fix Jordan.

I mean, sure it would be nice if this made him a decent or above average guard but I just can't picture it happening.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he’s a starter next season I will loose all hope for this team doing right by Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he’s a starter next season I will loose all hope for this team doing right by Joe Burrow.

I kinda feel the same way, BUT dude is young.  And it sounds like he's committed to getting better.  Hopefully he's depth while he continues to work on his craft and learn the game a bit better, but I like seeing this at least.  Shows he cares and wants to get better.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he’s a starter next season I will loose all hope for this team doing right by Joe Burrow.

Can't you already picture it though?

Hopson's Choice:

"O-line gets a Big Education"

After a season where Bengals QB Joe Burrow took a league leading amount of sacks and hits, the offseason focus was centered on the Bengals offensive line. While many fans were screaming to sign Joe Thuney and other top free agents at the position, the Bengals did their due diligence before deciding that the best options were already on the team. Being pressed right up against the cap after extending Clark Harris and Carl Lawson, the Bengals had to be careful with the remaining cap space they like to reserve for future contracts, draft signings and injury replacements. Fortunately, an offseason of working with the Big man the Bengals will have the answers to the interior in a familiar face.

Pictured: Bengals Guard Michael Jordan as he gets absolutely dominated back into Joe Burrow against the Washington Football Team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:47 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I kinda feel the same way, BUT dude is young.  And it sounds like he's committed to getting better.  Hopefully he's depth while he continues to work on his craft and learn the game a bit better, but I like seeing this at least.  Shows he cares and wants to get better.

I hope it works out better than John Ross training with TJ did...

(03-04-2021, 02:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can't you already picture it though?

Hopson's Choice:

"O-line gets a Big Education"

After a season where Bengals QB Joe Burrow took a league leading amount of sacks and hits, the offseason focus was centered on the Bengals offensive line. While many fans were screaming to sign Joe Thuney and other top free agents at the position, the Bengals did their due diligence before deciding that the best options were already on the team. Being pressed right up against the cap after extending Clark Harris and Carl Lawson, the Bengals had to be careful with the remaining cap space they like to reserve for future contracts, draft signings and injury replacements. Fortunately, an offseason of working with the Big man the Bengals will have the answers to the interior in a familiar face.

Pictured: Bengals Guard Michael Jordan as he gets absolutely dominated back into Joe Burrow against the Washington Football Team.

Sounds about right.

Reply/Quote
23 year old Michael Jordan told me to tell you hi and to remind you that he isn't the first mid-round OL to have a rocky start to their career. He also wanted me to remind you it wouldn't be the first time a guy had a down year in the NFL and improved.
Reply/Quote
It's good he's working with Willie. This should help him stay on the roster. Any talk of him competing for a starting job is a plan to fail.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 23 year old Michael Jordan told me to tell you hi and to remind you that he isn't the first mid-round OL to have a rocky start to their career. He also wanted me to remind you it wouldn't be the first time a guy had a down year in the NFL and improved.

Weird, he told me that he wanted me to remind you that most OL who start out awful finish awful, and that a down year means you had height to begin with, not just 2 terrible years. (He also said that Franchise QBs don't grow on trees, so you shouldn't waste them by letting them get murdered behind terrible offensive linemen on the hope that third time is a charm and they won't continue to just be terrible.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Just gotta tighten up the bolts on the turnstile... we good!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:23 AM)phil413 Wrote: It's good he's working with Willie.  This should help him stay on the roster.  Any talk of him competing for a starting job is a plan to fail.

I don't have a problem with him or anyone competing for a starting job.  I have a problem with it being handed to him.  The kid is big, talented and young.  He has also had horrible coaching the past 2 years.
Reply/Quote
We need a "fingers crossed"   emote  in JUNGLE NOISE.

[Image: fingers-crossed-emoji-color-icon-vector-...J0PaNUEnI=]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:33 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I don't have a problem with him or anyone competing for a starting job.  I have a problem with it being handed to him.  The kid is big, talented and young.  He has also had horrible coaching the past 2 years.

I would add no problem with him competing as long as the competition is of a good quality. Winning a competition of redmond, sua filo, price and johnson doesnt mean anything. If he beats out thuney (hypothetical example) thats a complete different story
Reply/Quote
Nice lateral movement.... now work on not getting pushed straight back....
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 23 year old Michael Jordan told me to tell you hi and to remind you that he isn't the first mid-round OL to have a rocky start to their career. He also wanted me to remind you it wouldn't be the first time a guy had a down year in the NFL and improved.

Agree with both points.

He definitely could improve dramatically.

But that can't be plan A.  It will be great if it happens but we can't count on it.
Reply/Quote

He's had two down years in his two years in the league.
Yes, he's a 4th round pick, and likely needed time to develop.
But the Bengals decided to go ahead and throw him into a starting role, and he did not do well.
I'm fine with keeping him and hope he improves, but it'd be a disservice to the team for him to be the starter Week 1 of 2021.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let's say he does he improve a great deal, to the point of actually being a serviceable starting lineman. What does that say about the Bengals coaching staff? What does say about the people that put the staff in place?

Spending a few weeks with Willie Anderson is some educational and energizing experience to the boint of breakthough, but spending a couple years with the Bengals (mini-camp, OTA's, training camp, day-in -day-out practice, drills, film, competition with fellow professionals) produced little to no improvement?
Reply/Quote
At least he’s trying something to improve himself. But this needs to translate to on field performance. And beating out quality competition as someone pointed out.

I just hope this is better than Cedric the offender working out with mma guys just to come in and still look like a cream puff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 11:42 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Let's say he does he improve a great deal, to the point of actually being a serviceable starting lineman.  What does that say about the Bengals coaching staff?  What does say about the people that put the staff in place?

Spending a few weeks with Willie Anderson is some educational and energizing experience to the boint of breakthough, but spending a couple years with the Bengals (mini-camp, OTA's, training camp, day-in -day-out practice, drills, film, competition with fellow professionals) produced little to no improvement?

It would help support that Jim Turner was a bad coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 08:33 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I don't have a problem with him or anyone competing for a starting job.  I have a problem with it being handed to him.  The kid is big, talented and young.  He has also had horrible coaching the past 2 years.

Ideally you're correct, competition brings out the best in people.  I'm saying though that they need two clear cut starters at guard, he should be on the outside looking in. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would help support that Jim Turner was a bad coach.

and that Zach is a bad evaluator of coaches.
Reply/Quote