Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(03-04-2021, 02:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he’s a starter next season I will loose all hope for this team doing right by Joe Burrow.

I'm very, very close to that same opinion. I mean he hasn't just had some rookie/young player miscues here and there. He's been used and abused and just been very near awful way to much.

I would be pretty shocked at this point if Pollack just sprinkles some fairy dust on him and Willie waves his magic wand he becomes a stud overnight.

We need a couple "proven" top notch FA Olinemen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Release Michael Jordan, sign Gabe Jackson.
Problem solved.
I dont understand why he is still on this roster.
He got bull rushed right back into JB and we know
The rest of the story.
He showed no signs of progress even before that Washington
Game.
Might as well have Jon Kitna work with Ryan Finely
Reply/Quote
There is no help for this guy... Idgaf if Anthony munoz joined in too..
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 01:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Release Michael Jordan, sign Gabe Jackson.
Problem solved.
I dont understand why he is still on this roster.
He got bull rushed right back into JB and we know
The rest of the story.
He showed no signs of progress even before that Washington
Game.
Might as well have Jon Kitna work with Ryan Finely

does ryan finley also have tiny hands?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 07:34 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just gotta tighten up the bolts on the turnstile... we good!

[Image: 71rN0PxTMxL._AC_SX679_.jpg]
[Image: wd-40-lubricants-49000-64_1000.jpg]

Why replace something when you can fix it?  A lot of people think something is broken when it can be easily repaired.
Reply/Quote
I am confused by the 100% negativity (actually just shows fans don't want improvement once they have decided a player should be gone).

Let's look at the alternative stories that could be out there.

Jordan sitting at home eating doughnuts to beef up for 2021.
Jordan tells Willie Anderson no thanks when Willie offers his help.
Jordan spends off season doing no conditioning for 2021.

I always thought we wanted players who try to get better, but not in this forum, it is spun to make players look like Neanderthals. Congrats to the naysayers, way to take a positive and turn into a negative...................again

BTW..It was Eric Steinbach who missed the block at LG and allowed the Palmer injury in the 2006 playoff loss to the Steelers. I don't recall him being outcast as a result
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Won’t knock a guy for trying to get better also don’t think being around Willie will drastically make him better. I think the Micheal Jordan hate is a little crazy I never had high expectations. He’s a 4th round pick on a cheap contract and can play center in a pinch no need to cut him he’s ok as a backup. Cutting Finney will save money and Price might have to start at center, so we need Jordan for guard depth. We need to upgrade the guard position with a proven quality vet because we can’t go into the season with XFS, Jordan and a rookie and hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:37 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-guard-michael-jordan-is-working-out-with-willie-anderson

While I am sure working with Anderson can only help, but I can already hear the fluff piece on Bengals.com after we miss out in FA on the top guards and the team is all set with Pollack and Anderson being able to fix Jordan.

I mean, sure it would be nice if this made him a decent or above average guard but I just can't picture it happening.

He can only get better. He might get to be a decent backup, damn he was bad last year though.

Please no fluff pieces making excuses for not fixing the O-line... ugh
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He can only get better. He might get to be a decent backup, damn he was bad last year though.

Please no fluff pieces making excuses for not fixing the O-line... ugh

if pollack says he likes him?
Reply/Quote
if Michael Jordan is starting in 2021,

Joey Burrow better pray
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 23 year old Michael Jordan told me to tell you hi and to remind you that he isn't the first mid-round OL to have a rocky start to their career. He also wanted me to remind you it wouldn't be the first time a guy had a down year in the NFL and improved.

It's more of criticism for the team trotting him out there every week, or sticking with a position coach that doesn't coach technique
Reply/Quote
Everyone on here understands football is a contact sport, and that quarterbacks do get hit, right? What happened to JoeyB was a completely freak accident kinda thing where he got hit from both sides. It was a myriad of factors that caused this to happen, but a freak kinda thing overall. We saw Burrow get hit a LOT last year, which we all hated, and I'd even say he took worse hits on his own (see Chase Young goal line play as one example).

This doc explains it:

All I'm really trying to say is that the hate for MJ is unrealistically high. he's a 4th round young player, for effs sake. Blame Clint Boling for retiring if you wanna take it one step farther in the realm of ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if pollack says he likes him?

Of course he will say he likes him, just hate hearing fluff pieces talking about how we are good at O-line cause a certain 
backup player who just played terrible is getting so much better. It is easy to go from terrible to better. It is much harder
to go from good to great like I am hoping from Jonah and hopefully some big time new additions.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people here wrote off Andre Smith after his first two seasons but he ended up being one of the better RTs in the league for a couple of years.

Again, I am not saying that we should count on Johnson improving dramatically better, but I am not saying we should give up on him either.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of people here wrote off Andre Smith after his first two seasons but he ended up being one of the better RTs in the league for a couple of years.

Again, I am not saying that we should count on Johnson improving dramatically better, but I am not saying we should give up on him either.

I agree with that. Plus he can play Center which is a plus, he is versatile.
Reply/Quote
Good for Michael Jordan I expect the Covid rules are slightly more relaxed this year than last off-season giving these young players a chance to actual work on their game with professionals like Willie Anderson's Lineman Academy.

As fans we have to realize even if Michael Jordan isn't a day one starter if he's on the 53 there's a high possibility he will see some playing time due to injury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jordan can still improve. They shouldn't count on it tho as it relates to getting the Oline fixed.

I think they should try him at tackle (backup). Fred Johnson looked like he needed to be cut while playing guard, yet at tackle he's been starter quality and for the second year in a row, the offense has improved drastically in the run game and pass protection with him at LT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 23 year old Michael Jordan told me to tell you hi and to remind you that he isn't the first mid-round OL to have a rocky start to their career. He also wanted me to remind you it wouldn't be the first time a guy had a down year in the NFL and improved.

(03-04-2021, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am confused by the 100% negativity (actually just shows fans don't want improvement once they have decided a player should be gone).

Let's look at the alternative stories that could be out there.

Jordan sitting at home eating doughnuts to beef up for 2021.
Jordan tells Willie Anderson no thanks when Willie offers his help.
Jordan spends off season doing no conditioning for 2021.

I always thought we wanted players who try to get better, but not in this forum, it is spun to make players look like Neanderthals. Congrats to the naysayers, way to take a positive and turn into a negative...................again

BTW..It was Eric Steinbach who missed the block at LG and allowed the Palmer injury in the 2006 playoff loss to the Steelers. I don't recall him being outcast as a result

I didn't make the thread with the intent of being negative about the kid wanting to go out and improve himself and get better. If it works, that is awesome and it would be great to see him turn into a solid option at guard.

It was more a shot at the organization as I'm really concerned there will be more low value signings for the O-line and not a high level of competition that needs to be there. 

As others have said, if all he does is beat out Redmon, Price and XSF, that isn't a sign of improvement as much as the status quo here in town.

If he beats out Thuney and a good draft pick for a spot... then congrats to him for getting better and I'll be happy as hell for him.

I just don't want his working out with Willie to be an excuse (Go team Hopson) that the Guard spot isn't a focal point anymore.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jordan can still improve. They shouldn't count on it tho as it relates to getting the Oline fixed.

I think they should try him at tackle (backup). Fred Johnson looked like he needed to be cut while playing guard, yet at tackle he's been starter quality and for the second year in a row, the offense has improved drastically in the run game and pass protection with him at LT.

bobby hart is also young and had the same bad OL teacher the last 2 years.....   But everyone thinks he cant improve. (despite improving)
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:44 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Everyone on here understands football is a contact sport, and that quarterbacks do get hit, right?  What happened to JoeyB was a completely freak accident kinda thing where he got hit from both sides.  It was a myriad of factors that caused this to happen, but a freak kinda thing overall.  We saw Burrow get hit a LOT last year, which we all hated, and I'd even say he took worse hits on his own (see Chase Young goal line play as one example).

This doc explains it:

All I'm really trying to say is that the hate for MJ is unrealistically high.  he's a 4th round young player, for effs sake.  Blame Clint Boling for retiring if you wanna take it one step farther in the realm of ridiculous.

well MJ has 1 job  maybe 2  Protect the QB and open run lanes... He did neither well. could he improve sure.... everyone can.

Should we risk burrow on the chance he improves without exploring better options not a chance.
Reply/Quote